Page 548 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 484484985385445455465475485495505515525585986481048 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Attachment 93244

It's stuff like this that reinforce my dislike of Bernie Sanders. I'm seeing McCain/Palin only worse.
    Whee is his evidence? Tom Watson is a known Bernie disliker.
    Also, Nina Turner is a woman of Color and his SPOX, there is nowehere where Gabbards would be his VP.

So again, what's disqualifying about Nina Turner?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Politics is not like putting a child to sleep, which is why people are asking how Sanders is going to fulfill his promises.

I know those questions tend to anger you, but they are completely legitimate questions.
    And many of us have responded to you over and over and over about how he plans to do things and from his own site even. But it's annoying having to keep doing it, so why keep doing it.
    We'll defend Sanders or the person we choose against inane attacks and smears the way we choose.

I may "type" like I'm mad, but it takes more than a message board forum discussion where some people lie and are dishonest to get me upset.

I don't take anything Paul or Leviathan says seriously because they tend to do things to upset and smear, so I just see their posts and ignore their posts. Others I just shake my head at, because there is no reaching them.
    All I expect for those people to support Bernie if he's the nominee and expect me to NOT vote for Bloomberg, Period.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    And many of us have responded to you over and over and over about how he plans to do things and from his own site even. But it's annoying having to keep doing it, so why keep doing it.
    You did and I pointed out that the site didn't clearly answer how he would pay for the programs because there was no solid data or any real plan on how he would pass legislation.

I then pointed out that those questions are going to come up in the general election and people have a right to know how a candidate is going to deal with them if they want support, both before and after the primaries.

My assumption after that was that you don't care about said support, so it's hard to see how things will be any different for Sanders this time around.

You're more than welcome to expect said support, but it remains to be seen if that will work out in the primaries, much less a general election.

All I know for certain is that openly fighting with the Democratic party is not a good foreshadowing of success as the Democratic nominee.

Think of me as more Doubting Thomas than anti-Sanders -- I want to see proof that the man can perform miracles before I believe in them.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2020 at 05:26 PM.

He's probably going by your response to my fears of a Bloomberg presidency as a black man.

#neverbloomberg
    It was one of many.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Bloomberg is the only candidate I will not vote for even against Trump.

I'm not going to vote for a fucking republican.

Warren, Biden, and even Pete & Amy I will hold my nose and cast a vote for but I draw the line at Bloomberg.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post

Warren, Biden, and even Pete & Amy I will hold my nose and cast a vote for but I draw the line at Bloomberg.
    I doubt you have anything to worry about. I peg Bloomberg's chances at zero, that said, stranger things have happened. But if it makes you feel better I did correctly predict Trump as president all the way back in 2015 (so I have a good track record).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post

I think Bloomberg would be an improvement over Trump, but that is mostly because the opponent in that scenario IS Trump. The only person in the Dem Primary I can think of as possibly being worse than Trump is Tulsi Gabbard, but she has no chance. She has alienated the party to the point I think her own pledged delegates (if she can manage to acquire any) might actually vote for someone else.

Even with all the instances of racism I think Bloomberg would be better for any minority than Trump as well, because of the outright hostility Trump has displayed. Anyone who can give as much a role to Miller (the man who has NEVER spoken of anyone non-white or foreign born in good or even neutral terms) is so far under the floor that even someone otherwise terrible would be an improvement.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

They'll find a way. There's some people here, 100% paranoid of being actual Liberals, Fiscally and Socially.
    To them, they don't understand why Bloomberg is such a **** person.
    I refuse to vote for Bloomberg period.

I know how terrible and authoritarian he can be. Also, this dude is beyond insider level, and is a racist piece of ****, who has to BUY Black supporters.

People screaming about Sanders not being a Democrat are terrible people, the instant they jump to supporting Bloomberg.
    They talk about me being vulnerable to Propaganda, but Will vote "blue" for a Billionaire Oligarch, as long as it's not someone who actually gives a damn about the people.

**** on Sanders, and Stan for Bloomberg. It's hilarious.

It's also funny watching Warren trolls on Twitter ith the infighting now that many of her supporters are Jumping ship to Sanders or Bloomberg.

We "SAY" we're on the same team, but we're not.
    I can't stand Liberals unable to take a stand, and willing to lie about people, just because the person they dislike gives a damn.
    Except people here all hate Bloomberg and are only interested in voting for him in the general, not the primaries. As a last resort.

They're both aren't Democrats and are only using their party for their own ends. Someone bought terrible things Sanders has done only to be ignored by Sanders supporters. He truly can do no wrong in the eyes of his supporters and that's worrying.

I'd vote for either of them in a heartbeat over Trump if they're the nominee, since it'll be a Democrat or Republican president when this is over. I'd prefer it not to be Trump.

You are vulnerable to propaganda, it's been shown in detail where you fall for it and how you're not immune it because you says you are. You refuse to listen. Nobody's lying about people.

Not agreeing with you isn't taking a stand, it's simply taking a political position you disagree with. I don't think you understand how badly Sanders has hurt himself among progressives, and other wings, as a candidate and that not everyone buys he's as competent as he says he is. We need a Democratic president who will make progress in the White House, not the next Jimmy Carter.

Whee is his evidence? Tom Watson is a known Bernie disliker.
    Also, Nina Turner is a woman of Color and his SPOX, there is nowehere where Gabbards would be his VP.

So again, what's disqualifying about Nina Turner?
    How do you dislike Gabbard and like Nina Turner? They both support Gabbard, and Turner had troubles leading Our Revolution by refusing to fire a Trump supporter.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-figaro-603410

Nina Turner is keeping her personal consultant on the Our Revolution payroll despite complaints from current and former board members and staff that the woman has made anti-immigrant comments that compromise the Bernie Sanders-inspired political group’s values.

In a statement out Tuesday, Turner, the group’s president, noted that the comments by Tezlyn Figaro are not held by Turner, or by Our Revolution. On Fox News last year, Figaro cited President Donald Trump‘s “leadership” on the travel ban and said, “We are sick and tired of immigrants coming into the country and getting benefits that Americans do not get … what I’m seeing is not paying taxes, what I’m seeing is getting a lot of freebies that Americans do not get.”
    Would you tolerate the Sanders administration have Trump supporters high in the ranks? They will with Turner, who is rumoured to be a pick for his chief of staff.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 02-15-2020 at 05:40 PM.

BANNED

I would vote for Bloomberg for the reasons Gray laid out.

I also think nominating him would lead to certain defeat.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I ask this purely out of curiosity: given your strong feelings, how is it that Bloomberg is polling so (relatively) well among black voters? What do you think is leading to that given the other negatives that are motivating your stance?
    Saw a round table on the news earlier and it basically came down to one thing -- pragmatism, especially from a financial perspective.

The removal of Trump being the key objective.

They also noted said support is not a foregone conclusion -- things could change as time goes on and more revelations are brought to the forefront.

I still don't go by polls when I can avoid it -- there's a lot of race still to be run and I'd rather just see how people really vote since this is a very unique election.

It's like the perfect storm of imperfect candidates.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2020 at 05:52 PM.

BANNED

Saw a round table on the news earlier and it basically came down to one thing -- pragmatism, especially from a financial perspective.

I still don't go by polls when I can avoid it -- there's a lot of race still to be run and I'd rather just see how people really vote since this is a very unique election.
    We hear a lot that black voters are pragmatic and that is what I've come to think is the basis with Bloomberg too. I wish more black voters were willing to be aggressive with their voting, but I understand the deep-seated harm that caused that tendency too. Young black voters are maybe trending another direction with their larger support for Bernie. But who knows.

My voting order:

1. Klobuchar
    2. Bloomberg
    3. Biden
    4. Mayor Pete - policy wise he's probably my #2 but I'm uneasy with the idea of a president whose experience is being mayor of a city of only 100,000.

After those four I'd definitely vote 3rd party as Trump's awfulness doesn't mean we need to vote in an equally awful extreme leftist, especially if dems end up controlling the house and senate and there is no one to rein in the extremism. Policy wise Trump isn't really that radical, he's a fairly typical republican. He's just a complete douchebag in how he acts and presents himself. A Trump vs Bernie and / or Warren ticket would just be voting for how you wanted America to get ****** up the *** the next year, either way your getting ****** up the ***.
    Last edited by TriggerWarning; 02-15-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    We hear a lot that black voters are pragmatic and that is what I've come to think is the basis with Bloomberg too. I wish more black voters were willing to be aggressive with their voting, but I understand the deep-seated harm that caused that tendency too. Young black voters are maybe trending another direction with their larger support for Bernie. But who knows.
    It is a sad fact in America that many voting blocks will vote against their self-interests to be pragmatic. Look at poor White Southerners who vote Republican (often because of the gun or abortion issues) even though they need expanded public healthcare more than most something GOP politicians are dead set against.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It is a sad fact in America that many voting blocks will vote against their self-interests to be pragmatic. Look at poor White Southerners who vote Republican (often because of the gun or abortion issues) even though they need expanded public healthcare more than most something GOP politicians are dead set against.
    That's a completely different analogy -- outside of maybe Biden, what candidate is actually representing African-American interests in this election?

I can see how it can be argued that Sanders' policies will benefit everyone, but that's not the same as addressing the issue of race directly in this country.

To the contrary, it's likely most will try to avoid getting involved with "identity politics" in order to attract more white voters.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2020 at 06:05 PM.

That's a completely different analogy -- outside of maybe Biden, what candidate is actually representing African-American interests in this election?

I can see how it can be argued that Sanders' policies will benefit everyone, but that's not the same as addressing the issue of race directly in this country.

To the contrary, it's likely most will try to avoid getting involved with "identity politics" in order to attract more white voters.
    I was talking about Bloomberg's questionable record on race relations, not Biden or Sanders. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.