Page 479 of 573 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 8586
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I'm not digging the whole fish out of water focus this season is going to have. Also, I miss Ghost Rider and his interactions with Daisy. Chloe Benet was on fire last season, but it feel almost like she was told to phone it in here. Somewhat interested to learn of the exact details regarding this ime lines history, but therwise not to intergued with the core characters rebelling against their Kree overlords. Still, I'll take it. Hopefully the whole roach thing gets some elaboration qnd maybe is some kind of stage nod to Captain Marvel...
    I was hoping this season would setup Captain Marvel which it being a Kree installation so close to Earth and it's apparent age. Being in the future shot that to hell.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Premiere got a 0.7 rating, which is in line with what it was getting last year on Tuesday nights. Nothing on Friday got higher than 0.9, and Inhumans was getting a 0.5, so ABC will take this, I'm sure. Still probably not going to get them to season 6, though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I was hoping this season would setup Captain Marvel which it being a Kree installation so close to Earth and it's apparent age. Being in the future shot that to hell.
    Same I think that would be a more interesting angle. While watching the episodes it just seemed natural that some of this introduction to Kree could be beneficial for setting up Captain Marvel.

Spectacular Member

Captain Marvel aka not Shazam! Carol Danvers Film has not started yet, they have some concepts, a bit of a story, casting, designs but no filming and no principal photography so its very open, sketchy, creative loose and free. Agents of Shield time jumping into outer space allows Marvel to introduce Kree without setting the Marvel universe in stone.

Also people have predicted bad stuff about the Kree, like it will flop or something like Fan4 or Green Lantern but it could be a mistake to bet against the Marvel machine

and GL was uniquely bad, Marvel had a few stumbles but so far has done such a good job of building their tv/movie universe

it is the 9th installment as part of Phase Three, Brie Larson (Room, KingKong, Greenberg, Scott Pilgrim, tv actress) cast as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel, I think it also features maybe the Skrulls and the mirco or quantum verse in Antman ... jut going off rumors I read online
    Last edited by WhichDrWhowins; 12-03-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    That was a pretty great return episode... As for the Daisy\Quake reveal.. I'm thinking this is gonna be like X-men Gambit like situation were everything seems to point to her destroying the world but in the end it really wasn't her..
    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea they reveal it was Thanos actually and then the Coulson gang send AoU Thor a vision of Thanos and the infinity stones to warn him lol..... Why AoU Thor iono cause they likes him better when he had long hair who knows

Serioisly though AoS needs to introduce the idea of the Pink Kree. That way Jude Law can play Mar-Vell in Captain Marvela and there will be some kinda ground work.
    I'm still waiting for Starfox to make an appearance. (Pouts)

So now they introduce time travel.

I was hoping when Coulson,Fitz, and Robbie were transported into the weird dimension, they actually time traveled into the past and meet Peggy Carter and the rest of the SSR. Coulson would try to act cool without geeking out, Fitz would complaining about the 'primitive' technology. Maybe Robbie could meet Carter Slade (Yes, I know the timeline is wrong), and learn about being Ghost Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by WhichDrWhowins View Post
    Captain Marvel aka not Shazam! Carol Danvers Film has not started yet, they have some concepts, a bit of a story, casting, designs but no filming and no principal photography so its very open, sketchy, creative loose and free. Agents of Shield time jumping into outer space allows Marvel to introduce Kree without setting the Marvel universe in stone.
    The Kree were introduced in Agents of SHIELD like 2 seasons ago.

Decent start to the season. Lost no momentum from last season. I'm hoping there will be more of a link to the movies this time around, but I'm not holding my breath.

I like the idea of seeing characters like Starfox, etc.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Astonishing Member

I believe they hinted at less a connection to the movies this season.

Ultimate Member

Who knows if they go back in time and alter time/reality itself maybe they could just then suddenly have mutants have always existed and only the current team would know that there had been a time in which they didn't in the AoS universe, that is if Marvel/Disney gets the rights and all...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Decent start to the season. Lost no momentum from last season. I'm hoping there will be more of a link to the movies this time around, but I'm not holding my breath.

I like the idea of seeing characters like Starfox, etc.
    I don't care if it's connected to the movies anymore, it's enough that it is connected to the marvel universe and they are actually starting to explore more aspects of it. I mean just imagine it.

Agents of shield... a bunch of freaking spies and government agents, have brushed shoulders with asguardians and even had run ins with the kree.

This ONE show has touched upon more areas of the marvel universe than all the marvel netflix shows combined, and the inhumans show.

The ambition of this show absolutely F*cking astounds me. They are not cowed into being small little corners making SURE to keep their scope lowered to the ground like the marvel shows, nothing too exotic, best not scare anyone on netflix away, stay more mundane seems to be the motto there. While even fox with legion and the gifted is shooting for the fences.

Agents of Shield is the one island of expansiveness for marvel live action television that they control. Hydra, inhumans, hydra alien trapped on a prison planet, the framework, aida, ghost rider, some pockets of the magical spheres of the marvel universe, and now we are in space? Kree artifacts, kree people, destroyed worlds, time travel?

Do you all see how much more confident and fearless this show is? How they seem to WANT to explore and go farther? Not just grovel into the dirt, ashamed of being part of something grander than some sort of low fantasy vision of a comic world?

Shield reminds me more of a live action avengers earths mightiest heroes or young justice than a typical marvel show. Those animated shows spanned far and wide. If this is the last season, I am grateful for them for bucking the trend of mundane muggle focused characters and scope. Even a team of mostly human agents with no powers seen to live in a more magical and powered world than daredevil, jessica jones, luke cage, iron fist, etc etc, and same with the punisher. And I'm not saying they are bad for it, but don't tell me they are not smaller and more timid scales and stories.

Astonishing Member

Hear, hear!

This show is fearless and I love ever bit of it. They are past the point of "grovelling" for scraps from the main table. They've been doing their thing since S2 and every season, it just gets bigger and bigger. It may not be Thanos level big, but it's enough to change the fabric of its own portion of the MCU. I mean they have brought a dead man back to life using science and alien DNA, a Level 5 Agent has travelled to another planet and survived on her own for a couple of months. They've dealt with a reality altering demonic book, created super advanced robot that gives Ultron a run for his money, time travelled and now could end up in an alternate universe, that is if all ties are cut between the tv division and the movies. No other MCU character(s) except for Thor and the GotG can boast such a resumé in exploring the furthest reaches of the MCU.

This show is fantastic.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 12-04-2017 at 04:54 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    The Kree were introduced in Agents of SHIELD like 2 seasons ago.
    Kree has been with the show since season one. Kree blood is responsible for Coulson's Resurrection.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

finally saw it.

i thought this was gonna be a intro for S.W.O.R.D. but i like this too. you can really feel how ground down everyone is. will be interesting to see how cheese and the crew deal with this new setting.

Astonishing Member

S.W.O.R.D. isn't available for them to use.

BANNED

im not sure how far theyve been sent, but it seems like the Kree outpost is considered a backwater, something on the fringe of the Kree Empire