Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Winners and Losers of the Krakoa Era

Who do you think benefited the most from the Krakoa island nation?

Easy answer is probably every dead mutant. Probably every villain too besides Sabretooth.
    Storm is queen of a planet.
    Sunfire got put on the A-Team.

Who benefited the least?

Xavier and Moira's reputations took a big hit.
    Rictor is insufferable. Most of the Excalibur roster went down hill too.
    Nature Girl is an obvious one.

Winners: Synch, Sunfire, Polaris, Daken, Northstar, Aurora, Christian Frost, Sage, Fabian Cortez, Monet, Gorgon, Jubilee, Destiny, Prodigy, Wind Dancer, Moira, Kwannon, Nanny, Greycrow, and every other character who wouldn't usually get to be part of the main cast of a team book getting to be part of the main cast of a team book. All of the Quiet Council, for their importance. Storm twice over for the same reason + becoming Regent of Sol. The majority of the cast Ewing used in SWORD for coming out of deep retirement. I mean, Risque? Peepers? Wiz Kid? This era is amazing for that alone.

The most? I'd throw in:

-Emma Frost. And it doesn't look like they want her slowing down anytime soon. She may have taken a hit to her power level telepathy wise, but she's more than making up for it in other ways.

-Bobby. This push (again) to explore his powers is something I'm really hoping they follow through with so I'm going to count that as a win.

----

Who benefited the least:

- Kid Omega. I understand that it was to build up a plot but jfc the amount of deaths this guy ate lmao! And then you have him annoying the Five with all his body edits.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    Who do you think benefited the most from the Krakoa island nation?

Easy answer is probably every dead mutant. Probably every villain too besides Sabretooth.
    Storm is queen of a planet.
    Sunfire got put on the A-Team.

Who benefited the least?

Xavier and Moira's reputations took a big hit.
    Rictor is insufferable. Most of the Excalibur roster went down hill too.
    Nature Girl is an obvious one.
    Honestly I think Xavier's reputation hasn't been the same sis Deadly Genesis. Nothing that Chuck does shocks me anymore.

Rictor actually seemed to be getting better near the end of Excalibur, and really ever since Shatterstar ended up joining that book.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Winners: Synch, Sunfire, Polaris, Daken, Northstar, Aurora, Christian Frost, Sage, Fabian Cortez, Monet, Gorgon, Jubilee, Destiny, Prodigy, Wind Dancer, Moira, Kwannon, Nanny, Greycrow, and every other character who wouldn't usually get to be part of the main cast of a team book getting to be part of the main cast of a team book. All of the Quiet Council, for their importance. Storm twice over for the same reason + becoming Regent of Sol. The majority of the cast Ewing used in SWORD for coming out of deep retirement. I mean, Risque? Peepers? Wiz Kid? This era is amazing for that alone.
    Only disagree here is Jubes, but yeah overall this era has been great for spotlighting underused characters.

Ultimate Member

The members of the Hellions had a good book but overall I'd say they lost, like Havok got zero help with his problems despite that being the whole point of the book, well his and the rest of the teams problems...and Archangel doesn't seem to have benefited at all either...and Warpath's gotten stuck with the kids team for some reason...

My girl Wind Dancer rejoined the franchise after nearly 15 years of neglect, she got her powers back, and she got a nice role in media production.

My other girl Surge got three cameos, and one line of dialogue that consisted of four words. That's thriving for her. She's thriving.

Hellion is always a winner.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Incredible Member

Winner: Greycrow (and hopefully Thunderbird).

Loser: Banshee

Astonishing Member

I feel i should wait till the "era" is over to really judge this.

Some might look like winners now, but they can still fade away quickly or come out much worse. Similar for some character's absence might turn out more profitable in the long run than being frequently (mis)used right now, damaging their long term appeal for following writers and readers.

With quality weighted against quantity some characters may have appeared more then before but they where better used before Krakoa.

Better: Synch. Jean. Cyclops. Emma. Roberto. Kwannon. Dakken. Hellions cast. Nate Grey(for escaping Age of X-man).

Loser: Gambit&Rogue. What a fall from Mr&Mrs X to this shadowy existence. Jubilee. Rictor(I used to like him but I can’t find much of that character in what we get now). Betsy. Warren. Monet. Madrox. Laura(Duggan is one beer away from erasing her personality).

Mighty Member

Winners: everyone on the Quiet Council. The Hellions. S.W.O.R.D. Cypher.

Losers: Sage. Colossus. All the New X-men kids. Any character written by Tini Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    All the New X-men kids.
    I wouldn't say that. The death fodder has been brought back. Prodigy was on X-Factor and got his powers back. Sofia got everything she lost in M-Day, and more. DJ has had more prominence than he's ever had. Surge hasn't been used as a token bitch. Sure, most of them aren't getting major focus, but it's a step up for many of them.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

The clear losers are Santo/Rockslide, Moira, Omega Sentinal, Nature Girl, and Sabretooth.

Jubilee, Rictor, Gambit, Rogue, Siryn, Nightcrawler, and Boom Boom have had some weird characterization and storylines. I'm sure I'm missing some people that belong to this list. Gorgon, Vulcan, Colossus, Bishop, Dazzler, Blob, and Mystique have been underutilized but I see that will be changing for at least some of them.

The rest are mostly winners during this era. The standouts for me are Cipher, Proteus, Monarch, Eye-Boy, Apocalypse, Emma, Warpath, Greycrow, Psylocke, Polaris, Abigail Brand, Daken, and Kid Omega.

Wolverine. Consistent characterization for a change, plus in a relationship with Jean… even if not exclusive. And he’s got this big event going right now with great artists drawing him. Winner.

The winners without a doubt so far are Storm and Emma these characters deserve the spotlight thats being shone on then right now, especially Emma when comparing what she was up to before the Krakoa era and now, she’s definitely in a much better position and it doesnt seem like its going to stop anytime soon.

As for the losers i have to say probably a lot of the old xvillains and the mutant student
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    The most? I'd throw in:

-Emma Frost. And it doesn't look like they want her slowing down anytime soon. She may have taken a hit to her power level telepathy wise, but she's more than making up for it in other ways.

-Bobby. This push (again) to explore his powers is something I'm really hoping they follow through with so I'm going to count that as a win.

----

Who benefited the least:

- Kid Omega. I understand that it was to build up a plot but jfc the amount of deaths this guy ate lmao! And then you have him annoying the Five with all his body edits.
    I agree on Emma and QQ.

Emma’s been very important in many books, as entertaining as ever, acting on her own, and has surpassed Xavier as queen of the Mutants. She’s operating at a whole new level than she has before. Everything is going through her.

QQ was declared an omega then was promptly given to a writer who demonstrates how worthless he is every issue he’s in.

And I think Moira is a winner in that she went from dead, irrelevant, and forgotten to interesting and integral.