Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default LEGO Dimensions 2 Content Announced!

So it looks like LEGO Dimensions is back with a new game to build on the original! At least nine new properties have been confirmed to appear - Sonic the Hedgehog, Adventure Time, Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, Mission Impossible, The Goonies (?!) and... ugh, the crappy Ghostbusters reboot.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/adven...nsions/0168053

Most of those sound really interesting though! Harry Potter was a logical addition but Sonic, Powerpuff Girls, Mission Impossible and Goonies are a nice surprise. Adventure Time fans should be pleased too, though I haven't seen that show yet. With the end of Disney Infinity too I hope this means that Marvel and Star Wars content is more likely to appear in the third wave, perhaps? But I can't wait to have my LEGO TARDIS and Doctor zip around the Green Hill Zone, Hogwarts and Townsville.

EDIT Also Gremlins as well?! Interesting choice...
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 06-08-2016 at 02:43 AM.

Misssion Impossible and Goonies just seem like strange choices, though I guess looking over it all it seems like these games are half made for kids and half made for people that were kids in the 80s.

Lego Ethan Hunt? Cool

I'll be getting any of the Goonies & Ghostbusters characters. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Misssion Impossible and Goonies just seem like strange choices, though I guess looking over it all it seems like these games are half made for kids and half made for people that were kids in the 80s.
    Since the last game included Wizard of OZ, Back to the Future, old Midway Arcade games, Doctor Who and Portal 2, I guess they're all over the place with interesting franchises. I do think if Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle are going to get new protaganists to join or replace any of them, they'll probably opt for Finn from Adventure Time, Sonic and either Harry or Hermione.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Lego Ethan Hunt? Cool
    And LEGO Simon Pegg! That'll be awesome. Curious to see if Tom Cruise is likely to voice Ethan Hunt or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    And LEGO Simon Pegg! That'll be awesome. Curious to see if Tom Cruise is likely to voice Ethan Hunt or not.
    Lego Brandt, Lego Hunt, Lego Benji. Keen as punch if they got them to voice. Renner and Pegg would be easier to get than Cruise but Cruise is a good sport when it comes to doing random stuff e.g. Tropic Thunder.

BANNED

Honestly, something tells me that Lego would have to pay a huge amount of money to get Marvel and Star Wars into Lego Dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Honestly, something tells me that Lego would have to pay a huge amount of money to get Marvel and Star Wars into Lego Dimensions.
    Well since Disney Infinity is now no more, I feel like their addition is more likely, though probably not in this wave. LEGO is doing numerous Disney LEGO and we have LEGO Force Awakens coming out as a game, after all.

There's been some nice teasers on the LEGO Dimensions Youtube homepage, one of the best things is confirmation of the return of Wyldstyle and Gandalf and in fact it looks like a lotof the properties from the first game are still involved as an appearance by the Wicked Witch, Slimer and Gollum in some of the teasers show.

Full list is appperently:

Ghostbusters
    Harry Potter
    Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
    Adventure Time
    Mission: Impossible
    The A-Team
    The Lego Batman Movie
    The Goonies
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Teen Titans Go!
    Lego City Undercover
    Knight Rider
    The Powerpuff Girls
    Gremlins
    Beetlejuice
    E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

Lego Mr. T, and Lego K.I.T.T!!!

IT'S HERE! OMG ET AND MR T ARE IN THIS GAME!

So hyped for this now, especially when all the older stuff is still valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Full list is appperently:

Ghostbusters
    Harry Potter
    Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
    Adventure Time
    Mission: Impossible
    The A-Team
    The Lego Batman Movie
    The Goonies
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Teen Titans Go!
    Lego City Undercover
    Knight Rider
    The Powerpuff Girls
    Gremlins
    Beetlejuice
    E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

Lego Mr. T, and Lego K.I.T.T!!!
    Surprised there's no LEGO Neku Knights since that's their newest IP, but wow those are all awesome. Definitely excited for the Harry Potter, Mission Impossible, A-Team, LEGO Batman, Sonic, Teen Titans, Knight Rider, Powerpuff Girls and ET stuff most.

Interesting new details about the second year of LEGO Dimensions...

The second year of content will come over four waves, labelled Waves 6 to 9.

Apparently all the new additions have gold undersides because having one unlocks the Battle Arena, which is a new competitive area within the game for up to 4 players. Battle Arenas are like Hub Worlds in the sense that there are multiple ones for each of the new IP's included.

There is also a new type of pack coming called the Story Pack! This will apparently include MULTIPLE levels for a new franchise, together with a NEW THEME for the Portal you can build on top of it to make it more unique! The sets will also include a new character and Vehicle, much like the Level Packs. Only one confirmed thus far which is for the new Ghostbusters film with Abby and the 2016 Ecto-1 Vehicle, coupled with a Chinese Restaurant design for the Portal.

Level Packs, Team Pack and Fun Packs are also back and work as before - Level Packs have a new level, character and two vehicles/gadgets, team pack 2 characters with a vehicle/gadget each and fun packs 1 character with a vehicle or gadget. Having one for an IP unlocks its Battle Arena and Hub World. Mission Impossible and Adventure Time will have Level Packs early on, whilst Harry Potter has a Team Pack with Harry and Voldemort!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...re-time-a-team

I like that there will be four-player arena modes. I just wish the story mode was four-players instead of only two.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Well, good on them. Not a fan, Disney Infinity burned me out.

I miss it.