Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There's one character I wanted to create an appreciation thread for, but it would flop and I'm not even THAT invested on her...
    Just out of curiosity, who is she?

As for the thread, IMO, every character, even ones I don't appreciate like Maria Hill or Cyclops. Deserves one as they all have their fans, but that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Just out of curiosity, who is she?

As for the thread, IMO, every character, even ones I don't appreciate like Maria Hill or Cyclops. Deserves one as they all have their fans, but that's just me
    Quake/Daisy Johnson. With the new Secret Warriors book it may be a good moment, but she doesn't have many fans here. Yeah, I agree that everyone deserves one...Well, Maria Hill may be a little too far though.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I encourage you to create one if you want to!

I've made two threads for two fairly obscure characters. Do they have 20,000 posts like some threads? Not even close. But they have been places for people to share their love for each character, involving some interesting discussion as well.
    Thanks. I'm not sure there would be too many people to share their love though, haven't seen more than two fans of her here. But I guess I'll make it anyway eventually.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quake/Daisy Johnson. With the new Secret Warriors book it may be a good moment, but she doesn't have many fans here. Yeah, I agree that everyone deserves one...Well, Maria Hill may be a little too far though.
    Ah, yes Quake. For some reason I assumed she already had one but I guess not. As for Maria Hill, well, I certainly don't like the character but I was just trying to be nice to her fans LOL (Since I assume she has at least one).

I started one for Quake. :P
    I surrender to the Contest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    There's no such thing as 'not deserving'. Every character is someone's favorite. Let them gush as they see fit.
    Hear, hear!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Except Vision.
    ....annnd done!

I was actually going to credit you in the opening post, but I rather want it to be an actual Vision discussion and not a joke thread.

People who don't love Vision frighten me. I mean...what's not to love? There is no such thing as a 'bad' Vision story. I'd dare anyone to point one out. He hits so many emotional notes, superhero themes, and even makes the best 'straight man' for comic relief.

Vision's freaking awesome!
    IMO Vision is awesome in the marvel comics AND the marvel cinematic universe!

BANNED

Quake? The character that appears in Marvel's AOS? That character has an appreciation thread? Somewhat cool I guess

There's no such thing as 'not deserving'. Every character is someone's favorite. Let them gush as they see fit.
    this. every character is someone's favorite, no need to stomp on their fun.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Ah, yes Quake. For some reason I assumed she already had one but I guess not. As for Maria Hill, well, I certainly don't like the character but I was just trying to be nice to her fans LOL (Since I assume she has at least one).
    I like her as an antagonist, i find her interesting. I mean I don't agree with her or her actions, but you know. the books need antagonists and I think she's fine in that role. wouldn't really consider myself a huge fan, just saying, I don't hate her.

Thanks. I'm not sure there would be too many people to share their love though, haven't seen more than two fans of her here. But I guess I'll make it anyway eventually.
    All you really need is one other person to keep discussion going, really. If you look in some of the threads, that's all it is for some of them, 2 or 3 people having a conversation, more or less.
    Last edited by Raye; 10-12-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Johnny Storm is the only FF member not to have one.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Probably due to the charcter being heterosexual.
    Imagine this being course corrected so it can lead to a steaming love affair between them marvel characters Torch and Ice Man!

I wish that the naming of all the appreciation threads were all the same format. Example: CHARACTER NAME - "Witty Catchphrase/Adjective" - Appreciation
    Nothing bothers me more than having the characters name at the end of the thread title. Or like the two Thor appreciation threads. Thor/Jane Foster should be in the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Probably due to the charcter being heterosexual.
    Imagine this being course corrected so it can lead to a steaming love affair between them marvel characters Torch and Ice Man!
    Lmao

I suppose it's because he's the FF member with the least amount of growth. If a writer makes him grow and mature, he just resets by the next writer. So there might not be much to discuss?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Amazing Member

The Super Soldier Serum is not deserving.

That's like Lance Armstrong saying he used the "Super Cyclist Serum".

Captain America and Nick Fury are doping. Doesn't bother me but call it what it is. A drug.

I love Marvel's cosmic entities: The Living Tribunal, Eternity, Infinity, Master Order, Lord Chaos, Oblivion, Death, In-Betweener, Phoenix Force, Galactus, Celestials, etc.

I am too lazy to search but I don't think they have appreciation threads.