Page 1048 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 485489489981038104410451046104710481049105010511052105810981148 ... LastLast
Results 15,706 to 15,720 of 20744
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    Look here:

The Black Widow Strikes Omnibus
    https://youtu.be/oVSYpeWGkwE?t=639

Amazing Spider-Man by J. Michael Straczynski Omnibus Vol. 2
    https://youtu.be/B-dilAzXkMQ?t=798

Wolverine Omnibus
    https://youtu.be/uGv9aLW9crk?t=614
    Thx for the links. Yes, slightly conflicting. However, it doesn't change the fact that although Omar does mention the tight binding, he seems to be totally fine with the square/tight binding even justifying it by using his many years of reading Omnibuses and it's something that one can come across. We'll, for me it is definitely a massive step back for Marvel and similar to the general DC tight standard

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Confusing. The video linked by Xanar clearly shows an eye but the picture linked by the cheat is showing a glued binding with no eye. I believe Near Mint mentioned in one of his videos that the copies available later this year will be done by a different printer. I hope his video was using an advance copy of the ones that will be available a few months from now. So I’m thinking that the copies available on Amazon right now are the square books with no eye and that the ones available in August/September will have the eye. Someone correct me if I’m mistaken.
    Yeah, I'm kind of hoping the same if at all possible. I've pre-ordered the Quesada Variant and I'm "patiently" waiting for an improved "eye" copy.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Just getting on here to confirm the misprint in Vol. 1 of Bendis Daredevil omni. (Probably not necessary) And by the way - man do these stink! Literally. I mean volumes 1 and 2 have a nasty smell taking them out of the plastic that I'm not used to with omnis.

Amazing Member

Here is better photo:

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Confusing. The video linked by Xanar clearly shows an eye but the picture linked by the cheat is showing a glued binding with no eye. I believe Near Mint mentioned in one of his videos that the copies available later this year will be done by a different printer. I hope his video was using an advance copy of the ones that will be available a few months from now. So I’m thinking that the copies available on Amazon right now are the square books with no eye and that the ones available in August/September will have the eye. Someone correct me if I’m mistaken.
    It's not glued. There are signatures, therefore it is sewn binding. That line of glue that is seen does not make the binding glued.

Amazing Member

Of course it is not glue, they will make 50% books with sewn binding and 50% glued or what ? That guy that posted one photo and wrote "Here's a picture as proof" no it is not the proof, not for one picture like this, it is manipulation.

Whether it's glued or sewn is semantics. The important fact is it doesn't open correctly and is an incredibly poor effort for a so called "premium" product.

Amazing Member

Like DC prenium product It is premium only because of it is price. For example Image or Black Horse have more reasonable prices (50 $ cover price) for their big hardcovers.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Whether it's glued or sewn is semantics. The important fact is it doesn't open correctly and is an incredibly poor effort for a so called "premium" product.
    I do hope they get their act together regarding the tight binding. A few years ago, the disappearance of faux leather covers and the switch to thinner paper was quite a blow for many of us. In time, we learnt to live with it but the tight binding will test our nerves no end with regards to reading satisfaction. Quite a few of our fellow collectors over on the Masterworks Forum are sticking with their smaller trades as opposed to picking up the new tighter Omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I do hope they get their act together regarding the tight binding. A few years ago, the disappearance of faux leather covers and the switch to thinner paper was quite a blow for many of us. In time, we learnt to live with it but the tight binding will test our nerves no end with regards to reading satisfaction. Quite a few of our fellow collectors over on the Masterworks Forum are sticking with their smaller trades as opposed to picking up the new tighter Omnibuses.
    Can't we, as a whole, tell Omar and he can pass on to Marvel as a serious concern /complaint? There's got to be a way to tell Marvel to quit cheapening up their omnibus books.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Can't we, as a whole, tell Omar and he can pass on to Marvel as a serious concern /complaint? There's got to be a way to tell Marvel to quit cheapening up their omnibus books.
    You say this like Marvel isn't aware they're doing it. They're a business intent on maximizing profit. They have been steadily decreasing quality and raising prices and the bottom line is that people keep buying the books. I would think that unless there is a serious decrease in sales, that trend is not likely to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    You say this like Marvel isn't aware they're doing it. They're a business intent on maximizing profit. They have been steadily decreasing quality and raising prices and the bottom line is that people keep buying the books. I would think that unless there is a serious decrease in sales, that trend is not likely to change.
    Ok. Nevermind guys. Let's just cross our fingers and hope it gets better. Hopefully that works.

My prediction is the current course China is set on will likely mean Marvel has to find printers elsewhere. There will at least be that change forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    My prediction is the current course China is set on will likely mean Marvel has to find printers elsewhere. There will at least be that change forthcoming.
    Unfortunately, the two worst offenders, Quad and Leo, I believe are both North American based.

Amazing Member

Leo Papers is China.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Ok. Nevermind guys. Let's just cross our fingers and hope it gets better. Hopefully that works.
    Let me make my point easier for you, since you clearly missed it: rather than continue to buy shoddy books and have a single YouTuber tell Marvel “hey, fans don’t like cheap quality books, but not so much that they quit buying them”, I think Marvel would more likely listen if their bottom line was affected, which requires fans to stop buying poor product, not just complaining while handing over their money.

If a book is crap, send it back and explain why, for example. Post videos warning people off while showing off a badly made book. Or get Omar himself to show that in a video. Anything that will affect sales. Otherwise, what incentive do they have to change? If you use words AND action you are more likely to see a result.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 05-31-2020 at 03:26 PM.