Page 14 of 434 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

certainly a lack of diversity so far. not the best start for promotions but i'll give it a chance.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Magneto is one character where I don't mind pouches. Never hurts to have some extra metal on hand, just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He kept nails in his pouches in either Bendis or Bunn's run.
    That makes sense I suppose. Especially if he's Magneto of the past- which presumably would mean he's not at full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Could it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That looks like Omega Sentinel
    She looks a little pale, but it could very well be. I'd be all for it, as Karima was a great character and I'm not at all opposed to her return.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Attachment 80987

Hickman's recent Tweet
    Nice. Man's got taste. I'm all for him writing all of those characters. He could do them all a lot of good after the messiness of some of their past stories. Over in Uncanny Rosenberg seems to be sticking with his white male X-Men as the leads, despite having access to the New Mutant ladies, so this is refreshing to see

BANNED

Morrison was so fucking terrible in everything he does, hope Hickman's run isn't like it

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    MISTER SINISTER IS NOT A MUTANT.

Children. Please. Watch me work.

Well, so he confirmed Sinister in the story.
    Factoring in how much Hickman likes to pull legs...

I'd say the part in bold might be entirely intentional, and the final part is not a gimme.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Morrison was so fucking terrible in everything he does, hope Hickman's run isn't like it
    ? Isn't that one of Marvel's most celebrated X-Men stories. I mean they're constantly referencing it and using characters from Morrisons era.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    certainly a lack of diversity so far. not the best start for promotions but i'll give it a chance.
    We figured that the cast wouldn't be very diverse when Hickman was announced. I love Hickman and I'm excited to see where he goes, especially given how Cyclops was treated in Secret Wars, but diversity isn't on the table here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    ? Isn't that one of Marvel's most celebrated X-Men stories. I mean they're constantly referencing it and using characters from Morrisons era.
    It is a good story and his characters are some of the best and most used of the modern era, but Morrison also committed a major comic book sin: he didn't put the toys back when he was done playing with them. A lot of the hate for him doesn't come from him directly, but from the very real fact that a bunch of ridiculous stuff had to be retconned and created to fit his run into the larger X-Men and Marvel narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    That makes sense I suppose. Especially if he's Magneto of the past- which presumably would mean he's not at full strength.

She looks a little pale, but it could very well be. I'd be all for it, as Karima was a great character and I'm not at all opposed to her return.

Nice. Man's got taste. I'm all for him writing all of those characters. He could do them all a lot of good after the messiness of some of their past stories. Over in Uncanny Rosenberg seems to be sticking with his white male X-Men as the leads, despite having access to the New Mutant ladies, so this is refreshing to see
    I mean these minis are definitely going to be mostly about white male leads so it won't be any different really.

We already have confirmation that Charles is running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    We figured that the cast wouldn't be very diverse when Hickman was announced. I love Hickman and I'm excited to see where he goes, especially given how Cyclops was treated in Secret Wars, but diversity isn't on the table here.
    Well at least 2 of his faves are POC. Let's see if he will do something with them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's Marvel's most overrated story ever and needs to be forgotten

Hickman mentioned Emma as "White Queen", and JDW said they've been planning Hickman's stuff since X-Men Black. I wonder if it was his idea to put Emma back in the Hellfire Club?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Hickman mentioned Emma as "White Queen", and JDW said they've been planning Hickman's stuff since X-Men Black. I wonder if it was his idea to put Emma back in the Hellfire Club?
    I noted this, it is weird that he said white queen instead of saying Emma Frost

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    I don't think so. She doesn't have Cassandra's features(eyebrows/larger than average head) and more than that, the costume and markings on her face are those of Karima Shapandar/Omega Sentinel.
    Yes she does look like Karima, great.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 404ArgeTal View Post
    Still leagues above Bishop who was alive but never a big player on anything outside traumatizing a little girl for life.

Jean and Bishop aren't on the same level of relevance for the X-men at all.

Jean being alive or dead changes the books, she is one of the greatest and most influential members. Bishop is a very minor character. There is no comparission at all.
    that's why they are sticking this leech to her. To try to make him happen. Meanwhile jean could be single or **** someone else and her story stays relevant. she doesn't need him, he needs her, like a parasite.
    Bishop was instrumental in helping the X-men fix reality in AOA. He saved the X-men by absorbing a TP blast Onslaught was going to use to kill the X-men with. Held his own District X series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I mean these minis are definitely going to be mostly about white male leads so it won't be any different really.

We already have confirmation that Charles is running the show.
    I'm hoping that Emma, Monet & Roberto will be involved given they're favs of his. Nothing to indicate that just yet but I'm an optimist