Page 635 of 744 FirstFirst ... 135535585625631632633634635636637638639645685735 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,525 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    My good man, brotha Ezyo1000, are you sure you've what I've written in this thread properly? This post would seem to suggest otherwise.

*glean

VERB[WITH OBJECT]

1Obtain (information) from various sources, often with difficulty.

‘the information is gleaned from press cuttings’*

I never put words in anyone's mouth. As I said, you, Cville and the other good brotha, Mr. Majestik ALL assumed I was throwing shots or taking digs at T'Challa, the imperfect man. I noticed that the three of you ALL neglected to acknowledge the FACT that I also labeled him an impeccable KING.

Rather then vent my frustrations on three black men that (imo) went out of their way misinterpret my words and imply an ulterior motive I decided to address a topic that was sure to answer Cville's ridiculous question without coming off hostile at the insipid nature of your collective understanding of my point at hand.

Subsequently I replied with a post that referenced Candace Owens. I did that and I said previously that I did for a specific reason. Because you all assumed that I was taking digs at T'Challa to uplift the women around him, i then turned that notion it its head by highlighting a woman that comes off indefensible. Only in that instance, i elevated a black man that speaks on what he knows with passion, emotion, respect and love for his fellow black people. I did that. I did exactly that.

Only then did TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT POSTERS label Candace a troll. It's common knowledge that she does what she does to get a reaction. That goes without saying. But the justification for "saving her from big, bad T.I" when she's one of the "biggest trolls" was an actual response. Not only does that completely miss the point of what I was saying, it actually goes a VERY long way of illustrating exactly the issue behind my mentioning her name along with black love. I DO NOT HIVE A RAT'S ASS THAT CANDACE OWENS IS A TROLL. IF ANY BLACK MAN HAS A PROBLEM TREATING THIS DARKSKINNED BLACK WOMAN WITH RESPECT, DESPITE THE ISSUES THEY PERSONALLY HAVE WITH HER BRAND OF POLITICS, THAT MAN DOES NOT LOVE NOR RESPECT ALL BLACK WOMEN.

You all are free to ask your questions to get a better understanding of where I'm coming from personally. I wouldn't expect any less. I welcome it. But I'm free it interpret your line of questioning and deduce its logical outcome. None of it was lost on me. Please do not insult my intelligence and I'll return the favor in kind. Everyone is free to their own interpretation of my words. That's fine. I cannot tell you how to interpret me. I mean, I could, but that would be wholly ridiculous. All I can do is better explain my meaning.

I put forth a scenario and the response I got was not unexpected. Similar to my question about BDE a few weeks ago, I knew what the most likely response was going to be and the thread did not disappoint. Along with T.I's problematic interaction with a black woman that he has no romantic interest in and therefore has no immediate reason to offer up his niceties, I also mentioned the possessive way in which he recently claimed ownership of his daughter's virginity. That instance is directly comparable to Jason Aaron's scene of Ororo and T'Challa in WatX. I asked a series of questions in reference to him and that scene even earlier and again, the response I got was WHOLLY EXPECTED. I could definitely keep going, but i don't want to get too deep on the misconceptions around black love and why most black males don't have a problem with that part of Aaron's resume. But I digress... suffice it all to say that there's absolutely NO NEED for to put words in anyone's mouth. I ask questions and I allow people to express their inner biases. It's not about shaming or venting my frustrations, it about coming to a better understanding of the men (and women) that I seek to build a connection with.
    Dude on a really serious note, this is the Black Panther Appreciation Thread and not some forum for you to attempt yousplaining to long time contributors to this thread who engage here ostensibly to discuss, debate and wherever possible, celebrate, appreciate and debate all things positively BP mythos affiliated.

Ezyo was 100% correct in his observations as regards your penchant for introducing talking points to this thread that have absolutely nothing to do with the core aim of this thread which despite numerous attempts at derailment, remains the sole forum wherein core BP enthusiasts engage in meaningful discourse.

You pick and choose aspects of posts most of us make in here and then present your misinterpretation of what posters are actually saying, before remixing and subsequently weaponising said posts for disingenuous deployment that pushes the wholly false narrative of a gender bias that has never been part of the BP mythos let alone, the general level if discussion in any incarnation of BP Appreciation Threads dating back to the very first thread created pre-CBR's reboot.

I come here to kick it with my peers in this thread about BP related matters in general and the BP mythos in particular and really have no interest in talking about matters that remain wholly irrelevant to either one of those talking points but I do understand why introducing topics of discussion that focus on anything but core BP appreciation, would be attractive to some Coates BP devotees especially as Coates himself, has singlehandedly done more than any other writer, to repurpose the BP mythos to fit his own "woke" agenda that remains anything but.

I speak very plainly both on and offline with zero ambiguity embodied within my statements so it's unwise to ascribe any other meaning to what I'm saying other than what I've clearly stated herein.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'd also add that when it was first introduced, it was treated as a tradition that Wakanda had moved past, that T'Challa had revived only to satisfy hardliners.
    Thank you.

Most BP enthusiasts already know and understand this.

Coates not being genuinely interested in the VP mythos, obviously doesn't which is why his take on BO reads the way it does.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    All the context you need.

It says an old tribal custom but doesn't exactly tell the reader how old. All that scene really did was explain that it had fallen out of practice and that T'Challa revived it for political purposes. In an ideal world that would be sufficient to stop writers like Coates from turning it into an attack against the mythos but I think something more definitive is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    All the context you need.

That first image derails Coates' idea that Tchalla couldn't resist taking advantage of them. By custom he'd have to marry them. So too would any previous BP. Lol.

I'd also add that when it was first introduced, it was treated as a tradition that Wakanda had moved past, that T'Challa had revived only to satisfy hardliners.
    That may have been retconned though, given how many Doras of various ages we ended up having. It's weird that have literally had an army (some being elderly) when it's something T'Challa brought back recently.

But we don't really know for sure.
    Last edited by XPac; 11-09-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t think we’ve even seen a Black Panther with a Dora as a wife. But people don’t care about what’s actually (not) in the comics and use them as a smear against the mythos.

There needs to be an explicit statement from someone in the comics that the Dora haven’t been used as potential wives for millennia so the whole thing can be put to rest.
    THe problem wasn't just whether or not any BP used them as wives, but the simple issue that they theoretically could if they felt like it. In World Apart, after Storm and BPs fight it was mentioned that the Doras might be needed as wives in training again for the king. I think that's part of the reason the Doras had to break off entirely... that puts it all to rest entirely

T'Challa made that clear to the Dora (and readers) yes, but did he say anything about past Panthers?
    The Doras may not have been around for a millennia. They could have been as recent as T'Chaka who married an outsider.

No mention of a Panther King ever becoming involved with a Dora.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That first image derails Coates' idea that Tchalla couldn't resist taking advantage of them. By custom he'd have to marry them. So too would any previous BP. Lol.
    We can list a ton of past canon that derails Coates entire Panther run.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It says an old tribal custom but doesn't exactly tell the reader how old. All that scene really did was explain that it had fallen out of practice and that T'Challa revived it for political purposes. In an ideal world that would be sufficient to stop writers like Coates from turning it into an attack against the mythos but I think something more definitive is needed.
    Well, when the story was written, T'Chaka was still the Panther in WW2, so it had to have been at LEAST older than him, which means 1930's or older.

And frankly, when folks talk about "old customs" it's usually not something invented last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The Doras may not have been around for a millennia. They could have been as recent as T'Chaka who married an outsider.

No mention of a Panther King ever becoming involved with a Dora.
    In real-world debates, it's up to the person making a point to prove it. As the old saying goes "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof".

Yes, it's entirely possible that, in the 19th century and earlier, most Panther Kings married Dora Milaje. It's equally possible that they regularly wore lederhosen and called themselves Gustav. Since there's quite literally only a handful of stories describing Wakandan history in general, it's all merely supposition, and reveals more about the person making the claim than Panther himself.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    THe problem wasn't just whether or not any BP used them as wives, but the simple issue that they theoretically could if they felt like it. In World Apart, after Storm and BPs fight it was mentioned that the Doras might be needed as wives in training again for the king. I think that's part of the reason the Doras had to break off entirely... that puts it all to rest entirely
    First off that was an x writer, who threw alot of shade on the mythos. Second in Hudlins run he already explained to his mom why he wouldn't
    And it makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    First off that was an x writer, who threw alot of shade on the mythos. Second in Hudlins run he already explained to his mom why he wouldn't
    And it makes sense
    Same writer who created Gentle I believe. The patterns are real. Lol.

And it makes sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Same writer who created Gentle I believe. The patterns are real. Lol.
    And they wonder why we come hard at X-writers anytime they mention Wakanda. All they do is throw shade and it didn't take them long right after the relaunch.

And it makes sense
    The issue really isn't whether or not Tchalla would or wouldn't... obviously marvel won't go there. But the fact that the system is in place at all I think can be seen as objectionable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    T'Challa said it himself in the very first issue of Priests' run
    As anyone who actually read that book would actually have known.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

This looks interesting.