Page 41 of 125 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Some recent comics panels...

Kal and Diana's romance is referenced in today's Wonder Woman #754 (2nd panel):

From Superman: Heroes #1, Diana on Superman revealing his secret ID to the world:

Lastly, a brief exchange in Superman #21 (Diana is back calling him Kal under Bendis lately):

Heh, as small as it may be, Diana calling Superman Kal again is one decent thing Bendis has done. Not enough to mitigate the crap, but what can you do?

SM/WW being back in canon only makes sense if they really want a "it all happened approach". It was a pretty big watershed moment for both classic characters, and what is the point of all-inclusiveness if you're not going to include all the major stuff.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Heh, as small as it may be, Diana calling Superman Kal again is one decent thing Bendis has done. Not enough to mitigate the crap, but what can you do?
    Bendis had her calling him Clark in public at the beginning but he changed it quickly (probably after it was pointed out). Good.

SM/WW being back in canon only makes sense if they really want a "it all happened approach". It was a pretty big watershed moment for both classic characters, and what is the point of all-inclusiveness if you're not going to include all the major stuff.
    After all the decades of SM/WW being ship-teased, their relationship deserves to be part of each others' history/canon.

SuperWonder Cosplay

“The strong woman don’t have attitudes, they have standards.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-DpUJqnsvm/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

From Superman: Heroes #1, Diana on Superman revealing his secret ID to the world:

Lastly, a brief exchange in Superman #21 (Diana is back calling him Kal under Bendis lately):

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Ok ok... we have briefly moments of DC coming out of their current ostrich position, with their heads stuck in a hole, organic or not, and remembering WW's relationship with SM ... great but still unsatisfactory. May they deposit this crumb in that same hole and give us Earth 52 that is rightfully ours! Sooner or later Bendis has to realize that moving Diana away from Kal is more hard work than accepting their deep and natural friendship. Diana and not Bruce is Kal's best friend!

Hello my friends, sorry I have no been around but real life has been busy. I hope everyone is well and being safe at this critical time for all of us around the world.

So can someone explain to me why Rebirth Wonder Woman is recalling new 52 SM and WW????? They are not the same versions. Why is she speaking as if this memory is hers???? Is this another messy mish mash they tried to do until they said never happened as they tried in the early days of Rebirth? Because I recalled this same Wonder Woman insult the dead Superman, then DC say it never happened ...she was insane or some such. And as for Bendis, he hasn't allowed the two characters to remotely look at each other directly in the eye nor speak meaningfully to each other. Now that she is speaking his name, can he do that? Can they actually exchange some heart felt conversation??? Like what we used to get from post crisis to the end of the new 52? Diana having conversation with Batman, or rather listening to Batman drone on about himself is not it. Would appreciate someone try to recollect sm and ww used to be very close.

All I want is the new 52 Earth to be separate from these versions and let us have another book to explore Azz's and Morrison's WW and SM with their JL and I want a writer that can appreciate the differences in these versions that do make them interesting and more potential for fresh story telling. But the state of comics with this current crisis...I guess it won't be for a while with most things anyway. Can Soule or Pak come back? Or can even Buccellato or Azz take the new 52 Earth?
    Last edited by hellacre; 03-25-2020 at 11:52 AM.

SuperWonder Prewedding Photoshoot

“Congratulations to the most Super couple this year! Cheers!🎊”

“Heroes love it too! 💙❤️ @ beatriz.almeida.24
    @ albertoluis.math”

Last edited by LoveStar; 03-25-2020 at 11:52 AM.

“Wonder is being able to love. 〽️”

https://instagram.com/acacio.dias.fo...=11rk3s838514k

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Hello my friends, sorry I have no been around but real life has been busy. I hope everyone is well and being safe at this critical time for all of us around the world.

So can someone explain to me why Rebirth Wonder Woman is recalling new 52 SM and WW????? They are not the same versions. Why is she speaking as if this memory is hers???? Is this another messy mish mash they tried to do until they said never happened as they tried in the early days of Rebirth? Because I recalled this same Wonder Woman insult the dead Superman, then DC say it never happened ...she was insane or some such. And as for Bendis, he hasn't allowed the two characters to remotely look at each other nor speak meaningfully to each other. Now that she is speaking his name, can he do that? Can they actually exchange some heart felt conversation??? Like what we used to get from post crisis to the end of the new 52? Would appreciate it
    Because nobody read or cared about that crap! Anyone who wants to write a good WW story needs to ignore Rebirth completely!

All I want is the new 52 Earth to be separate from these versions and let us have another book to explore Azz's and Morrison's WW and SM with their JL and I want a writer that can appreciate the differences in these versions that do make them interesting and more potential for fresh story telling. But the state of comics with this current crisis...I guess it won't be for a while with most things anyway. Can Soule or Pak come back? Or can even Buccellato or Azz take the new 52 Earth?
    It has already been stipulated that New 52 Earth is out there so there is no longer any reason to deny us the return of this universe! Unless, of course, the fear that it will be more successful than today's Earth ...

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Ok ok... we have briefly moments of DC coming out of their current ostrich position, with their heads stuck in a hole, organic or not, and remembering WW's relationship with SM ... great but still unsatisfactory. May they deposit this crumb in that same hole and give us Earth 52 that is rightfully ours! Sooner or later Bendis has to realize that moving Diana away from Kal is more hard work than accepting their deep and natural friendship. Diana and not Bruce is Kal's best friend!
    The last part is more something Rucka has yet to realize.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

So can someone explain to me why Rebirth Wonder Woman is recalling new 52 SM and WW????? They are not the same versions. Why is she speaking as if this memory is hers???? Is this another messy mish mash they tried to do until they said never happened as they tried in the early days of Rebirth? Because I recalled this same Wonder Woman insult the dead Superman, then DC say it never happened ...she was insane or some such. And as for Bendis, he hasn't allowed the two characters to remotely look at each other directly in the eye nor speak meaningfully to each other. Now that she is speaking his name, can he do that? Can they actually exchange some heart felt conversation??? Like what we used to get from post crisis to the end of the new 52? Diana having conversation with Batman is not it. Would appreciate someone try to recollect sm and ww used to be very close.
    This isn't anymore Rebirth WW or New52. Doomsday Clook #12 rebooted the DCU. During the year, it'll be revealed one piece at the time the new continuity. The overall idea is too embrace all 80 years of characters history ("Everything happened"). That will be no more Post-Crisis, New52 or Rebirth.

We can have this too along with acknowledging their romance in the main canon.

It has already been stipulated that New 52 Earth is out there so there is no longer any reason to deny us the return of this universe! Unless, of course, the fear that it will be more successful than today's Earth ...
    All I can say is... with this global crisis people watching every dollar, and I will only buy a book that has a clear premise and direction. I want a story that unfolds organically and I want to see characters grow. I thought I was getting that with new 52 but apparently not. I cannot abide with one minute what you read was a lie, then what you read only some happened but the stuff you cared about never did . I am very clear on what and where I am going to spend my money. Give me a new 52 earth with SMWW couple. Or a Black Label book. And give us more DK SMWW fam and kids.

Showing love for some SuperWonder amateurish Art

“#Dcfanart #supermanandwonderwoman”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-AFuobHFwU/

“Creation to pass the time. Reproduction of our felt super heroes on paper. @myleneschimmer”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-H8TgdILuz/

“#supermanandwonderwoman”

https://www.instagram.com/p/B97CI9Dhiv2/

The last part is more something Rucka has yet to realize.
    Or just to be remembered since he was fully aware of this fact in a not-so-distant past ...

This isn't anymore Rebirth WW or New52. Doomsday Clook #12 rebooted the DCU. During the year, it'll be revealed one piece at the time the new continuity. The overall idea is too embrace all 80 years of characters history ("Everything happened"). That will be no more Post-Crisis, New52 or Rebirth.

This will not work... the original plans have already been discarded ... no one else knows what will happen to DC ... at the moment they are as lost as we are.

Well I am hoping. I need a new 52 earth bk. This current WW is just clearly mandated to try to synergize with the movie. The WW origins I will always prefer have been Perez or Azzarello's .

Or just to be remembered since he was fully aware of this fact in a not-so-distant past ...

This will not work... the original plans have already been discarded ... no one else knows what will happen to DC ... at the moment they are as lost as we are.
    The days when Clark use to actually be in physical proximity to her and give her eye contact. Good times.

I just find all this mish mash stuff just makes everything messy. Like there is no clear direction and too many shifting of plots and events that just takes the emotion out of stories. I did read in BC too that things are changing.