Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Alex Lowengard-1

Default Why Kitty Pryde can't go through gates

I have a theory on why Kitty Pryde (Kate Pryde) can not go through the gates to Krakoa. Her DNA has been altered by Dr Doom when he restored her after being attacked by the Marauders. He did that so that she could not affect his electronics and Doombots. Because of this change it probably would be logical that she would not be able to be resurrected by the Five. To resolve this the X-Men would probably have to find an old DNA sample probably at the mansion or from her mother before her attack from Harpoon.

hm could be, Kitty couldn't go thru the gate before her run-in with Doom though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    hm could be, Kitty couldn't go thru the gate before her run-in with Doom though
    Her run-in with Doom in 1986.

lmao my dumb ass misunderstood which marauders....thanks
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 04-29-2020 at 10:03 PM.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

It’s because she’s NEO
    C8ADE977-7261-4D91-A8A8-9CCFC01204AA.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Because she’s dead.

My theory is that Krakoa doesn't want Kitty to enter the tower Nightcrawler entered, for whatever reason, that's why it blocks Kitty's powers.

This will have something to do with the tarot that could be seen with The Tower, Cardinal and Rasputin in Powers of X # 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    My theory is that Krakoa doesn't want Kitty to enter the tower Nightcrawler entered, for whatever reason, that's why it blocks Kitty's powers.

This will have something to do with the tarot that could be seen with The Tower, Cardinal and Rasputin in Powers of X # 1.
    What’s to stop Exodus, Magik, etc from going inside the tower?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post

I agree, and perhaps a connection with the tower and the other mutants Rasputin was made from.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I don't think Kitty being unable to use the gates has anything to do with her biology or the possibility of her not being a mutant. We've seen that non-mutants who try to use a gate simply pass through without being transported. Kitty was physically blocked from using the gate, which suggests to me that if she were allowed to enter one it would work as intended. This suggests that she is being specifically targeted by someone or something. Moira and Krakoa would be the most obvious candidates, but then why would they specifically block Kitty? The assumption so far has been because of her powers, but that doesn't really make sense. As pointed out above, there are other teleporters who could enter any space Kitty could access, as well as other phasing mutants, Shinobi and Cipher (presumably) and they have not been banned. Kitty has also been allowed on the island by accessing it through physical travel, if this were Krakoa keeping her out why would it let her on its shores? The thing with the Tower, also, is that although it is intended for Nightcrawler, the implication is that at some point he will open it up to the other mutants of Krakoa when he has formed the mutant church, so there is no real reason to permanently prevent Kitty from entering. So I think Kitty is being prevented by using the gates (and so far from being resurrected) by someone with specific reasons to target her that do not have to do with her powers, possibly for personal enmity or a grudge, and this someone would have to have either high level access to the gates and resurrection protocols or the ability to affect them undetected. The problem is I have no idea who that could be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Best theory I've seen is that she's a Sinister plant. Also helps explain some of her more random behavior. But I would think Lockheed would have been able to sniff out if she was a clone or body double.
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    What’s to stop Exodus, Magik, etc from going inside the tower?
    Nightcrawler says the tower inside seems especially designed to fulfill his dreams. That is, the implication is that each person sees the tower inside differently.

Perhaps what Kitty sees is something different from what Magik or Exodus see. Perhaps there is something in Kitty that Krakoa rejects.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I don't think Kitty being unable to use the gates has anything to do with her biology or the possibility of her not being a mutant. We've seen that non-mutants who try to use a gate simply pass through without being transported. Kitty was physically blocked from using the gate, which suggests to me that if she were allowed to enter one it would work as intended. This suggests that she is being specifically targeted by someone or something. Moira and Krakoa would be the most obvious candidates, but then why would they specifically block Kitty? The assumption so far has been because of her powers, but that doesn't really make sense. As pointed out above, there are other teleporters who could enter any space Kitty could access, as well as other phasing mutants, Shinobi and Cipher (presumably) and they have not been banned. Kitty has also been allowed on the island by accessing it through physical travel, if this were Krakoa keeping her out why would it let her on its shores? The thing with the Tower, also, is that although it is intended for Nightcrawler, the implication is that at some point he will open it up to the other mutants of Krakoa when he has formed the mutant church, so there is no real reason to permanently prevent Kitty from entering. So I think Kitty is being prevented by using the gates (and so far from being resurrected) by someone with specific reasons to target her that do not have to do with her powers, possibly for personal enmity or a grudge, and this someone would have to have either high level access to the gates and resurrection protocols or the ability to affect them undetected. The problem is I have no idea who that could be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    In agreement with most of of this, Kitty wasn’t barred from Krakoa but from using the gates, big difference.

Regarding the bolded, fandom is only assuming that the tower will be the cathedral of the mutant religion, mostly because it looks cathedral like, we don’t actually know that, Hickman could do something else left field with it.

Extraordinary Member

It’s because Krakoa knows she’d be a prude with all the orgies and polyamory.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    In agreement with most of of this, Kitty wasn’t barred from Krakoa but from using the gates, big difference.

Regarding the bolded, fandom is only assuming that the tower will be the cathedral of the mutant religion, mostly because it looks cathedral like, we don’t actually know that, Hickman could do something else left field with it.
    Not only she can not use the gates, she cannot be resurrected in Krakoa, and she cannot overpass Krakoa's roots either.