Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Art is giving me Jorge Jiminez vibes.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Aquaman: Deep Dives #4
    Story 1 - Aqualad fights off a surprise attack from the Electrocutioner!
    Story 2 - Black Manta recruits Aqualad to assist him on a very personal mission.
    “Worth” and “A Father’s Favor” by Dave Wielgosz, José Luis, Adriano Di Benedetto, Rex Lukus and Wes Abbott

Preview pages

Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 05-11-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Woah, this was really cool! (I'm assuming images are in reverse order, so read from the bottom up, right?)

More than solid, and it picks up a story beat from way back when Rebirth started out. I like!

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Woah, this was really cool! (I'm assuming images are in reverse order, so read from the bottom up, right?)

More than solid, and it picks up a story beat from way back when Rebirth started out. I like!
    For some reason, the pages were ordered like that on websites. I should've known better because I have the first story already LOL. Gonna go fix it.

As much as I dislike the Rebirth origin I like how they tried to fit in some type of continuity.

Astonishing Member

For some reason, the pages were ordered like that on websites. I should've known better because I have the first story already LOL. Gonna go fix it.

As much as I dislike the Rebirth origin I like how they tried to fit in some type of continuity.
    While I liked the Brightest Day origin, I like the Rebirth Origin, too. And I also appreciate the care given to acknowledge and incorporate continuity in this case.

The character has been trash since the rebirth origin. The Brightest Day origin was truly the best dicpictation, aside from the first season of Young Justice show. It's odd how before they made him gay there was barely a mention of being in a relationship. Now its a 360 degree turn around. You can't see him without tying him to trying to get a man....? Can we get one solid story of him being a hero ...??

Mighty Member

From YJ#13

Not a fan of the art for Aqualad. He just looks like a white character with a bit of a tan.

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

Mighty Member

AQUAMAN #62
    written by JORDAN CLARK
    art by MARCO SANTUCCI
    cover by ROBSON ROCHA
    variant cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
    In order to save baby Andy, Jackson Hyde made a deal with the devil—his father, Black Manta! Now Jackson must find a way into Xebel while everyone celebrates Mera’s surprise nuptials. What he finds there, however, will be darker and deadlier than he ever imagined. Welcome writer Jordan Clark (Bitch Planet Triple Feature) for the start of this two-part adventure!
    ON SALE 08.18.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The character has been trash since the rebirth origin. The Brightest Day origin was truly the best dicpictation, aside from the first season of Young Justice show. It's odd how before they made him gay there was barely a mention of being in a relationship. Now its a 360 degree turn around. You can't see him without tying him to trying to get a man....? Can we get one solid story of him being a hero ...??
    We've had multiple? His fighting Manta with the Titans, assisting Young Justice with their problems, everything that he's been doing in Aquaman... Him trying to get a man is actually the thing that happens less.

Really excited for his arc coming up! I'm not too familiar with Sanutcci's art though. I hope it's good and I'm hoping we get a Middleton variant!!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Love this, what's it from? Brightest Day?

Honestly I’m just happy to see a story arc follow Jackson, not that I haven’t see Aqualad do cool stuff in Young Justice and Aquaman but it’s always nice to see characters stand out.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.