Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    Considering how OFA already lets him jump around through the air a bit, I'm interested to see how exactly "Float" would differentiate from his natural "flying" abilities. If I were to assume, it's probably gonna be suspension in mid-air, very similar to how the Sayians float in DragonBall (and Nana's costume does look very DB-inspired, so that might be intentional).
    end of spoilers

[/spoil]
    spoilers:
    I see OFA Float giving Deku actually flight, like Superman, instead of his super leaping like the Hulk
    end of spoilers

Hoooooooooooo boy. What we've all been waiting for is finally here. And it is glorious.

spoilers:
    As all the students continue their evacuation in the city, Midoryia hears the first user of One For All's voice calling out to him about Shigaraki's reawakening, staring off at the hospital with his friends also looking on concerned.

With Shigaraki awakened, the entire building starts to completely disintegrate (RIP X-Less), as the rest of the heroes scramble to make it out. Aizawa almost gets pulled back by a Nomu, but Crust manages to save him, sacrificing himself in the process (respect man RIP). Chaos and destruction continues to reign, with some heroes appearing to make it out and some not so much (Wash uses his powers to float as many to safety and Pixie-Bob tries to stay back and halt the disintegrations but not sure if she's safe yet).

With the destruction continuing to expand, and the Doctor screaming about their impending victory, Midoryia jumps toward it with a 45%(!) OFA Smash, as they all prepare to run.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So yeah. Shigaraki is unleashed and we get to see his true potential again of just how scary non-stop disintegration really is, now that it's around people we care about. Also, it's probably the end of the Nomus, since obviously all the research is super gone by now, and he just killed the remaining few still there.

I love that even with only a small amount of appearances, Crust manages to make an impression, and go out like a King, smiling through the pain. I am also really nervous about Pixie-Bob. It looks like she's using her earth manipulation to halt the destruction, which might work, but still really worried.

There's also some nice quick interactions with all the students, Bakugo and Uraraka have a funny exchange, and everyone looking worried at Midoryia's premonitions. With the way OFA spoke, it does sound like the connection between it and AFO is alot greater than we may have initially thought. And then there's Midoryia now at 45% which is so exciting! After that two months of off-page training, they've all probably got alot of new techniques that I can't wait to see. Now just to see if they'll be going for Shiggy, or he'll be coming for them.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Thirteen and the Pussycats made it. They had to have made it. Somehow.
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

spoilers:
    Well Tomura , or should that be the New All For One knows how to make an entrance. Well Goodbye Crust we hardly knew ye, but you died a hero. Hopefully the Pussycats and Thriteen did survive. We still get some humour thanks to Bakugo interactions and then Deku goes up to 45% and looks like we are really gearing up to the final clash.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

...well. That's really really bad. Awesome to read, but really really bad in story.
    spoilers:
    So yeah. Shigaraki is unleashed and we get to see his true potential again of just how scary non-stop disintegration really is, now that it's around people we care about. Also, it's probably the end of the Nomus, since obviously all the research is super gone by now, and he just killed the remaining few still there.

I love that even with only a small amount of appearances, Crust manages to make an impression, and go out like a King, smiling through the pain. I am also really nervous about Pixie-Bob. It looks like she's using her earth manipulation to halt the destruction, which might work, but still really worried.

There's also some nice quick interactions with all the students, Bakugo and Uraraka have a funny exchange, and everyone looking worried at Midoryia's premonitions. With the way OFA spoke, it does sound like the connection between it and AFO is alot greater than we may have initially thought. And then there's Midoryia now at 45% which is so exciting! After that two months of off-page training, they've all probably got alot of new techniques that I can't wait to see. Now just to see if they'll be going for Shiggy, or he'll be coming for them.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    In one swift move Shigaraki has sent an entire army of heroes running with no clear way to stop him. Makes me wonder what limits he has on Decay, like how far out can it reach. We already know he can tear down a city no problem, which is well outside the capacity of most heroes. Taking him down will require range and some way to stay off the ground.

...hey, if Izuku can combine Black Whip and Float he might be the best counter against Shigaraki. OFA has probably jacked up Float to straight up Superman style flight, and Decay might not spread through the energy of Black Whip. Izuku is up to 45% on OFA after two months, so I hope that he's also been able to practice how to use his other powers as well on that level. I wonder if Izuku and Shigaraki will eventually be able to have Force style conversations with each other (ala Rey and Kylo Ren) due to their connection between their quirks.

RIP Crust!
    You went down like a true hero, saving your comrades and smiling through the pain and fear. Our time with you was far too short.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    spoilers:
    Thirteen and the Pussycats made it. They had to have made it. Somehow.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think Thirteen is ok. Bit more unsure about Pixie-Bob, which would be devastating for the PussyCats. I don't want them to lose more than they already have.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Well Tomura , or should that be the New All For One knows how to make an entrance. Well Goodbye Crust we hardly knew ye, but you died a hero. Hopefully the Pussycats and Thriteen did survive. We still get some humour thanks to Bakugo interactions and then Deku goes up to 45% and looks like we are really gearing up to the final clash.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    And this is just Shigaraki waking up and stretching basically. We've still got Gigantomachia ready to jump into the fray. Two monsters against our dear students. What a way to end their first year. It might also be their last.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    And this is just Shigaraki waking up and stretching basically. We've still got Gigantomachia ready to jump into the fray. Two monsters against our dear students. What a way to end their first year. It might also be their last.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah and makes it worst for our beloved students most of the pro heroes are injured, death or MIA
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    In one swift move Shigaraki has sent an entire army of heroes running with no clear way to stop him. Makes me wonder what limits he has on Decay, like how far out can it reach. We already know he can tear down a city no problem, which is well outside the capacity of most heroes. Taking him down will require range and some way to stay off the ground.

...hey, if Izuku can combine Black Whip and Float he might be the best counter against Shigaraki. OFA has probably jacked up Float to straight up Superman style flight, and Decay might not spread through the energy of Black Whip. Izuku is up to 45% on OFA after two months, so I hope that he's also been able to practice how to use his other powers as well on that level. I wonder if Izuku and Shigaraki will eventually be able to have Force style conversations with each other (ala Rey and Kylo Ren) due to their connection between their quirks.

RIP Crust!
    You went down like a true hero, saving your comrades and smiling through the pain and fear. Our time with you was far too short.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It feels to me like stopping the destruction path will halt the decay, like that seems to be the intention of Midoryia's Air Force kick or Pixie-Bob going to manipulate the earth. If this is the case, Todoroki would be extremely useful here, using his ice to block the open paths and halt the disintegration. And yeah, long-distance attacks will pretty much be the only thing that could attack him, so Midoryia, Bakugo, and Todoroki might be the best bets right now.

I didn't think about how effective Black Whip would be, but that does make sense that Decay shouldn't effect it. I can see it best for throwing objects and projectiles at Shigaraki, rather than risk getting pulled in or pulling him in too close to each other. I'm also thinking, since he's jumped up 25% in these past 2 months, what if he already knows how to Float by now? That's very plausible at this point too.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Honestly, at this point I'm worried at the students about to face Gigantomachia. Even at his current ungodly power-ness, Shigaraki still has a sense of mortality to him (also all the main characters are there). But Gigantomachia? Not even the villains figured out how to beat him yet, and now the "B-team of Class 1A" having to take him on, what are they gonna do??
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah and makes it worst for our beloved students most of the pro heroes are injured, death or MIA
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I saw someone do a "Top 10 Heroes" tally, and right now 2 of them are critically injured (Hawks and Mirko), one dead (Crust), one missing (Best Jeanist), and almost certainly something's gonna happen to Endeavor by the end of this (I'm predicting alive but quirkless). I don't think any of the MCs, or at least the kids, are gonna bite the dust by the end of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does happen, though I can't imagine who they'd be willing to even do that to.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It feels to me like stopping the destruction path will halt the decay, like that seems to be the intention of Midoryia's Air Force kick or Pixie-Bob going to manipulate the earth. If this is the case, Todoroki would be extremely useful here, using his ice to block the open paths and halt the disintegration. And yeah, long-distance attacks will pretty much be the only thing that could attack him, so Midoryia, Bakugo, and Todoroki might be the best bets right now.

I didn't think about how effective Black Whip would be, but that does make sense that Decay shouldn't effect it. I can see it best for throwing objects and projectiles at Shigaraki, rather than risk getting pulled in or pulling him in too close to each other. I'm also thinking, since he's jumped up 25% in these past 2 months, what if he already knows how to Float by now? That's very plausible at this point too.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, the way to stop, or at least slow down, the decay effect is to seperate the connection between the two objects/people. As in there needs to be no connection at all between them, so I think it would spread onto Todoroki's ice. Bakugo could keep himself above the decay at least temporarily, but I'm still not sure if he would be the best choice. His range isn't that great to be honest, at least I think it's within possibility for Shigraki to dodge the attack and grab him. Todoroki doing the Iceman slide thing (jumping from one slide to a new one whenever one is destroyed) and blasting away with fire would be a better option in general. Maybe if all three attack him at once.

I wouldn't be surprised if Izuku has mastered Float off-screen. And he had a pretty solid grasp on Black Whip last we saw, so I'm really excited to see what he can do with that now. I'm assuming that 45% is the level of power he can put into individual smashes, and not Full Cowling yet (wonder how strong he's with that right now). I'm thinking that if Izuku could at least pull Shigaraki off the ground then he'll stop the massive Decay effect and at least give the heroes a moment to breath and refocus.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Honestly, at this point I'm worried at the students about to face Gigantomachia. Even at his current ungodly power-ness, Shigaraki still has a sense of mortality to him (also all the main characters are there). But Gigantomachia? Not even the villains figured out how to beat him yet, and now the "B-team of Class 1A" having to take him on, what are they gonna do??
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm honestly still not sure if Gigantomachia will stop for the backup group. Dude can do Hulk length leaps. Odds are he lands in the middle of them, makes everybody **** their pants and then just moves on to his master. If they somehow make him halt and take him on that would be awesome (horrifying but awesome). But I'm just struggling to see how they would even make Gigantomachia stop long enough to fight him.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I saw someone do a "Top 10 Heroes" tally, and right now 2 of them are critically injured (Hawks and Mirko), one dead (Crust), one missing (Best Jeanist), and almost certainly something's gonna happen to Endeavor by the end of this (I'm predicting alive but quirkless). I don't think any of the MCs, or at least the kids, are gonna bite the dust by the end of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does happen, though I can't imagine who they'd be willing to even do that to.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    No matter how this shakes out, hero society is going to take a big hit. Not just in heroes out of commission, but it's also a really good way for the reborn Shigaraki to introduce himself to the world as the new Big Bad. People are going to be real scared and for real good reasons.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, the way to stop, or at least slow down, the decay effect is to seperate the connection between the two objects/people. As in there needs to be no connection at all between them, so I think it would spread onto Todoroki's ice. Bakugo could keep himself above the decay at least temporarily, but I'm still not sure if he would be the best choice. His range isn't that great to be honest, at least I think it's within possibility for Shigraki to dodge the attack and grab him. Todoroki doing the Iceman slide thing (jumping from one slide to a new one whenever one is destroyed) and blasting away with fire would be a better option in general. Maybe if all three attack him at once.

I wouldn't be surprised if Izuku has mastered Float off-screen. And he had a pretty solid grasp on Black Whip last we saw, so I'm really excited to see what he can do with that now. I'm assuming that 45% is the level of power he can put into individual smashes, and not Full Cowling yet (wonder how strong he's with that right now). I'm thinking that if Izuku could at least pull Shigaraki off the ground then he'll stop the massive Decay effect and at least give the heroes a moment to breath and refocus.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That actually sounds like a very plausible and smart idea, which is just to keep volley-balling him up in the air so he doesn't touch anything. While very risky, Uraraka would also be very useful, using her zero gravity to keep him floating away from anything. Though it's hard to tell if his decay is still activated through his hands, or if now his whole body can manipulate it (plus not to mention if there are any extra quirks with AFO he has as well).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I'm honestly still not sure if Gigantomachia will stop for the backup group. Dude can do Hulk length leaps. Odds are he lands in the middle of them, makes everybody **** their pants and then just moves on to his master. If they somehow make him halt and take him on that would be awesome (horrifying but awesome). But I'm just struggling to see how they would even make Gigantomachia stop long enough to fight him.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    No matter how this shakes out, hero society is going to take a big hit. Not just in heroes out of commission, but it's also a really good way for the reborn Shigaraki to introduce himself to the world as the new Big Bad. People are going to be real scared and for real good reasons.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The only reason I feel like that's the case is that the Back-Up group still haven't done anything, so unless they all show up to provide back-up against the PLA members, fighting Gigantomachia is the only other thing that makes most sense for them to do. Even though, like you said, it's hard to imagine him humouring them in a fight anyway.

And yeah, no matter how this turns out I'm having a hard time figuring out where it's gonna go. How will they take him down, and will it be permanent or temporary? And if they do go the other way and he wins, how will that even work, will Japan just be gone? I know the PLA had this whole plan to "liberate a new society", but at this point it seems like Shigaraki would just end up destroying everything and not care about any "established order" anymore.
    end of spoilers

And we're back for another round of everyone's favourite segment, "**** gets real!", in which **** continues to get real and fast.

spoilers:
    The Evacuation team try to hold off against Shigaraki's decay storm, but are unable to stop it. As Todoroki's ice is slightly able to hold it off, everyone grabs as many people as possible and runs away. (Nice little details here like Neijire using her energy to push some vehicles, Bakugo & Uraraka flying and carrying several people, 1B Manga dude using his letters as decay fodder, and Midoryia using Black Whip to carry an entire bus)

Back at the lone crater where the hospital used to be, Shigaraki stumbles upon the seemingly destroyed remaining quirk erasing bullets during their attempt to mass produce them. Realizing he's in control of his Decay now, he uses his communicator to call on Gigantomachia.

Back at the PLA headquarters (which I only just realized is called the Gunga(n) Mountain Villa, cute), Tokoyami flies Hawks to safety, while the heroes are suddenly attacked by what turns out to be Toga, disguising herself as the hero who almost captured her before, and stabbing everyone she can. Compress and Dabi meet up, with the former stating that Toga's on a suicide mission now, just as Gigantomachia finally emerges.

And finally, Endeavor appears from the skies, ready to do battle against Shigaraki.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So it really does seem like there's nothing really that can stop the decay, just slowing it down, which begs the question of how it would stop, since at that point wouldn't it just keep spreading until there's nothing else? I do love Midoryia's "**** This ****" face, he knows it's game time now, plus we also get confirmation that he can in fact handle Black Whip alot better now. Bakugo carrying someone in his mouth is also really funny.

Now, Shigaraki and the bullets seem interesting to me. Looking at his comments and the destroyed machine (presumably from X-Less), it appears that now they're all destroyed, which if that's the case is really interesting that's how they get rid of it all, unless it's some kind of misdirection and that there is maybe like one or two that still work.

Really love seeing Toga's anger and rage over Twice's death, at this point she really does have nothing to lose, and seeing her able to master utilizing other people's quirks too is great.

Also something I learned from another poster, that final page is actually a direct parallel to the end of Ch. 89, the start of All Might vs. All For One, which is a very clever little detail. And here's my prediction, I don't think Endeavor's dying here, there's still a lot more he's gotta do (like see Dabi again). But getting his quirk taken? Yea that seems like what we're going for. And even logically, Endeavor is probably one of the better choices against Shiggy, since fire (as far as we know), can't be decayed and good for long-distance attacks.
    end of spoilers

90's Style MHA!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

spoilers:
    Wow things are really get more insane. Toga going on a killing spree, Gigantomachia ready to say "Hello" and Tomura Vs Endeavour. Can't wait for more
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

90's Style MHA!
    Aww, they're so pretty.

Extraordinary Member

And we're back for another round of everyone's favourite segment, "**** gets real!", in which **** continues to get real and fast.
    Ahhh! The escalation has been insane these last few chapters, with each one taking it up a notch! Ahh! I love this series so much!
    spoilers:
    So it really does seem like there's nothing really that can stop the decay, just slowing it down, which begs the question of how it would stop, since at that point wouldn't it just keep spreading until there's nothing else? I do love Midoryia's "**** This ****" face, he knows it's game time now, plus we also get confirmation that he can in fact handle Black Whip alot better now. Bakugo carrying someone in his mouth is also really funny.

Now, Shigaraki and the bullets seem interesting to me. Looking at his comments and the destroyed machine (presumably from X-Less), it appears that now they're all destroyed, which if that's the case is really interesting that's how they get rid of it all, unless it's some kind of misdirection and that there is maybe like one or two that still work.

Really love seeing Toga's anger and rage over Twice's death, at this point she really does have nothing to lose, and seeing her able to master utilizing other people's quirks too is great.

Also something I learned from another poster, that final page is actually a direct parallel to the end of Ch. 89, the start of All Might vs. All For One, which is a very clever little detail. And here's my prediction, I don't think Endeavor's dying here, there's still a lot more he's gotta do (like see Dabi again). But getting his quirk taken? Yea that seems like what we're going for. And even logically, Endeavor is probably one of the better choices against Shiggy, since fire (as far as we know), can't be decayed and good for long-distance attacks.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It seems like Decay has a very reliable ON/OFF switch, so to speak. If Shigaraki stops touching the origin point then the affected arena crumbles but it just doesn't go any further. So that's good to know. But yeah, besides that you have to throw stuff at it and hope that you can come up with a plan.

Deku using Black Whipe to pull a buss and Ochako using her rope to drag along a civilian made me so stupid happy.

In the official release Shigaraki says that most of the bullets are destroyed, and some of them do look more or less intact. And I wouldn't be surprised if they have at least a few stashed away at another location.

Toga raging out is oddly satifying. It's just kinda refreshing to see her ditch the "whole wacky woo hoo cute murder-girl"-bit and go for a more "I'ma kill all you shits"-vibe. Where is she using someone else's quirk? I'm mainly seeing her slashing fools to death. I'm wondering just who Shigaraki meant when he asked Gigantomachia to bring "the others". Does he just mean his core crew or everyone in the PLA? The first option could have Gigantomachia just picking up the crew and leaping there, with the other option he kinda has to herd everybody over to Shigaraki while punching through the heroes. Either option has intriguing possibilities.

I can see Shigaraki giving Endeavor the same treatment he gave to Overhaul. Crippling him and removing his powers. Just stripping him of everything he's worked so hard for and making all the abuse he heaped on his family more utterly pointless than it already was (not that Shigaraki knows that part). Endeavor does seeminly fulfill all the requirements for fighting the current Shigaraki. Long range attacks that shouldn't be affected by Decay and a way to keep his distance from the guy (limited flight). It'll also be a good place for Shiggy to show if he has any new quirks.

I gotta say that I kinda love Shigaraki's attitude this chapter. He's all "Huh, you know we had few more weeks, or was months, left on this whole plan. But WTH, I'm up now. *makes a phone call* Hey crew! Let's wreck some ****! *Endeavor come blasting in* Oh hey, the number one hero. I mean, not the one I want, but you'll do."
    He's just so casual about the horrors he's about to unleash. So very different from the petulant brat that attached USJ.

Also, the art this week is just stellar! Like, the art is usually really good but there are some pages here that had me stare at them in awe. Toga glaring at the heroes while Gigantomachia's massive arm punches through the floor. And Endeavor at full burn roaring towards an eerily calm Shigaraki (who is looking snazzy in his new evil overlord outfit). Just, so good!
    end of spoilers

I haven't read the main series yet but I'm digging Vigilantes.