Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He had a series in the 70s as well, but it was just reprints of Strange Tales and the Golden Age series starring Jim Hammond.
    Thanks for the info.
    Did not knew about this comic book as well.
    The new covers of classic Human Torch stories in that series from the 70´s are quite cool.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

lol we are fans too johnny! cool that human torch is back in comics
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Marvel Adventures? I don't recognise that Jean costume.

I think it's from X-Men: First Class. I couldn't tell you what issue though.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I liked his brief appearance in the latest Spectacular Spider-Man. He was funny for the few panels he showed up on. https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...8-most-wanted/

so if a solo MCU movie was produced, who would be the villain(s)?

would we have a teen johnny to coincide with teen Peter?

...has the Torch ever fought vampires?

BANNED

Strange Tales #103 Dec 1962
    The Human Torch stars in "Prisoner of the 5th Dimension!"
    When newly built houses in the area have been found to sink into their foundations, Reed Richards sends Johnny to go and investigate.
    What Johnny stumbles upon is somebody from the 5th Dimension, who has been involved in these incidents.

When Johnny learns the truth, he finds himself suddenly transported to the 5th Dimension.

In the 5th Dimension, Johnny is taken before Zemu a dictator who rules the dimension and plots to take over Earth,
    and he discovers that the area where the houses were being built is where they materialize when they travel to Earth's dimension.
    Put in a wet prison to prevent his flame powers, Johnny is freed by Valeria who is the daughter of Phineas, who used to be the ruler before Zemu overthrew his rule.

With the help of the Human Torch, the people of the 5th Dimension are able to overthrow Zemu and retake their realm.

After Johnny returns home, he has trouble focusing on his study because his thoughts keep on turning to Valeria.

Plot by Stan Lee, script by Larry Lieber, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Dick Ayers.

Could Johnny swim through lava? I've always wondered.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Could Johnny swim through lava? I've always wondered.
    If he can't get burned when not flamed on, then maybe. I imagine it would be a thick almost quicksand like material. Flamed on, he's have no problem with the heat, but wouldn't he be too light to sink deep enough into the lava to actually swim?

Wait, if he's lighter than air, how does he flame on (Reed's done stuff to allow him to flame on there) underwater and not shoot to the surface?

Comic book super powers and science make my head hurt much.

I like to not think too hard about the logic behind comic superpowers.

I wonder what's the maximum heat Johnny can take when not flamed on.

I loved some of those old stories (I saw them in their original publishing). Especially his feud with the Wizard, who for me, as a child, was very creepy looking, not like he came to look later on in the FF.

I loved the one where he got Sue to help him foil the Wizard by using her Invisibility to trick Wizard into thinking he could move things with his mind. Classic!

A sequel of sorts was in the FF, around #158, Johnny remet Valeria, very minor sparks, but he gave her some more attention. Always wished he 'd have followed up; it was only a short time after Quicksilver married Crystal.

But as I recall this adventure also ended up strengthening Sue's powers with a device she used. (or maybe it was the next issue or two?)

BANNED

So question to Torch fans: Read Marvel Two-in-One recently l, loved it but I'm generally raising an eyebrow at this plot point of Johnny losing his powers since this just happened during James Robinson's run of the book. Now not having read a whole lot of F4 I gotta ask: is this plot point just a frequent plot for Johnny same as how Ben dealing with his form or not?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    So question to Torch fans: Read Marvel Two-in-One recently l, loved it but I'm generally raising an eyebrow at this plot point of Johnny losing his powers since this just happened during James Robinson's run of the book. Now not having read a whole lot of F4 I gotta ask: is this plot point just a frequent plot for Johnny same as how Ben dealing with his form or not?
    It hasn't been. Reed's lost his powers in the past (issues 180s and 190s) but I'd have to look up how that happened to see if those occurrences might be related. Maybe it's something, maybe it isn't. It seems like melodrama to me and an extra that's recently been done not adding much to a story which should be more personal (IMO)..

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Not that I can remember, the FF usually lose their powers as team if anything. I think him losing his powers is because of his emotional state, out of the FF, Johnny's powers are the most tied to his emotions.