View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 927 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4278278779179239249259269279289299309319379771027 ... LastLast
Results 13,891 to 13,905 of 16971
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Very excited about the Loki book! Daniel Kibblesmith is a queer-friendly writer, so I'm more hopeful than usual that his sexuality/gender will be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, it is the Bifrost. But to be serious honestly I prefer not to have any expectations for Loki in regards to his sexuality...

Also, I both love and hate the Loki thread. Every post is a wall of text. I find it cool that there's so much interesting discussion but at the same time I don't have enough patience to read it all lol.
    I can see how that would be a bit daunting, I know I can get very rambly, as can some of the others, but the more the merrier and no saying you have to post a wall of text yourself. It's just he can get kinda complicated, with hidden motivations, deception, playing both sides and stuff...

Anyway, excited! And yes, I think most of Loki's fans would be quite open to him having a male love interest. It's fine to say he is bi, but it doesn't mean a ton practically if he never gets a male love interest even once, or he will just end up like Gambit and Deadpool where technically.... but it is rarely if ever shown and many readers likely don't know. His last solo never had a love interest at all, so hey, why not? Closest we've had recently was Zelma in Dr Strange but that didn't last long. My big problem is that I would like whoever he ends up with to be capable of teaming up, because that is fun, and non powered love interests tend to get sidelined easily and forgotten about. so needs to be someone with powers or at the very least have some sort of armored suit or something that will let them stand toe to toe with the types of enemies he would fight, and Loki, especially if he is also welding Mjolnir, (!!) is extremely powerful, he is a non-squishy wizard, so... He'd likely be facing some big threats. It's hard to think of who that might be who is both capable of teaming up and would be compatible, he's not the easiest person to get along with.

The one thing I don't want tho is Daken. Loki is trying to be a better person, but it is not easy for him, old habits die hard. he doesn't need someone like Daken leading him back to the dark side.
    Last edited by Raye; 04-09-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I can see how that would be a bit daunting, I know I can get very rambly, as can some of the others, but the more the merrier and no saying you have to post a wall of text yourself. It's just he can get kinda complicated, with hidden motivations, deception, playing both sides and stuff...

Anyway, excited! And yes, I think most of Loki's fans would be quite open to him having a male love interest. It's fine to say he is bi, but it doesn't mean a ton practically if he never gets a male love interest even once, or he will just end up like Gambit and Deadpool where technically.... but it is rarely if ever shown and many readers likely don't know. His last solo never had a love interest at all, so hey, why not? Closest we've had recently was Zelma in Dr Strange but that didn't last long. My big problem is that I would like whoever he ends up with to be capable of teaming up, because that is fun, and non powered love interests tend to get sidelined easily and forgotten about. so needs to be someone with powers or at the very least have some sort of armored suit or something that will let them stand toe to toe with the types of enemies he would fight, and Loki, especially if he is also welding Mjolnir, (!!) is extremely powerful, he is a non-squishy wizard, so... He'd likely be facing some big threats. It's hard to think of who that might be who is both capable of teaming up and would be compatible, he's not the easiest person to get along with.

The one thing I don't want tho is Daken. Loki is trying to be a better person, but it is not easy for him, old habits die hard. he doesn't need someone like Daken leading him back to the dark side.

Oh, Raye, we love you and your long wall of text!

So, Hawkeye might be getting a Disney+ series where he passes the torch to Kate Bishop. Does that mean that mean the Young Avengers is on the horizon?
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/haw...us-1203183398/

That would be so amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I dunno, I could see Loki taking Daken as a smoking hot cautionary example. Bed Daken, but don't be like Daken. Show Daken the way! Better bet might be Herc, especially if he's supposed to be a fairly prominent character in an upcoming film. And it'd be nice if Marvel actually, finally showed some support so far as giving Herc a male LI too, instead of leaving it at tittering and innuendo from about a decade ago.

I love Daken, but I don't see he and Loki together. They are too alike, in a way. I guess they could hook up once. But even then I feel like it would be a total mess LOL. Well, now that I think about it that kinda sounds like an interesting story lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I dunno, I could see Loki taking Daken as a smoking hot cautionary example. Bed Daken, but don't be like Daken. Show Daken the way! Better bet might be Herc, especially if he's supposed to be a fairly prominent character in an upcoming film. And it'd be nice if Marvel actually, finally showed some support so far as giving Herc a male LI too, instead of leaving it at tittering and innuendo from about a decade ago.
    Herc/Loki has definitely been one of my favorite fanon ships! I mean, two pansexual gods who've done and seen it all... I'd have no problem believing they ran into each other (if ya know what I mean) a couple of times over the centuries.

Speaking of Herc, now the guy from That Hashtag Show is saying he doesn't believe the gay character from the Eternals is him for a reason ''we might find out very soon''. Apparently there is something about the casting call that gave him the impression that the character could not be Hercules. He does say there is a character in the movie he still believes could be Hercules, though.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-11-2019 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Herc/Loki has definitely been one of my favorite fanon ships! I mean, two pansexual gods who've done and seen it all... I'd have no problem believing they ran into each other (if ya know what I mean) a couple of times over the centuries.
    Ok but let's be honest here and talk about the REAL reason that's a good idea: Loki being paired with a beef/buff hairy daddy is just... 10/10. I think the people who already appreciate Loki x YouKnowWho content would all be really pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Ok but let's be honest here and talk about the REAL reason that's a good idea: Loki being paired with a beef/buff hairy daddy is just... 10/10. I think the people who already appreciate Loki x YouKnowWho content would all be really pleased.
    Gurl, I'm not saying that you're right.... but you're totally right.

BANNED

There's a "spoiler/leak" about Avengers: Endgame that spoilers:
    describes the appearance of a character that sounds extremely descriptive of Teddy, as an Avenger in the future. And according to it, he hits on Bruce Banner/Hulk.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    describes the appearance of a character that sounds extremely descriptive of Teddy, as an Avenger in the future. And according to it, he hits on Bruce Banner/Hulk.
    end of spoilers
    My body is ready.

Also, I have a bad, bad feeling about that...

This might be perfect. I hadn't really considered that particular character because [redacted] is always part of a pair. But alone, there's a LOT of potential. For Ruffalo reasons, for Cap Marvel reasons, for representation reasons.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Speaking of Herc, now the guy from That Hashtag Show is saying he doesn't believe the gay character from the Eternals is him for a reason ''we might find out very soon''. Apparently there is something about the casting call that gave him the impression that the character could not be Hercules. He does say there is a character in the movie he still believes could be Hercules, though.
    That's good news to me, I was hoping the gay character would be someone other than Hercules.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    end of spoilers
    That's really interesting. I've thought about time travel possibly being used to introduce... certain characters but I didn't think it was very likely. This is gonna' be huge if the rumour is true.

Astonishing Member

I missed last week, so time for a double dose of The Week In Gay:

Last week we had...

Avengers: No Road Home #8

Captain America #9 - Toni Ho appearance

Champions #4

Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History #2 of 6 - technically no LGBT content, but it revisits a particularly homoerotic confrontation between Spider-Man and Venom and really hammers home just how much gay subtext there was there.

Deadpool #11

Major X #1 - Shatterstar appears

Uncanny X-Men #15 - Karma

War Of The Realms #1 - Loki appears and has a "death" that we already know is not going to stick -- as if anyone expected it to in the first place.

And this week....

Amazing Spider-Man #19 - Black Cat guest stars in this arc

Asgardians Of The Galaxy #8 - in addition to the book's regular LGBT cast we also have a welcome return appearance of Annabelle's girlfriend Ren Kimura

Avengers: No Road Home #9 - The issue starts with a very gay first page, with cameos by Lightning, America Chavez, Toni Ho, Pod-2, and Nadia

Spider-Man/Deadpool #49

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #43 - Koi Boi and Loki make appearances, in the SG book's first ever "event" tie-in.

Unstoppable Wasp #6 - Big stuff for our LGBT supporting cast as Shay prepares to come out to her mother and introduce her to Ying.

Journey Into Mystery #1 - we have some gay civilians that are rescued by the heroes

X-23 #11

X-Force #6

And for the wait-for-trade crowd the TPB of Sina Grace's 2nd ICEMAN series came out, as well as the latest volume of RUNAWAYS.

Did I miss anything for either week?