Page 450 of 671 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452453454460500550 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 10059
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

That Superboy does look slightly like the McKone drawing/design, so we might actually be getting something YJ related. I wouldn't mind seeing either McKone or Takara drawing that book should it exist.
    Titans is disappointing if that's the extent if the main cast. I could see Roy going off and doing his own thing right now (an Arsenal solo series would be awesome in the right hands) but I would think Donna's best service would be Titans (if Diana is looking for ways to help and keep an eye on her). Bumblebee is getting more (and better) focus over in Super Hero Girls, so I can see DC not being concerned about her (sadly) but I will miss Lilith. Neither Raven nor Ms. Martian actually replicate all of Liliths abilities in that she is a precog and I would think someone like that would be important in this kind of premise.
    The premise for Titans could be a good one. It gives them a purpose and goals and opens up the potential to see some not yet Rebirthed characters like Argent maybe.
    I do wish we could have gotten a different writer. Just imagine if instead of letting him get away before they put out an LSH series, they had given Hickman the Titans to play with (and who knows, maybe they did and he declined. ) I can't help but think there could be better options for writer sadly. Abnett, when writing with Lanning, was excellent...LSH, Legion Lost and Legion were amazing. Unfortunately I've not been as impressed since they split.
    Teen Titans...dear Lord, I don't even know. Every writer wants to create a character for every team book they write in hopes of an enduring and fan loved new creation. Djinn looks interesting I guess...but I would rather Empress or Secret been given a return as those characters seem at least superficially similar. Crush...i Will pass. Lobo has never been interesting and all this screams is a poor attempt to recreate the original YJ success with a different take on Slobo. The other character...dont even remember his name. As several have said, Damien should not be a team leader. His personality is to challenge leaders. As for Adam Glass...every writer generally has a few misses before they have their hit. Geoff Johns didn't have a smash hit off the bat. Maybe this will be Glass' breakout book. Unfortunately I won't be reading it to know. Everything about this book screams no to me.
    I love the Teen Titans/ Titans concept. But man, DC just doesn't seem to have a clue at all lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I don't want to see the other Titans anywhere near this current premise for the team. The X-Men concept of training these heroes to be the next generation rubs me the wrong way: it's really just continuing the whole idea of Nightwing being Batman and the League's whipping boy, or at least that's what it feels like. The team that has been selected seems like it was picked entirely by the League, when you think about it. Wonder Woman picked Raven, Batman picked Beast Boy, Superman picked Steel, Martian Manhunter picked Miss Martian. It is very Young Justice in that way, people are right. And I don't think the other Titans would be fine with it. That's probably the narrative reason they aren't here.

But I'm also very disinterested in the team and the concept as a result. The Titans need their autonomy much like Damian's team is getting, and Damian's team is only getting it because they're very much "rebels without a cause." I'd love to see another Titans team or a team that's technically for all intents and purposes aligned against the Titans but consisting of characters that you'd think you would see there doing their own thing against Dick's team and against the League. Why not call them the Olympian's, or New Olympian's, or something similar? It would probably be more interesting than Dick's... whatever it is. Just playing puppy to the League isn't what the Titans need, nor what I want for them.

Like I said I'd love to see a team of the remaining Titans members, or some of them, mixed in with some others representing this. Let Omen or Troia lead - it doesn't always need to be Nightwing. Hell, even Arsenal could do it.
    It’s halrious really. That after Abnetts Titans did nothing but write Nightwing as a mockery of himself and push the others over him, that this is what’s coming out it and that the Titans are continuing with Nightwing and while the other are seemly back in limbo. Can’t say its surprising though. Just goes to show how bad Abnetts really Titans was. There is a clear disconnect there, but I’ve been saying that from day 1. I honestly don’t understand how he is still writing the Titans. Makes me question if anyone at DC actually read his Titans work.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-25-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

For anyone on the fence, the editor of the new teen titans book did a thread and it has me convinced they are putting a lot of care into the new book: https://twitter.com/whatthe_shea/sta...51205073670144

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    For anyone on the fence, the editor of the new teen titans book did a thread and it has me convinced they are putting a lot of care into the new book: https://twitter.com/whatthe_shea/sta...51205073670144
    Thanks for the link..

Ya, I’m excited about the new Teen Titans. I like the look of crush.

Fantastic Member

Poor Lilith.
    Maybe Titans fans should start a petition for to protest DC's horrible choices lol
    OR
    These line-ups are temporary, and Doomsday Clock will fix them all?

Well, I wish we could get descriptions on what these characters are supposed to be about; roundhouse still looks goofy,and d’jinn looks otherworldly. Both are kind of bizarre.

That...didn't really help. It's just concept art of the characters and Shea talking about how much she loves the Teen Titans. Nothing to really sway anyone who was on the fence, given the information we've already gotten yesterday :/

Djinn's still the only positive thing I can really pick out in all of this. Everything else I'm still teetering back and forth on.

There definitely seems to be a lot of enthusiasm for the New Teen Titans, I just wish there was more on that front for the Titans...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

"Remember when we had that really dumb idea for a little kid version of Lobo? Well we are doing it again only now its a girl!" Just such a fricken stupid idea.

Titans is just an even bigger containment book now. They can throw in even younger gens they don't know what to do with in it. Damian's book will be the one that carries on the actual Titans spirit and concept. I'm amazed that there are still people here that are positive about it. It blows my mind given Abnett's past 2 years of work on the title. It's been some of the worst dreck DC has produced the last handful of years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    "Remember when we had that really dumb idea for a little kid version of Lobo? Well we are doing it again only now its a girl!" Just such a fricken stupid idea.
    If Crush's existence means I'm gonna have to put up with a bunch of unwarranted Slobo hate, I'm gonna hate her before she even shows up.

I didn't read a lot of Young Justice but from what I did check out, Slobo wasn't all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    All off the team, aren't they?
    Seriously what the hell? Didn't they release solicits about the Fab Five Titans and then replace it with whatever this new team is?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

What I don't get is the idea that Crush would necessarily usurp Slobo or something. Yeah, they are pretty similar from an outward glance but :
    -we don't know her yet, so we don't know how she'll be on the page
    -taking two very similar characters and actually highlighting how they are different and yet great characters shouldn't be seen as a chore, or something, impossible but something writers should thrive to do and be happy to try.

So far, I'm really liking this line-up, even if I would have liked Suren, Maya and -possibly- Jon and Beacon on the team.