Page 260 of 285 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 4267

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    It's currently fluctuating at around US$60 at Amazon.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Well, Sean Murphy has officially started work on White Knight's third volume

https://twitter.com/Sean_G_Murphy/st...432001/photo/1

Tentatively titled, "Beyond The White Knight". Now how is this relevant for us? Well, last year he said on an interview with DC Daily that if given the chance, he would like to use White Knight's third volume to explore his version of Jason Todd.

"I would love to get to Jason Todd. One of the happy accidents of Volume 1 was I switched the order of the Robins so that Jason Todd was not killed, he just left," said Murphy. "I, sort of, wanted to touch on that. I'm not sure if I'm gonna fit that in Volume 2, maybe at the end. But if I ever get to do a third volume, maybe I'll tackle the Jason Todd thing."

However, Murphy said his plans weren't just set in the present, as he wants to link the mythos he created to the future Batman, Terry McGinnis. "I'd also like to eventually bridge the entire thing series into Batman Beyond. If you even look at how I designed my Batmobile, it's the same kinda shape of the Batman Beyond Batmobile," he added.
    He also mentions Teryr McGinnis and going by the working title, he's indeed tackling that idea. Let's hope the Jason one is addressed as well.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 12-02-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Well, Sean Murphy has officially started work on White Knight's third volume

https://twitter.com/Sean_G_Murphy/st...432001/photo/1

Tentatively titled, "Beyond The White Knight". Now how is this relevant for us? Well, last year he said on an interview with DC Daily that if given the chance, he would like to use White Knight's third volume to explore his version of Jason Todd.

He also mentions Teryr McGinnis and going by the working title, he's indeed tackling that idea. Let's hope the Jason one is addressed as well.
    Well, the Beyond in the title may point to Terry. But I wonder how it could work with Jason, to be honest. I would love to see Jason and Terry interact, but hummmm...

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnpeelgothisgun View Post
    It's currently fluctuating at around US$60 at Amazon.

Thank you both for your help. I ordered it via Amazon.
    Shipping is a little expensive but it's still cheaper than ordering local.

I love the figure design. The posture looks so relaxed and natural.
    I am also a fan of the little gargoyle. We all probably know why.

Found on Reddit: I hope it's readable.

They keep putting Red Hood near that villain word... and I don't like where this premise could go. At all.

Also, I don't like that they are putting Cassandra in the same group, because she's clearly not a villain, and never has as far as I know.
    Or, heck, even Rose, shouldn't be put in a place near the word "villain". She's a mess, she's not a good person, but I don't know if I could call her a villain.

This isn't giving me good vibes.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-03-2019 at 04:06 PM.

^^ I agree. I don't like that Red Hood is supposedly in a leading role of a book that's being described as "DC's Villains Rise in.."

That puts him front and center. Almost synonymous with that word. Not big on that.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I guess it's because Under The Red Hood is still his biggest story

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I guess it's because Under The Red Hood is still his biggest story
    Even in that, he doesn't come across as a typical, crystal clear villain. He's an antivillain at worst, and a very gray vigilante and antagonist at best in there. It's for a reason that a lot of people sympathise with him to certain degree (often happens with antivillains. Look at Kaworu or Char Aznable), and why people like him to go in redemption story arcs. The most villainious he has been was under Morrison, or in Arkham Knight (and there too, he had some sort of redeeming point in the very end). (Edit: he did some awful stuff to Tim, I can give them that. His most villanious bits during Under the Hood and afterwards). Anyone who knows a bit about him in the comics knows that he's more an antihero with some sort of an attitude who goes dirty and hard than a villain (edit: who does bad deeds by seftinterest, pleasure or entertainment). Has been for a long while.

A villain is Vandal Savage, or Riddler, or Penguin. Or, heck, Catwoman could too, if you dislike burglary a lot lot (that's against law and she's not going to stop). If we're going to call him a villain, let's call Huntress one too, for example. Doesn't she kill too?

Edit: I don't know. Maybe this Jason is a villain. But main DCU isn't now; even when he's working with those kids, he's definitely neutral enough.

Edit: I mean, you're probably right and it's because of that. But it still shows that whoever's idea of Jason is that, I don't think they get the character well enough.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-03-2019 at 07:06 PM.

I know when it comes to the fairly new artist of this series, Karl Mostert, I've seen his work compared to either Burnham or Quietly, of the latter he is a fan of.

But something I noticed is that his style and mainly the thin but uniform line work also kinda reminds me of Tony Moores art from the more famed zombie series The Walking Dead vol.1.

Karl Mostert

Tony Moore

CBR article: 5 Red Hood Costumes We Love (And 5 We Hate)

The current costume design by Pete Woods is on the hate side (which I personally disagree with but I also disagree with pretty much 50% of the list).

Here's Pete Woods' reaction to the ranking:

Pete Woods CBR article part 1.jpg

Pete Woods CBR article part 2.jpg

Pete Woods CBR article part 3.jpg

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Are you kidding me!?

They count the Red Hood gang and the Criminal Red Hood one costumes despite not being worn by Jason at all but not Medri's design?

Goddammit CBR.