Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Krakoa is a man made country created from nowhere. They simply choose the worse people to ressurrect and be part of government.
    All countries are man made and created from nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Fenris Twins are there because Shinobi recruited them as the new Knights of the Black House of the Hellfire Trading Company (back in issue #8). Shinobi has history with them from their days together in the Upstarts...and given the complex interweaving relationships on Krakoa, he's likely sleeping with both of them too but that has yet to be confirmed.

Andreas at least has shown the potential to become a better person. During his time with the Thunderbolts as the new Swordsman he made an honest attempt to try and make himself a better man. Unfortunately all progress he made was washed away after he was killed and then cloned and resurrected by Strucker. I expect that was deliberate when Strucker had him restored--he probably had those memories erased to prevent Andreas from switching sides on him.

Wasn't he using his dead sister's hide (skin....barf) to activate his powers??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Bulagirl1 View Post
    Are you talking about Golden Girls?
    I think that's just a Florida nursing home
    LOL....no. Not Golden Girls.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    All countries are man made and created from nowhere.
    I disagree on the second part.

Countries or nations are formed by communities banding (willingly or by force) together under a shared set of pre-existing identities, borders and leadership, forming a larger community in the process. They are build on existing foundations either material or immaterial allready in place or brought to it by the people settling on it.

In a way countries and nations are build on the remains of the previous incarnations. Even if they sometimes only still exist in the people's minds.

Like how todays France and Germany originate from a frankish king trying to recreate the (then) fallen western roman empire in his metaphorical backyard of northern europe. The later even spending most of it's hundreds of years of history as an in name only "Holy Roman Empire" which just a collection of smaller countries and kingdoms roughly unified under an umberella identity and shared language.

Even the earliest humans who begann to spread around the globe did so carrying parts of their previous home with them even just in spirit. So it's difficult to say that any early civilization was formed from nowhere.

Where it could be said that Krakoa was build from "nowhere" is that Hickman gave the whole place so many wonderous traits and abilities which did not exist or were implied to be possible in previous stories. Essentialy writing a mutant paradise into existence without actualy spending the effort in showcasing the foundation being really formed.
    It just poofed into existence via a retcon, which in turn could be considered lazy if not for the readership having apperently been so starved for interesting or good setups, that they don't mind the rushed and sudden nature of it being established.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Wasn't he using his dead sister's hide (skin....barf) to activate his powers??
    Yep! He sure did...the freaking weirdo.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Do we already know what Emma's brother powers are? Looking cute? Besides that, something else?
    Christian can create psionic energy constructs, sort of like Betsy, but his constructs can be made to be very realistic looking rather than just glowy pink things. In the Iceman series he created a construct of his father that was so real it managed to fool Emma.

Speaking of Christian, I listened to a podcast a little while ago that mentioned some disappointment with his twinkish design, and I agree. He's supposed to be older than Emma, I would like him to look a bit more daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Yep! He sure did...the freaking weirdo.
    Always worth remembering that Nazis are every bit as depraved as they imagine everyone else to be to justify their hate.

Well, people are pretending Emma is the same age or younger than the O5, so Christian could be 30 and still older than her.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Christian can create psionic energy constructs, sort of like Betsy, but his constructs can be made to be very realistic looking rather than just glowy pink things. In the Iceman series he created a construct of his father that was so real it managed to fool Emma.

Speaking of Christian, I listened to a podcast a little while ago that mentioned some disappointment with his twinkish design, and I agree. He's supposed to be older than Emma, I would like him to look a bit more daddy.
    CEREBRO?
    Love that pod.
    And yes, I love the idea of him having a significant age gap from Bobby.

Storm was a boss in this. I will miss her if she leaves.

It was fine. Like the Storm/Calisto bit.

Shaw really need to get a psychic on his side. Where's Creed telepathic Girl Friday, Birdie at? As soon as Shaw found out Kate and Storm was working with Emma, he should have filled out his black house with allies that could counter. Shinobi wasn't enough. He may not thrust her and he would have to constantly watch his back, but I would have teamed up with Selene, making her the Black Queen again. Or at least bring his lover Lourdes Chantel back.
    As for Shinobi Shaw, he has lost his bite and I find him boring now.

Alcoholic Kate is getting on my nerves even though she didn't do much.

Bishop is wasted. Realistically Rachel should have been Kate's Red Knight, especially with Bishop being a captain. Hopefully he'll move on to star in another book soon.

Iceman should fit here perfectly, but he's barely there. Another waste.

Pyro is a non-issue for me. Meh

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

As if men of a particular age in the Real Gay World don't arduously endeavour to look younger than they actually are.
    With the means and money, Christian can be pushing Forty and still look like he's 25...plus, he juices. Those antioxidants are werkin'!!!

And "older" doesn't have to mean "Daddy".
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-14-2021 at 09:16 AM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Well to be fair, Lollli makes everyone but Sebastian look like they're barely drinking age.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Well to be fair, Lollli makes everyone but Sebastian look like they're barely drinking age.
    Maybe in weirdo puritan countries.

You argue a lot "there are villains in Krakoa!" as if Kingpin were not the mayor of New York or Norman Osborn the director of a psychiatric-correctional facility.