Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Kitty and Illyana are like sisters. I have never, ever got the gist that she wanted to kiss up on her at all.

And it seemed to me they never confronted her having sex till like that Pete Wisdom crap in Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    Honestly most of Claremont's women read as having powerful friendships to me. Open to interpretation, as stories are, but they generally don't feel as blatant as people say.
    Honestly, it’s really annoying that you can’t have two characters of the same gender be close friends anymore without weirdos on the internet concluding that they must have romantic feelings toward one another and proceed to write fanfiction and draw pictures of them making out or worse.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

If Kitty is bi, you'll never get it in the books since nearly almost every writer who got her (Whedon, Bendis and Guggs) has her as their waifu and she can only be with their self insert. It's a trend I can see continuing for years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Honestly, it’s really annoying that you can’t have two characters of the same gender be close friends anymore without weirdos on the internet concluding that they must have romantic feelings toward one another and proceed to write fanfiction and draw pictures of them making out or worse.
    I guess “weirdos on the internet” include Chris Claremont then.

Extraordinary Member

Agree 100%. It seems like it;s impossible in fiction for 2 people to just be friends, regardless of who is what gender. The whole thing just devalues the whole concept of friendship.

Don't see an issue when even her creator envisioned her to bisexual and was likely stopped because society wasn't very accepting at the time.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I agree, and I’d also extend it to hetero pairs; it’s so refreshing to read a strong platonic friendship between a male and female character, but too often it becomes fodder for internet communities to argue about who’s ending up with who. As far as Kitty goes, she belongs to Marvel not Claremont; as much as some people might like her to be confirmed as bi or something, Marvel has the final say, for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    This. Is there a heroic female character he wrote for any length of time who wasn't teased as bi? It comes across more like a fetish than inclusiveness.
    Jean? I dont recall him writing her as one

This is pure BS, they way you say looks like there is 3498934 lGBT ships out there

let people ship, I don't understand the problem

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    LOL yeah
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-10-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Agree 100%. It seems like it;s impossible in fiction for 2 people to just be friends, regardless of who is what gender. The whole thing just devalues the whole concept of friendship.
    I don't have a problem with it, as long as they remenber that their interpretation, is just that, canon doesn't have alling with fanon, wich sadly many don't seem to understand, it goes beyond shipping too, the Dragon Ball fanbase are incredibly enttitled with their fan theories and dissmising actual canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean? I dont recall him writing her as one
    Jean seems one of the exceptions, really unfortunate

Weirdos? You mean fans who are desperate for recognition and are tired of being queer baited? Representation matters so much. 5-7 percent of the population is gay, but there are nowhere near that many gay characters in comics (or movies or tv-shows for that matter). That is why hints that a characters might be gay (or at least bi-curious) gets so much recognition by fans - there are so few other gay characters out there for us to identify with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Considering his proclivity for tentacles...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Weirdos? You mean fans who are desperate for recognition and are tired of being queer baited? Representation matters so much. 5-7 percent of the population is gay, but there are nowhere near that many gay characters in comics (or movies or tv-shows for that matter). That is why hints that a characters might be gay (or at least bi-curious) gets so much recognition by fans - there are so few other gay characters out there for us to identify with.
    This x1000.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    *Claps* people like to act like shipping gay characters is a sin and there is a bunch of gay ships on canon.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 06-10-2018 at 10:57 AM.