Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Well, she was still a college student, but yeah significantly different than when she arrived
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Actually, Supergirl pre-Crisis was an adult by the time Crisis happened, even became an actress in a soap opera. I think it's one of those things that have changed with the times.
    I had no idea this was ever a thing. It's such a cool idea! I really love the idea of Kara as a creative type, and interested in art and culture. I won't lie, I Kara on the TV show just being a reporter bugs me. For one, it sort of demotes reporting from being a passion that Clark and Lois share to just a convenient thing you do when you wear an S on your chest.

I like the idea of her civilian identity being specifically about self discovery rather than just another side of the "never ending battle." Grant they don't have to be mutually exclusive, but you just don't see Superman family doing this sort of stuff these days because perceptions are so ridged when it comes to them.

I'll have to check some of this stuff out now.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

Older teen to young adult. Basically about midway between the Young Justice generation and the Titans. I'd actually prefer older than the Titans but that's out as I don't want her to have that many untold years of stories.

Kon93

I used to want her older teen early 20s,but now I'm going with 14 - 15.

Astonishing Member

The Supergirl I'm most familiar with these days is Melissa Benoist's interpretation, so that's kinda what informs how I envision her as a character.

My personal preference would be, in her mid-to-late teens when she arrives, and in her early twenties in the present-day. Of course, how possible that is really depends on how her timeline syncs up with the larger DC Universe timeline - something that will remain up in the air until the whole Rebirth/Doomsday Clock story plays out.

I see Supergirl as being between Dick and Tim's generations, age-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'd like Kara in Dick and Donna's generation.
    ^THIS.

100% agree. I want Kara, Dick, Donna, Garth, and Roy, (separately, Jimmy/Lar and Babs as well) to all* be about the same age at the same time.

Dick goes from Robin to Nightwing the same time that Kara goes from Supergirl to Power Gal.

And yeah, they probably do date each other (either as sidekicks and/or as grownups), much to the consternation of Clark and Bruce (if the alphas ever find out).

But if Dick is ... let's say a high school freshman when he debuts as Robin, same deal for Kara as Supergirl.

I want Kara as a founding member of the Titans.

Older teenager -16 to 18. When she is portrayed as too much older it just doesn't sound right to refer to an adult woman as girl. I understand why she has to be an adult on the TV show.
    And Cat Grant gave some lame monologue about why it is okay to call an adult woman "girl". But even there it is sort of cringe inducing to hear her called "Supergirl"

Depends on the continuity. She should be around 16 when she first debuts, but with this much history of the current continuity she should be close to her mid-twentie But things are still a gigantic mess in that arena. Superman Reborn should have aged her significantly, but they blew that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-09-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

It seems like Bendis aged her up a bit with Man of Steel and now in her own book. She looks early 18-early 20's and seems more mature. At the start of Rebirth she was in highschool right?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    ^THIS.

100% agree. I want Kara, Dick, Donna, Garth, and Roy, (separately, Jimmy/Lar and Babs as well) to all* be about the same age at the same time.

Dick goes from Robin to Nightwing the same time that Kara goes from Supergirl to Power Gal.

And yeah, they probably do date each other (either as sidekicks and/or as grownups), much to the consternation of Clark and Bruce (if the alphas ever find out).

But if Dick is ... let's say a high school freshman when he debuts as Robin, same deal for Kara as Supergirl.

I want Kara as a founding member of the Titans.
    I feel like if there's any character who's Kara's age is defined by it would probably be whoever is Batgirl at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    It seems like Bendis aged her up a bit with Man of Steel and now in her own book. She looks early 18-early 20's and seems more mature. At the start of Rebirth she was in highschool right?
    Yep. Although I think the New 52 was still canon, and wasn't she meant to be 18-ish at the start?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah she was. She was operating in National City, living with the Danvers (who are ex-DEO agents now), and had an internship at CatCo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like if there's any character who's Kara's age is defined by it would probably be whoever is Batgirl at the time.
    I'm pretty sure the last time they teemed up it was established that Babs is definitely older than Kara (in college while Kara is in high school).

Yep. Although I think the New 52 was still canon, and wasn't she meant to be 18-ish at the start?
    Pretty sure it was closer to 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Kara is younger than Babs, but has been shown to be closer to Steph's age. And with Tim being eternally 16 now, and Steph about the same age, yeah.

Kon93

I like very orderly age groups between generations.
    Superman
    Powergirl
    SB and kara
    Jon

Fantastic Member

I'm not overly bothered exactly how old a character is at debut, in Kara's case it makes sense that she would be in her teens at this point. However, IMO is desirable avoid retcon'ing a characters age unless it's done as part of the story (Bart's age-up prior to Final Crisis, Jon Kent's recent age-up), so to my mind they should follow her aging from either pre-Crisis - from Action Comics #252, which case she is slightly older than Dick and the other Titans, or her post-Crisis origin from Superman/Batman #8 to #13 - in which she is a similar age or slightly younger than Tim (15 to his 16-18 depending on narrative or "Word of God"). The latter makes sense in a setting with a version of Power Girl and/or a youngish Superman, but the older version fits better in a mature timeline, particularly one with no Power Girl and at least one Superboy.