Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    This could have been so much better if King didn't try to explain away that scene and just simply have Bruce apologize when it's all over.

But nah. "This family communicates through violence!" Which is honestly just as fitting as it is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
    I actually can buy it, mainly because of Cassandra. Maybe I'm still thinking of her pre-reboot origin, but Cassandra was taught to communicate through violence. And Batman showed her that he could do the same. So it would make sense for him to train the rest of the family in that form of communication in case of emergencies.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I actually can buy it, mainly because of Cassandra. Maybe I'm still thinking of her pre-reboot origin, but Cassandra was taught to communicate through violence. And Batman showed her that he could do the same. So it would make sense for him to train the rest of the family in that form of communication in case of emergencies.
    Do you think King put that much thought into this reveal? Continuity isn't exactly his strong suit.

Astonishing Member

It is stupid. And it is not explaining anything for 25 issues or more just so that you have shocking moments.

That being said, I'm ... I dunno, "thrilled"? to see King actually explain something. Like, I've read his other comics. He's not bad at it. I just don't understand why Batman is devoid of any context.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Why do I expect Thomas Wayne to just streamroll through the Batfamily? I'm just not expecting them to contribute something significant at this point, especially when Bruce will probably have to do it.

Besides, who needs the Batfamily when Batman and Catwoman can seemingly go toe-to-toe with the worst of Gotham in a single night :P?

I really don't like how Romita draws Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why do I expect Thomas Wayne to just streamroll through the Batfamily? I'm just not expecting them to contribute something significant at this point, especially when Bruce will probably have to do it.
    I hope not. I hope Thomas sees the light and joins the family in the last few issues. But i fear you might be right and he might somehow beat them all up

I only have this to say -

Four more issues left after this one, hurrah!
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I only have this to say -

Four more issues left after this one, hurrah!
    Echo the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I hope not. I hope Thomas sees the light and joins the family in the last few issues. But i fear you might be right and he might somehow beat them all up
    Not sure the world is ready for Grandpa Batman as part of the family.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I haven't been keeping up with things, why are some of the family missing? I know why Ric isn't there, because he's Ric. But what about Red Hood and Spoiler? Also I thought Tim's suit was brown now, does he swap his wardrobe depending on the comic he's in?
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-14-2019 at 04:29 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Isn't communication via fighting a nod to pre-52 Cassandra Cain? I mean that's how she was taught to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with things, why are some of the family missing? I know why Ric isn't there, because he's Ric. But what about Red Hood and Spoiler? Also I thought Tim's suit was brown now, does he swap his wardrobe depending on the comic he's in?
    Jason isn't on the best terms with Bruce. This is probably before Young Justice so Tim has his old suit.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Isn't communication via fighting a nod to pre-52 Cassandra Cain? I mean that's how she was taught to communicate.
    It was handled very differently with Cass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Echo the above.
    Copy that

Not long now

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jason isn't on the best terms with Bruce. This is probably before Young Justice so Tim has his old suit.
    Hm, okay, for some reason I thought Jason and Bruce would be okay again by now. I know he was getting along with Kate, and forgave her for that time the Gotham Knights battled his team. Still doesn't explain what Spoiler is up to, what book is she in now anyway? I know Azrael is in some other team (and not core family anyway), and Batwing retired (probably because they couldn't figure-out what to do with him).

The more I'm reading this preview the more it's kinda funny how we went from the most pathetic Bruce has ever been to him going right back into "Batgod" territory, with almost no break in between. Like...come on Bruce. Don't try to flex on Selina, you already got her. Just tell Tim you're sorry.

Then again, Bane's plans have been so impossibly perfect up until this point, I suppose Batgod was the only thing that could save the day.

Man the Bat family is in a sad state. Really shows how poorly the current bat office has done these last 2 years. That whole moment just kind of falls flat for me as its just really apparent how random and unintimate that Bat Family has become.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-14-2019 at 07:49 PM.