Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Selene is old enough to be the ancestor of everyone in Nova Roma.
    Selene is old enough to be Apocalypse's VERY distant ancestor.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Selene is old enough to be Apocalypse's VERY distant ancestor.
    Would surprise me if she was the mutant genetic eve.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I liked the general story of the issue, giving Glob more character.

The woman who is angry at Nova Roma does not ring a bell and also no clue why she's targeting Nova Roma. Hope Magma will drown her in lava.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I liked the general story of the issue, giving Glob more character.

The woman who is angry at Nova Roma does not ring a bell and also no clue why she's targeting Nova Roma. Hope Magma will drown her in lava.
    She was in issue 8, which was the Nova Roma issue. Magma's father summoned her because monsters were eating the mutants who attempted to get to the nearby Krakoa gate. Magma's team investigated, got attacked by 2 of the monsters and killed them. This woman showed up at the last 2 pages of issue 8 to see the corpse of one of her 'babies' and vow revenge. Considering that her children were hunting and killing mutant children and were the ones who attacked the people who ultimately killed them, she doesn't have the right to say anyone else struck first. They literally found the remains of a mutant child in one of the monsters that attacked them, which makes it even worse since predators don't hunt if they're not hungry, and yet this one did just that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yeah..not sympathetic to that bitch and her monster children...at all. She and her brood need to be wiped out.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I dont see the benefit of destroying an entire setting like that.

Writers have forgotten how to write low stakes scenarios??

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Bad idea to have a badguy called DOX when your series is also under the DoX umbrella. And I get it, its like Fox! And the dox people! But its still kind of dumb.

Heroic doxxing people is the counter to evil doxxing people? Its kind of weird. And 'they're getting mutants hurt/killed' doesn't carry any weight anymore now that they just pop them back up at Krakoa. Its not a good enough justification for violence anymore.
    Question from a casual reader- can the dead mutants who haven't gone through the gate get brought back? Or do they need to have been through a gate on the island first? I thought that Shaw's whole point of killing Kate like he did was because she hadn't been through the gate, and thus couldn't be brought back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I dont see the benefit of destroying an entire setting like that.

Writers have forgotten how to write low stakes scenarios??
    When was the last time 2nd or 3rd stringers were in a relatively low stakes situation?

These days, it's all or nothin'. No bridge unburned.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Question from a casual reader- can the dead mutants who haven't gone through the gate get brought back? Or do they need to have been through a gate on the island first? I thought that Shaw's whole point of killing Kate like he did was because she hadn't been through the gate, and thus couldn't be brought back.
    The Gates don't have anything to do with resurrection. That's done via Cerebro. Kate's powers were screwing up her connection with the island/gates.

So the mutants harmed/killed can easily be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    When was the last time 2nd or 3rd stringers were in a relatively low stakes situation?

These days, it's all or nothin'. No bridge unburned.
    You can build high stakes with political crisis but making villains commiting genocide so easily eventually takes away the dramatic impact.

It seems that they dont know how to build villains anymore, new villain new genosha for him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    You can build high stakes with political crisis but making villains commiting genocide so easily eventually takes away the dramatic impact.

It seems that they dont know how to build villains anymore, new villain new genosha for him.
    I don't disagree. Hell, a good way to get high drama from low stakes is to have a meaningful contrast between the villain and hero(ine)s.

But hey, gotta throw bombs...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    The Gates don't have anything to do with resurrection. That's done via Cerebro. Kate's powers were screwing up her connection with the island/gates.

So the mutants harmed/killed can easily be fixed
    Ah, okay. Thanks!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ah, okay. Thanks!
    Also... Xavier would have had to download their psyches (to imprint on resurrection...and I don't think he's downloading every single mutant on Earth, just the Krakoa inhabitants...if I'm not mistaken) and their genetic DNA collected (to "customise" the egg in which the she'll is incubated). Chances are those mutants killed by DOX would have been far, far down on the list of mutants to resurrect.

I only just noticed that Glob's chickens are black, white and brown.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Also... Xavier would have had to download their psyches (to imprint on resurrection...and I don't think he's downloading every single mutant on Earth, just the Krakoa inhabitants...if I'm not mistaken) and their genetic DNA collected (to "customise" the egg in which the she'll is incubated). Chances are those mutants killed by DOX would have been far, far down on the list of mutants to resurrect.
    As far as i understood it from the white pages, he does infact download the memories of every mutant on Earth, having done so for decades and Mister Sinister somehow has a sample of every mutants DNA. What ever they agreed on it or not

Otherwise they couldn't plan on bringing back every Genoshan who died because of Cassandra Nova or Morlocks who died in the Mutant Massacre and after (like Healer). Also technicaly Xavier considers every mutant ever to be a citizen of Krakoa by default. So he could easily justify downloading their memories without their prior knowledge.

It's the reason i hope they eventualy adress on what ever mutants can demand having their memories and DNA sample removed from the protocol, if some get mad when they are brought back and learn that someone else decided on what ever they live or stay dead without being asked about it, or if Xavier considers mutants as a form public property that under law is not allowed to stay dead.

While thinking of mutants who died far in the past. I also start to wonder if Petra and Sway were actualy brought back via the protocol or if they might have been brought back by Krakoa itself, seeing how it absorbed them. It might explain their weird behaviour during X-men #10 and would make the tweet by one of the X-folks about why Thunderbird can't come back actualy true.

They can be brought back, but as shown by the X-Factor book, a whole bunch of conditions have to be met before someone is brought back and it’s only harder if someone wasn’t on the island at all.