Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Yara is selling really well, DC need to get their shit together instead of letting her hype died down.

Issue #2 sold around 53,000 units fisicaly.
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-07.html
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yara is selling really well, DC need to get their shit together instead of letting her hype died down.

That’s true but I’m seriously wondering now how much of this is COVID delay now after that recent announcement.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yea yara is a gold mine, dc needs to do better with her. She may even be able to be dc's best selling female hero if they dont screw themselves.

And I feel they will. They haven't been able to do well with Donna or Cassie. Heck even with Wonder Woman they can't do it. I do hope we get Wonder Family comic.

This is a pleasant surprise. So the character has staying power.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Yea yara is a gold mine, dc needs to do better with her. She may even be able to be dc's best selling female hero if they dont screw themselves.
    That is basically what Wonder Woman should be if DC was not so incompetent handling the character.

So is issue 3 this week?

Her and Jon seem by far the most popular of the new Trinity. I hope she sticks around.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    This is a pleasant surprise. So the character has staying power.
    She will if DC doesn’t drop the ball. I haven’t really been following why, but fill-ins and delays when you’re just three issues in is not an auspicious start. Here’s hoping they can turn this around because I really like Yara and would love to see her become a big deal in the DC Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    She will if DC doesn’t drop the ball. I haven’t really been following why, but fill-ins and delays when you’re just three issues in is not an auspicious start. Here’s hoping they can turn this around because I really like Yara and would love to see her become a big deal in the DC Universe.
    To do so might require taking Joelle off the book to be blunt, or restricting her solely to writing or art.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Her and Jon seem by far the most popular of the new Trinity. I hope she sticks around.
    A bit surprising. You'd think that "new Batman! And he is black! And he is written by cool black writer!" would be a big deal, but I don't see any hype for him... anywhere.

Extraordinary Member

Due to supply chain issues due to covid several comics, including Wonder Girl, are facing delays:

Wonder Girl #4 - October 12
    Wonder Girl #5 - November 9
    Wonder Girl #6 - November 23
    Wonder Girl #7 - December 7

To do so might require taking Joelle off the book to be blunt, or restricting her solely to writing or art.
    Joelle dropping the art is more probably than the writing duties.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    A bit surprising. You'd think that "new Batman! And he is black! And he is written by cool black writer!" would be a big deal, but I don't see any hype for him... anywhere.
    Cause he is another run-of-the-mill vigilante of Gotham and that city is already crowded.

Jon is Superman son and Yara has the brazilian mythology to play around.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I hope Nubia fares better & since she apparently seems to be part of Yara’s origin, I wonder if it would have been better to have them be the back up story to the recent WW issues and then spin them out from there.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Joelle dropping the art is more probably than the writing duties.

Cause he is another run-of-the-mill vigilante of Gotham and that city is already crowded.

Jon is Superman son and Yara has the brazilian mythology to play around.
    I don't mind Joelle just doing writing, the Adriana Melo is doing a good job on the cassie storyline.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?