Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I don't know if Marvel is ever going to give the ANAD Marvel Earth an official numerical designation, and it really doesn't matter.

Just like it doesn't matter if the posters on the board who were swearing up and down until a few months ago that the new Marvel Universe was just going to be a revamped Battleworld, and we'd never get a recognizable Marvel Earth with the usual continents and nations, or a recognizable larger solar system, universe, etc. around it, ever post their retractions now that ANAD has started to come out and made it clear they were dead wrong. Though it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    I don't know if Marvel is ever going to give the ANAD Marvel Earth an official numerical designation, and it really doesn't matter.

Just like it doesn't matter if the posters on the board who were swearing up and down until a few months ago that the new Marvel Universe was just going to be a revamped Battleworld, and we'd never get a recognizable Marvel Earth with the usual continents and nations, or a recognizable larger solar system, universe, etc. around it, ever post their retractions now that ANAD has started to come out and made it clear they were dead wrong. Though it would be nice.
    I'll wager sooner or later marvel will publish one of those handbooks which will throw out some designation, which internet people will embrace while marvel itself just sort of ignores.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Considering Web Warriors exists (meaning the multiverse exists), so it'd still probably be 616.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Do we have any information about any post-Battleworld appearance of Captain Britain? They kind of have to give some clues about the general state of the Multiverse, if they use him in a comic.

Also occurs to me that if Marvel IS calling it "Earth-8," it's really still 616 with a different name. Did everything in 616's past still happen? And did it happen to the characters we're reading today? OK, then. It's still 616; you're just calling it something else.

Sam Wilson may have changed his name from "the Falcon" to "Captain America," but he's still Sam Wilson.

At least in X-man it was stablished than the parallel earths could change their numbering if others earths were destroyed. So, (616-8=608), that means than 608 earths should have to stay destroyed to change the nomenclature.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Default The post SW mainstream marvel Earth's designation is '616'???

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-of-weirdworld

One thing I wondered right off the bat though with this new series was where is Weirdworld going to be? I was relieved to hear from [editor] Tom Brevoort that Weirdworld is part of the Marvel 616 Universe and is on Earth. It's not an alternate reality. It's not a different planet. It is as real on Marvel Earth as Spider-Man's Manhattan or the Savage Land.

Oke, so this post SW mainstream marvel Earth has chunks that originally came from other Earth's from the pre-SW Marvel Multiverse.
    These other chunks that I know of so far are;
    the domain Dystopia which Maestro rules
    the domain Weirdworld
    the domain Arcadia where A-Force resides

Also, this post mainstream marvel Earth with the designation '616' is littered with refugees who are from the original Earth-616 and some other Earths from the pre-SW Marvel Multiverse

So what does marvel comics mean with 'Universe 8'

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    If that is so, it is going to become really confusing when every superheroine and some superheroes in the MU suddenly get an identical twin...

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

There is no more Arcadia. A-Force is on whatever passes for 616-Earth. Wilson has said as much.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Ewing already used Universe 8. The Maker scheme in Paris was all so he could use souls to dig up the "corpses" of dead realities and examinate it's remains. The Old Ghost who came, Mar-i-um, calls this world 8, and comments how it's "new and shiny" compared to his own Cosmos 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Ewing already used Universe 8. The Maker scheme in Paris was all so he could use souls to dig up the "corpses" of dead realities and examinate it's remains. The Old Ghost who came, Mar-i-um, calls this world 8, and comments how it's "new and shiny" compared to his own Cosmos 5.
    That's different. The old nomenclature was used to list the parallel universes that coexisted during the same period of time. Earth 616 and Earth 1600 existed at the same time.

Mar-i-um speaks of universes that existed one after another. When Universe 1 was destroyed, Universe 2 was born, and when it was destroyed, Universe 3 came to be.

One thing I wondered right off the bat though with this new series was where is Weirdworld going to be? I was relieved to hear from [editor] Tom Brevoort that Weirdworld is part of the Marvel 616 Universe and is on Earth. It's not an alternate reality. It's not a different planet. It is as real on Marvel Earth as Spider-Man's Manhattan or the Savage Land.

Oke, so this post SW mainstream marvel Earth has chunks that originally came from other Earth's from the pre-SW Marvel Multiverse.
    These other chunks that I know of so far are;
    the domain Dystopia which Maestro rules
    the domain Weirdworld

Also, this post mainstream marvel Earth with the designation '616' is littered with refugees who are from the original Earth-616 and some other Earths from the pre-SW Marvel Multiverse

So what does marvel comics mean with 'Universe 8'
    Guess you didn't read Contest of Champions... Dystopia and the Maestro are on the remnants of Battleworld, not on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    That's different. The old nomenclature was used to list the parallel universes that coexisted during the same period of time. Earth 616 and Earth 1600 existed at the same time.

Mar-i-um speaks of universes that existed one after another. When Universe 1 was destroyed, Universe 2 was born, and when it was destroyed, Universe 3 came to be.
    Maybe he meant Multiverses.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword is Drawn's Avatar

So there's your confirmation.

Post Secret Wars Marvel's central universe is still Earth 616.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A Blog dedicated to the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword is Drawn View Post
    So there's your confirmation.

Post Secret Wars Marvel's central universe is still Earth 616.
    Come on. It was Brevoort, most of the time you can't count on what he says being official.