Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I'm not sure what Cyclops did, but I'm sure it involved a confrentation with the Inhumans. However, my theory on the escalation of the recent anti-mutant hatred is that humans with latent mutant genes are also suffering from the M-Pox. This has led to an 'AIDS' like mass paranoia that mutants are infecting everyone with their mere presence. The truth is the Terregin has always been toxic to all mutant gene carriers. So the wide consensus is that 'mutants make us sick and Inhumans don't.'
    Last edited by otipep_90; 11-05-2015 at 05:58 PM.

BANNED

@Taz It seems reasonable. If everyone was in character then it's safe to say Cyclops was the instigator of the conflict, and that alone is reason for some to consider him at fault.

Sometimes have the impression that not even writers or marvel know what to do with Cyclops is serious.
    Does not make sense make an attack months after gathering the largest mutant mob of history in the capital with a message of peace and then play a crazy terrorist but do not doubt anything by writers these days.

If had to guess say he discovered Medusa lied to everyone and BB knew what would happen to mutants and still used the T-Bomb. As no government in the world took side in favor of the mutants he lost patience and ordered his sentinels to attack Atillan. The problem with this theory is that would go against the policy of favoring the Inhumans.

Maybe it was Havok be responsible using the face of the brother to start a war with the Inhumans as Scott might have preferred to wait or negotiate before starting a war. Havok makes sense is still inverted correct? He probably launched an attack and used his brother's publicity to call mutants to fight a crusade when Scott found it was too late.

I have two theories:

1) SW: In the end, we all knew that Phoenix was gonna reform and Cyke tag teams with Reed/supports to mess up Doom and try to put things back. Doom gives a final FU with something that causes Reed to be gone and something to be done to Scott. Like say, the "one who wants to save the Dream shall destroy it" curse and during the big moment, it ALL FALLS DOWN. And since no one remembers Battleworld/knows of Doom's revenge and things just add up so well with Scott f*king up and the rrhate still there, we have the problem now.

2) Kang: Whatever happens in those 8 months, Black Bolt wants his son back from Kang. Cyke gives add with Alex along for the ride to save Katie/some other reason. In their big operation it goes wrong, as it goes, and Kang gets vindictive. Any time, any place, just some movements and bam! Messed up Mists and Scott left holding the bag and incapacitated at the moment. Now Cyke will clear his name with his Inhuman allies in a race against the Time Master himself.

Whaddya think?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I would write something like this:

After the whole T-mist starts to infect the mutants they wanted to start a war on its own. Cyclops saw that and took the lead and staged his own dead in battle to end the war
    and the X-Men are still bitchy about Cyclops killing Xavier.

Accidentally he died for real but after adult Jean resurrected herself , she did it also for her husband after she rejected/sealed most of the Phoenix-force.
    After that they go to the X-men to join them but it end in an argument what do you have against my husband ? (Jean: most of it was also my plan)

So they take vacation for another few issues.
    EDIT: Naturally into space visiting the Starjammers and pregnant Deathbird.

The whole story until the left the X-Men could fill a 6 issues mini-series.
    Cyclops and Phoenix in space could be picked up if the first 6 issues sell well
    Last edited by TakoM; 11-05-2015 at 09:03 PM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

He does nothing wrong.

He just shoulders the blame because he's awesome and Mutantkind forever owes him.

Rachel couldn't ask for a better father.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I have two theories:

1) SW: In the end, we all knew that Phoenix was gonna reform and Cyke tag teams with Reed/supports to mess up Doom and try to put things back. Doom gives a final FU with something that causes Reed to be gone and something to be done to Scott. Like say, the "one who wants to save the Dream shall destroy it" curse and during the big moment, it ALL FALLS DOWN. And since no one remembers Battleworld/knows of Doom's revenge and things just add up so well with Scott f*king up and the rrhate still there, we have the problem now.

2) Kang: Whatever happens in those 8 months, Black Bolt wants his son back from Kang. Cyke gives add with Alex along for the ride to save Katie/some other reason. In their big operation it goes wrong, as it goes, and Kang gets vindictive. Any time, any place, just some movements and bam! Messed up Mists and Scott left holding the bag and incapacitated at the moment. Now Cyke will clear his name with his Inhuman allies in a race against the Time Master himself.

Whaddya think?
    I like both theories, but I think the first one is the least likely to happen in any capacity. The whole story with the Phoenix Egg was largely a story developed by Rick Remender and Jonathan Hickman. But both of them are leaving Marvel so chances are, that story is being completely dropped. I doubt there will be any Phoenix activity or sub-plots after Secret Wars. And I think it's more likely that Marvel will build Cyclops' actions on a mutant/Inhuman war. That seems to be the narrative they're trying to develop and anything involving Doom or the Phoenix just wouldn't fit.

The second theory, however, is brilliant in that it effectively incorporates Cyclops into the plot of Uncanny Inhumans. I think this would definitely work. Kang has already shown that he can and will involve himself in mutant issues, as he did with the Apocalypse Twins during Uncanny Avengers. So Cyclops getting involved, especially with Havok's recent clash with Kang, makes a lot of sense. Kang, being a cunning strategist, could orchestrate some event that keeps Cyclops from rallying the entire mutant race against him. That would force Cyclops to work with the Inhumans to take on Kang and undo what he did. It would also explain why he's been shown in the teasers for Uncanny Inhumans. It explains so much and makes so much sense. Therein lies the problem though. It makes sense. That's usually a deal-breaker with Marvel, especially when it comes to Cyclops. They seem intent on making him a villain and this just wouldn't help with that. It's sad, but that's kind of what we've come to expect from Marvel these days.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    I would write something like this:

After the whole T-mist starts to infect the mutants they wanted to start a war on its own. Cyclops saw that and took the lead and staged his own dead in battle to end the war
    and the X-Men are still bitchy about Cyclops killing Xavier.

Accidentally he died for real but after adult Jean resurrected herself , she did it also for her husband after she rejected/sealed most of the Phoenix-force.
    After that they go to the X-men to join them but it end in an argument what do you have against my husband ? (Jean: most of it was also my plan)

So they take vacation for another few issues.
    EDIT: Naturally into space visiting the Starjammers and pregnant Deathbird.

The whole story until the left the X-Men could fill a 6 issues mini-series.
    Cyclops and Phoenix in space could be picked up if the first 6 issues sell well
    I would be on board with this. I would love to see another Cyclops and Phoenix mini-series as well. I thought that series was highly underrated from back in the day. All that said, I doubt it will happen for reasons I stated in the previous post.

I think Remender and Hickman were the ones who wanted to explore Cyclops' connection to the Phoenix. But since they're both leaving Marvel, that story will be dropped. It's a shame too because I think Cyclops showed he can use the Phoenix pretty effectively in the first issue of Secret Wars. And in a conflict with the Inhumans, it would definitely make for a major spectacle. It would also create an incident on a level that would affect global perceptions of mutants. So on paper, it's perfect. But its biggest flaw is that it uses the Phoenix Force. And Marvel has given no indication that it wants to save any element of the Phoenix that Hickman and Remender explored.

On top of that, this gets adult Jean Grey into the mix. And as much as I'd love to see her get caught up in this, Marvel is dead set against getting her involved in any way. They're more focused on developing O5 Jean Grey as a character, minus all the Phoenix baggage. I can't say I blame them, but I think this would also be a great time to get her back into the picture. I'd much rather read about her and Cyclops dealing with the Phoenix than seeing Cyclops become more and more a villain. Whatever happened to just using real villains? Why do they have to all be fallen heroes these days? It makes no sense, but I think it still makes too much sense for Marvel to ever pursue.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

What'd he do? First, he was the tired old stick in the mud/authoritarian Xavier lickspittle that he was for 40 years. Then the Quesadas/Brevoorts of the world started subtly marginalizing and dismantling the X-universe and mutantkind in general.

Then the writers (to their credit) wrote Cyclops as someone in his situation as a leader of mutantkind would act after watching his people continually suffer attack after attack after attack, each one worse than the last, burying children, and facing multiple extinction level threats. And instead of being seen as the villain (as may have been intended by editors/higher-ups, especially and coming to a head in AvX), he became hugely popular.

He became the new Wolverine. And after they went through the trouble of wiping away everything that made Logan a compelling character (his heel turn did seem to stick, outside of his hardcore fanbase, though the previous 30 years of oversaturation probably helped) and killing him off. That's Cyclops' unforgivable sin.

I'm not sure what it'll end up being, I have my doubts they even know, but they'll make sure to get the job done right this time and make this villain thing stick. And should Magik, Storm, Colossus, or anybody else who'll still be getting panel time step up and take that spotlight away from non-Disney Cinematic U characters they'll get the same treatment.

Well, if the track record of the "Cyclops is evil" stories is anything to go by, then what actually happened was this:

During a worldwide broadcast and after seeing that no one did anything to help the mutants, he said: "The normal humans can go and die in a ditch for all I care.", but everyone knows understood it as: "I will kill all normal humans and then I will get rid of the bodies in a ditch.", and then SHIELD showed up and vaporized him with a Helicarrier.

One In An Infinity amoretpax199's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Actually, what I was thinking is that the Terrigen Cloud kills and sterilizes mutants without the need of anybody tampering with it. It just does that, either by accident or because Maximus found it funny.

However, Cyclops doesn't know that. He probably didn't know that the Terrigen Cloud was the source of the plague. He just thought that it was something like the Legacy Virus, an anti-mutant bio-weaon, released by the government.

So, in order to stop it, he tries something very dangerous. A gamble. Something similar to when he wanted Hope to become the new Phoenix, or when he used the Legacy Virus against the Skrull.

Cyclops gets some sample of Mr. Sinister's virus (Beast probably stored a few samples somewhere), mass produces it, and threatens the government: "If you don't release a cure for the plague that is killing mutants, I will release this virus that turns humans into mutants, and all of you will become mutants, get infected with the plague and die".

But the govenrment doesn't know sh*t about the mutant plague. They can't release the cure because they don't have it. So they call every superhero they can find and tell them to stop Cyclops.

Cyclops believes that the government thinks that he's bluffing, so he feels forced to make a demonstration: He releases Mr. Sinister's virus in the middle of an anti-mutant demonstration, and temporaly turns a couple hundreds of thousands of humans into mutants. However, Cyclops has miscalculated: the change is temporary, but before those people revert to humans, the Terrigen Plague affects and kills a few thousands of them. Cyclops is considered a dangerous terrorist and mass murderer.

Later, when it is revealed that the Terrigen Cloud is the cause of the plague, Cyclops declares war on them and demands a cure, but Medusa doesn't have it, so they fight and Cyclops gains a new batch of enemies.

The Avengers, the X-Men, the Inhumans and every other superhero group gang on Cyclops, and he is thrown into a dimensional gate or whatever. But it's too late, the damage is done: Humans have come to believe that mutation is a plague, and that mutants are willingly spreading it.
    This is actually a very good theory.

Spectacular Member dark phoenix's Avatar

During Cyclops' rally, Knaye jumped on stage and grabbed the mic, saying that Beyoncé really deserves to be leading this rally (cause we all know she has to be a mutant). Kim starts whining on the sidelines and Scott blasts her good, thus causing Keeping Up with the Kardashians to be cancelled and becoming public enemy #1.
    "Cyclops was RIGHT!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    He does nothing wrong.

He just shoulders the blame because he's awesome and Mutantkind forever owes him.

Rachel couldn't ask for a better father.
    I don't know, I'd want a father who was older than I was and had some semblance of a personality, but that's just me.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Cyclops killed Blackbolt's crazy brother.

I would be 100% ok with this.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I don't know, I'd want a father who was older than I was and had some semblance of a personality, but that's just me.
    Cyclops is older than Rachel and his personality as well as always being right is why the MU is so jelly of him.