Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Who doesn’t?

I can’t look at a thread even remotely related to Spider-Man without someone bringing up OMD! It’s ridiculous!!!!!
    Today's issue literally had Peter planning to propose to MJ, and he would have if the plot hadn't happened, stopping him from seeing her off at the airport. I think it's fair to expect OMD to come up in this thread, buddy.

And I think we can officially state that Kindred has an interest in the marriage - since he encouraged Mysterio to make his movie, and from the way he was talking it's clear t was to separate Peter & MJ and stopping this exact thing.

I wonder what Chameleon is looking for in particular, when he was asking about a hiding place? Fury's still up on the moon, so I doubt he's gunning for him personally, but I bet his hideouts probably have a lot of dangerous stuff. I wonder if he got a nudge from Kindred...

Wasn't too hot on this issue's art until I saw May lookin' like a snack.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Getting back to the issue, I enjoyed it. I think it was the best issue of the last three by far. I can, however, understand the frustration of those who did not like it because of the MJ/Peter engagement tease.

I can't help but wonder if these events will play a role in the upcoming Black Cat Annual (in which Spidey allegedly will marry Black Cat)? Perhaps our boy Peter is on the rebound and ends up proposing to Felicia instead?

Spencer, you have my full interest back which was waning after the past couple of issues. Bravo on a job well done.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Every issue. Every god dang issue turns ugly with these boards. I'm starting to hate it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

I can't help but wonder if these events will play a role in the upcoming Black Cat Annual (in which Spidey allegedly will marry Black Cat)? Perhaps our boy Peter is on the rebound and ends up proposing to Felicia instead?
    lol

yeah...NO.

it's black cat annual, not spider-man. if this were ever to be an actual in-canon plot for peter parker it would happen in spider-man. carlie cooper has shown up more in peter's books than felicia has recently.

i agree spencer is firing on all cylinders. he can have all my money.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 09-11-2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: adding recently

A bunch of posts were deleted. The deleted posts were in two categories (Why do we spend so time talking about One More Day? My insider contacts have told me what's going on inside Marvel!)

With the first set of posts, it's off-topic (What you thought of the issue is on-topic, What you want to see in the future is still connected to your opinion of the actual issue, Complaining about other people's attitudes has nothing to do with the merits of the issue/ material.)

With the posts about inside knowledge, it's off-topic, unverifiable, and sets a bad precedent. Anyone can make up stuff, and we have no idea if someone who knows people in the industry has an accurate understanding of what they think (or if the people they're talking to have an accurate understanding of the views of the higher-ups.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I agree spencer is firing on all cylinders. he can have all my money.
    Agreed. And I think he's just getting warmed up.

All-New Member

Apologies if I came off too negative. I have been reading a lot of 60s and 70s spidey lately and every issue is him down and out. So this is just another time that Parker luck/responsibility got in the way.

With that said, it was nice to see Pete in his own book for a change, because he has felt like a guest star lately.

BANNED

This story was very well written albeit the art wasn't good. That speech which Aunt May gave to Peter about what love is reminds me of that speech that Scott Free and Big Barda had in Tom King's Mister Miracle where Scott and Barda talk about what being in a marriage and having that commitment and living with that means.

But you know this story runs into a problem that all Post-OMD stories runs into. It would have worked far better if it had been written before the marriage than after it. We know for the fact that Peter did get it right and that it worked and the reasons it didn't happen isn't because of him as a character but because of outside interference, and that his character is operating in ignorance.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Today's issue literally had Peter planning to propose to MJ, and he would have if the plot hadn't happened, stopping him from seeing her off at the airport. I think it's fair to expect OMD to come up in this thread, buddy.
    Yeah even the final line of the issue is a OMD wink and nod. "Some other day" cause they knew fans seeing that page with him mentioning a day and being sad about not proposing to MJ again would make fans think of OMD.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I really enjoyed the issue, though I was of course frustrated that it wasn't to be with the ring. Though the fact that Spencer is actually setting things up is a very good sign. I hope he's got a long term plan and can bring this all home to a great ending. The way it's selling is promising!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Wasn't too hot on this issue's art until I saw May lookin' like a snack.
    Art reminded me a lot of Stuart Immonen's style, so I really liked that about it.

As for the issue itself, I know the contents are very *controversial* especially regarding this forum, but I think they did this in exactly the right way. With how much baggage there is, they aren't gonna drop something like a proposal so suddenly, its gonna be teased out throughout a period of time. And Spencer is someone who's shown to be self-aware, but fully commit to the stories he's telling, so I think its safe in saying this will pay off in some major way.

That last scene between them is the important piece that brings it all together. Where most of the stories like this would've ended with them leaving and not saying anything with just that lingering of anxiety or doubt, they have the phone call to show that, despite those deep feelings they have, their connection is still there, which is very good to know.

Honestly my one main critique is how sudden Teresa's return is. "Oh yeah she's back and I introduced her to Aunt May off panel". Felt like that deserved to be in one of the actual issues previously.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Honestly my one main critique is how sudden Teresa's return is. "Oh yeah she's back and I introduced her to Aunt May off panel". Felt like that deserved to be in one of the actual issues previously.
    Peter makes it clear that he didn't tell Aunt May she's his sister. So I think Spencer will eventually bury that thread for good.

I don't care about the rest of it: this was a damn good issue. The dialogue is well written, the art was solid, the characterization was magnificent. This was a good Spider-Man book I was looking for in a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I don't care about the rest of it: this was a damn good issue. The dialogue is well written, the art was solid, the characterization was magnificent. This was a good Spider-Man book I was looking for in a while.
    It's certainly one of Spencer's strongest single issues. No arcs, no subplots, just the characters. I mean it sets up some threads but this is basically standalone. No Kindred/Mysterio/Boomerang here.