Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

It wasn't just those three that left though.

Yeah, Kamala went away because she found out about her own averted death. Miles left because he felt guilty over the deal, and Amadeus because of Agents of Atlas (notably, Kamala quit the former Protectors team for that exact same reason, she couldn't be in two places at once). But there was also Wasp, who took a sabbatical because of her bipolar diagnosis, Ironheart, who was annoyed at Viv for trying to kiss her, and Nova, who went off into space to get his helmet back, not realising that it was on Earth (and Peter Parker knew - why the hell didn't he get Miles to pass the message on!?!). Viv and Snowguard were the only ones left from the volume 2 team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    This might have already been discussed but who does everyone think will be the Champions’ new writer? I’m hoping for Eve Ewing but idkkkk
    Could it be that you're right?

INCOMING #1

Written by AL EWING. DAN SLOTT, CHIP ZDARSKY, KELLY THOMPSON, GREG PAK,

EVE L. EWING, MATT ROSENBERG, ED BRISSON, SALADIN AHMED, TINI HOWARD,

JONATHAN HICKMAN, GREG PAK, DONNY CATES & JASON AARON

Art by HUMBERTO RAMOS, JIM CHEUNG AND MORE

Cover by PATRICK GLEASON

ONE WILL UNITE THEM!

A mysterious murder brings together the heroes of the Marvel Universe in the search for a killer – but no one can imagine where the trail will lead, or how it will affect everything in 2020 and beyond! Who is the victim and who is the assailant?

The closing chapter to MARVEL’s 80th year, which will connect the dots of everything that happened in 2019 and propel the narrative into the year that is to come! Featuring the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Daredevil, Spider-Man, the Champions, the Agents of Atlas, Valkyrie, the Immortal Hulk, Jessica Jones, Venom, Ghost Rider, the Masked Raider and more!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd be good with Eve Ewing taking up Champions, especially since she's gotten a chance to write a few of them in Ironheart. Now that I think about it maybe those issues were a bit of practice before she took over.

Please, All-God Cebulski, let Ewing flesh out the Ten Rings and its members in a bigger book and wrap up the Ultron dog thing. And pls give Ramirez or someone like him the book.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I think it's safe to say Riri's solo won't last much longer. Miles and Kamala sell well enough, but she's doing worse than the team. Considering Zub's Champions run ends next issue, no way a solo doing worse will survive, sadly.
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-08.html

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Much as I like Riri's book, I get the feeling it'll be ending with Issue #12.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think it's safe to say Riri's solo won't last much longer. Miles and Kamala sell well enough, but she's doing worse than the team. Considering Zub's Champions run ends next issue, no way a solo doing worse will survive, sadly.
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-08.html
    Well, at least it's not Ahmed, but I guess the character/property can play a big part in sales even when they're arguably very popular.

Ironheart is doing about what I expected.

Yeah, Ironheart is cancelled.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...fter-incoming/

But it's strongly hinted that Eve Ewing isn't done with the character. Which I'd already guessed.

Wonder if they might have her do something Champions-related as a mini. Have they clarified what the Incoming tie-in for the Champions characters is yet?

Whatever it is, everything in that issue is connected to stuff that'll happen next year. We don't know if it'll be an ongoing or not, but I'm almost certain she's doing SOMETHING with the team.

Incredible Member

Enjoyed her work, regardless of how people felt about her getting a solo title to write, they can't say she isn't a comic book writer anymore. Shes a bonafide comic writer in every sense of the word.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    Enjoyed her work, regardless of how people felt about her getting a solo title to write, they can't say she isn't a comic book writer anymore. Shes a bonafide comic writer in every sense of the word.
    When she got hired-she got a photo of her face with a noose around it by a certain group.

Yet when the first issue came out-that SAME group-gave her PRAISE and PROPS for what she did.

She used folks who were already around instead of making new ones.

At various time on Amazon Kindle that book out did BATMAN among other top guns.

Endgame Riri has 4 volumes of trades. That is nothing to laugh at.

Extraordinary Member

Why did the Champions never get a real HQ?

They sort of did have an HQ; They just hung out at Cho's house and they had the flying bunker (which is destroyed now). Plus since the team is mostly teenager's living with their parents they don't really need a base where they stay at all the time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    They sort of did have an HQ; They just hung out at Cho's house and they had the flying bunker (which is destroyed now). Plus since the team is mostly teenager's living with their parents they don't really need a base where they stay at all the time.
    Don't need to stay all the time...but as a central location to get together.