Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Weakest Hero Who Can Beat These Spider-Rogues

Khazan Arena, usual defaults. Replace Spider-man with the weakest hero who can win a fight against everybody else in this picture:

Man Wolf's scale of power is pretty intentionally all over the place as part of his shtick (he's not Solomon Grundy bad, but he can see the land of Grundy without a telescope, I put it like that). How oomphed is he for purposes of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Man Wolf's scale of power is pretty intentionally all over the place as part of his shtick (he's not Solomon Grundy bad, but he can see the land of Grundy without a telescope, I put it like that). How oomphed is he for purposes of this thread?
    To keep this from devolving into a Who Can Beat Stargod fight, let's cap him out at baseline Man-Wolf powers before he got the big power-up in Marvel Premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    To keep this from devolving into a Who Can Beat Stargod fight, let's cap him out at baseline Man-Wolf powers before he got the big power-up in Marvel Premiere.
    I mean even just as Man Wolf he's had in character his ups and downs of power oomph (he's one of those rare characters where all over the place showings completely make sense for him basically), but original baseline I suppose would get rid of those.

I feel like the right mid-range hero could handle this group, but it's tough to find a good match. DC tends to be lacking in mid-range folks. There are plenty of glass cannon types that could blast the whole group but would get taken out first by Green Goblin. A medium-heavy brick like Ben Grimm or Colossus could endure any of their attacks but might fall to mesmerism by Dracula. Iron Fist is quick enough, and could spam off a chi blast that would knock this group down, then dodge around and take out the tougher ones with his Iron Fist punch. Mimic feels like a cheat, because even at half-power, the right combination of Omega-level mutants would be pretty nasty. Current Iron Man could easily mop up this group, but maybe bronze age Iron Man (the classic Mark IV suit) would be a little too weak.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

What is Man Wolf's gimmick exactly? I've never encountered the character before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What is Man Wolf's gimmick exactly? I've never encountered the character before.
    He's J Jonah Jameson's son who is sometimes a werewolf, sometimes a kind of cosmic being, and sometimes a really powerful werewolf.

It varies.

He's J Jonah Jameson's son who is sometimes a werewolf, sometimes a kind of cosmic being, and sometimes a really powerful werewolf.

It varies.
    0_o

I feel like we missed a step there somewhere.

Is this all the same powerset or did he like... host the uniforce or something at some point?

Aaaalll the same powerset.

Comics baby!

I mean I could try to explain it in a way that would make sense of it, but honestly it totally would not make sense of it.

Let us simply say that John Jameson is sometimes an alien werewolf with wild power fluctuations and find that part of the hilarious potential of this medium we read.

Aaaalll the same powerset.

Comics baby!
    Fucc yes.

i love it.

One last question, who is the strongest person Man Wolf has thrown down with and please tell me it's the Silver Surfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Fucc yes.

i love it.

One last question, who is the strongest person Man Wolf has thrown down with and please tell me it's the Silver Surfer.
    A Thanos clone.

No, really.

A Thanos clone.

No, really.
    That has made my entire evening. Great stuff!

I feel like the right mid-range hero could handle this group, but it's tough to find a good match. DC tends to be lacking in mid-range folks. There are plenty of glass cannon types that could blast the whole group but would get taken out first by Green Goblin. A medium-heavy brick like Ben Grimm or Colossus could endure any of their attacks but might fall to mesmerism by Dracula. Iron Fist is quick enough, and could spam off a chi blast that would knock this group down, then dodge around and take out the tougher ones with his Iron Fist punch. Mimic feels like a cheat, because even at half-power, the right combination of Omega-level mutants would be pretty nasty. Current Iron Man could easily mop up this group, but maybe bronze age Iron Man (the classic Mark IV suit) would be a little too weak.
    Depending on how medium heavy the brick is, a good starting thunderclap is going to stagger a whole lot of them, allowing the brick to then close and make with the punches on the worst threats.

(I wanted to take a moment to take things seriously instead of going on about the Ballad of Man-Wolf)

Khazan Arena, usual defaults. Replace Spider-man with the weakest hero who can win a fight against everybody else in this picture:

Could Cass Cain do it? She could hit everyone off the top with bat belt stuff, then take out the heavy hitters with pressure points?