Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post

"And to further assist you," The Monitor states, rising from his chair. "I'll bring someone from my force, my Wanderers, who currently have an equally important task. Clark Sparks! Heed my call! Always wanted to say that."

In a FWAAASH, he appears!

"Help prepare these... individuals for the job ahead."
    Clark looks back at The Monitor and gives him a polite nod of the head, then turns to face the group of beings assembled before him.

"Ullo, as you heard The Monitor say, my name is Clark Sparks, but I also go by Superman, though the 'S' makes that pretty obvious, don't it?" he asks, his voice tinted with a British accent.

"Like you all, I am working with The Wanderers to find artifacts of power that can help The Monitor stave off the progressing anti-matter force. Every single one of you were called forth due to The Wanderers and I encountering some people who aren't fans of existence, to put it lightly. They call themselves The Suicide Squad and have thrown in their lot with The Anti-Monitor. Now, I know a lot of you are still getting your bearings, or even feel wary about this whole situation, but I can tell from the look of this group that won't stop you. My mother told me that a hero acts in spite of their misgivings, their doubts about themselves. My father taught me that the concepts of truth and justice reach far and wide, and in this instance, justice prevailing is making sure all of existence lives" Clark told the assembled heroes, sounding like the Superman some of them might know, bold, inspiring and courageous.

Now, if any of you have further questions, I'll do my best to answer them" he said, flashing a smile to the group.
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-16-2015 at 03:02 AM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Clark looks back at The Monitor and gives him a polite nod of the head, then turns to face the group of beings assembled before him.

"Ullo, as you heard The Monitor say, my name is Clark Sparks, but I also go by Superman, though the 'S' makes that pretty obvious, don't it?" he asks, his voice tinted with a British accent.

"Like you all, I am working with The Wanderers to find artifacts of power that can help The Monitor stave off the progressing anti-matter force. Every single one of you were called forth due to The Wanderers and I encountering some people who aren't fans of existence, to put it lightly. They call themselves The Suicide Squad and have thrown in their lot with The Anti-Monitor. Now, I know a lot of you are still getting your bearings, or even feel wary about this whole situation, but I can tell from the look of this group that won't stop you. My mother told me that a hero acts in spite of their misgivings, their doubts about themselves. My father taught me that the concepts of truth and justice reach far and wide, and in this instance, justice prevailing is making sure all of existence lives" Clark told the assembled heroes, sounding like the Superman some of them might know, bold, inspiring and courageous.
    Or in Lobo's case, a self-righteous boy scout know-it-all. 'The Suicide Squad? Sound like a total ray o' sunshine.Lobo had a growling London accent, mostly growling due to years of chain smoking. He lit a cigar. 'Yay, truth n' justice. I'm just into explosions, drinks and killing things. And saving the world so I can continue that cycle. By the way, the name's Lobo the Duck. And yes, it technically means Wolf the Duck. But if you have a problem with it, you can take it up with Crystal and Veronica.
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
    "So what happened? Did this woman appear before you and tell you that you were needed?" Hummingbird asked.

"You can call me Hummingbird, by the way."
    The two women shook hands.

"Ultra Rogue," she introduced herself plainly, "If your talkin' bout what just happened, ah got here same as the rest of you. One minute ah'm fightin' the Brood, the next I'm here waitin' for blondie to give us some answers."

It was then that The Monitor revealed himself, as did Roy Lincoln, to give some much needed exposition to the heroes' task.

Quote Originally Posted by The Monitor View Post
    "And now, let me properly introduce myself. I am... The Monitor!"

"And I have summoned you here because your universes are about to die!"
    "As I was saying, your universes are in peril. A force wall of anti-matter is constantly expanding, engulfing universes in its path, destroying all life. Already over a thousand universes have been lost. If we do not act, it will reach each of your worlds, and each will die."
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Lincoln & Harbinger View Post
    "We have a simple task before us. Within the multiverse that spawned this Monitor and this Anti-Monitor are objects of power. This satellite will traverse universes and, with your help, we can claim these artifacts and halt the progress of the anti-matter force. Will you help us?"

After they all come around, Harbingers adds, "For now, you should rest for the trials to come. I am able to duplicate myself. Anywhere you travel within this station, one of my bodies will be near you. Simply ask, and I will assist you."
    "Ya'll just fillin' us heroes with the hope we need to save the day," Rogue remarked with no subtlety. She levitated into the air to get a look at Harbinger and Monitor up close on the balcony above. Close enough for a little bit of posturing, to say the least.

"Now, Roy seems like he's real gen-u-ine, but forgive me if'n I don't trust the two a' you a lick." She pointed two fingers at her own eyes, and back at The Monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weaver View Post
    The Weaver perked up at the first of the Monitor's words, stopping his internal gospel and ignoring the appearance of the Harbinger's duplicates.

...AH MONITOR FROM ONE ARTIST TO ANOTHER I MUST POINT OUT THAT ALL WORLDS ARE ALTERNATIVE WORLDS TO SOMEONE ONE WORLD CANNOT HAVE GREATER IMPORTANCE OVER ANY OTHER FROM ANY ONE PERSPECTIVE AN INFINITE NUMBER OF BEAUTIFUL LOCALES AND REALMS MAY BE MISLABELED AS LESSER YOU MUST SEE THAT THE WORLDFABRIC CANNOT SURVIVE WITHOUT EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF STRING...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg Sage View Post
    Cyborg Sage would have been quiet when people started arguing and new individuals arrived. She tried to scan the individuals in the room but the majority of them came up blank. Even so she'd stand arms crossed trying to assess the situation.
    The cyborg was soon joined by Rogue, casually leaning against the wall next to her. There was something familiar about her... but she couldn't quite place it. Rogue jerked a thumb towards The Weaver, smirking.

"Can't say ah ever met somebody who sayin' so much yet sayin' nothin' at all. Place takes all kinds."

Quote Originally Posted by The Monitor
    "And to further assist you," The Monitor states, rising from his chair. "I'll bring someone from my force, my Wanderers, who currently have an equally important task. Clark Sparks! Heed my call! Always wanted to say that."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks View Post

Now, if any of you have further questions, I'll do my best to answer them" he said, flashing a smile to the group.
    With an almost unshakable confidence, Ultra Rogue strode over to Clark. She struck a familiar T-Pose and upturned her head just slightly.

"Sugah, why not just point me at this 'Suicide Squad'? Ah'll cut loose on 'em and have your artifact hunt finished faster'n a jack rabbit in heat."

Prologue 2

The travel to Camelot was a short journey, and Arak's delegation was accorded full courtesy and royal treatment. When they reached the Round Table, Arak saw the noble Knights, looking haggard, worn, dispirited. He saw Arthur, great enemy of the Saxons and Norsemen over which he ruled, as a former shell of himself, distracted, thin voiced, almost ... broken. The seat by his side, as well as one on the Round Table, were both noticeably empty. And even Angelica, practiced in the most mailicious and ambitious arts of witchery, shivered when she saw Arthur's creepy little son, his half-sister Morgaine LeFay, and the Demon Etrigan who was now allied with the entire court.

"Announcing King Arak Magnus, Heir of King Charlemagne, High Jarl of the Norsemen - and his high council, the Lady Angelica of White Cathay, Malagigi the Wise, and Jon Haraldson, Viking Prince, regent in the North."

Both the Court, the delegations and Arak's Council bowed in respect. They were bid to sit and eat. While Malagigi greeted his friend Merlin, Arak took a seat at the dais of honor next to Arthur, to Jim Rook the Night Master, the Warlord of Skartaris, and Arion of Atlantis.

Soon the conversation among the leaders turned to The Crisis.

"My counselors tell me there's no use and no hope." Jim Rook said.

"Well I disagree," Travis Morgan countered. "My daughter is Sorceress of Skartaris. Her omens tell us there IS hope, and that it's going to be found here, in this Court, in this assemblage. But the absence of Lady Amethyst is bothering me."

"Quite frankly, we don't have perfect information!" This from the woman known as Starfire, who hailed from the Moon just as Travis Morgan hailed from inside the Earth. "And my lands don't have sorcery. The reputation and honor of all of your wizards is less than sterling. How am I to know this "Crisis" is not a trap of some kind, some bid for conquest from one or more of you?"

The dais soon erupted into spirited argument over who was correct and what the best way to meet the coming Crisis was. Arak withdrew from the blustering to observe and think. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"A private word, Arak, if I may."

The hand on his shoulder was that of Arion, Lord of Atlantis.

To Be continued...
    Last edited by Indigo Al; 06-16-2015 at 09:31 AM.

---

On an island, the woman known as Circe has surrounded herself with her hybrid subjects. She takes a sip of wine. Suddenly, a burst of energy comes forth from a chamber wall. A form steps through it. "Circe, we have need of you. You feel your magic will keep you protected, but you are mistaken. Come with me, so that we may yet preserve your world."

She eyes Harbinger callously. "I am going nowhere!" she shouts, and tries to grab the woman. "My hand slips through you! Why sorcery is this?" Her subjects try to spring to her aid, but before they move, Harbinger vanishes, taking Circe with her.

---

A bolt of lightning! And 14 unique individuals from multiple realities find themselves mysteriously transported to a space station in an undisclosed location. In the main chamber, deep within the Monitor's satellite, the powers have been assembled.

From a platform higher above, Harbinger speaks. "Call me Harbinger. We, myself and my allies, will address why we have brought you here shortly. Please make yourselves at home. By the nature of what we plan to do, you will be here for a lengthy period of time. Call my name, and I will address any questions you have about this place, or each other."

"...I can think of many names to call you."

"Whoa, there's no need to be so melodramatic." Everyone turns to see a man who has entered the room from behind them. On his feet are two large metallic boots that rise past his knees; they have been pulled over his red and white striped pants. Along his belt, he wears two guns, a rifle and a blaster, each currently sitting in their respective holsters--the rifle on his right, the blaster on his left. On his upper body, he wears a long-sleeved, loose-fitting red shirt with a large yellow lightning bolt crossing his chest, a bolt familiar to some of those present. On the shirt is a small pin of a top hat with a design reminiscent of the U.S. flag.

"Hi, I'm Roy Lincoln. Call me Roy." In a burst of super speed, he runs around the room, shaking each person's hand, each time saying, "Nice to meet you!"

After Roy has finished, the Monitor asks, "Are you quite through?" Roy salutes. The Monitor sighs.

"As I was saying, your universes are in peril. A force wall of anti-matter is constantly expanding, engulfing universes in its path, destroying all life. Already over a thousand universes have been lost. If we do not act, it will reach each of your worlds, and each will die."

"Then send me home! Send me back to Thanagar, so I can fight this threat myself!" Hawkman shouts.

Roy approaches him. "I brought you here, Hawkman. You and a few of the others. I know what problems you all faced and the lives you led. I assure you that your presence here will serve your homeworlds best. Please, hear us out."

The Monitor mutters to Harbinger, "I hated these worlds once. Hawkman reminds me why."

She puts a hand on his shoulder and replies, "Please be patient. They will understand."

The Monitor nods and, sitting in a chair on an elevated platform in front of them, continues. "I am a being of positive matter. It gives me power. And every universe that this anti-matter wall destroys robs me of my power. I weaken with each universe that falls."

Jimmy Kudo interjects, "So you don't care about us. You just want your power back!"

The Monitor responds, "I despised all these alternate worlds and their existences, but I made a vow to forgive their transgressions and fight for them. I can't do that if this wave of anti-matter persists. What is at stake now is bigger than my former grudges, or any animosity you might hold toward us. If we do not act, all of reality will be destroyed."
    Circe's eyes narrowed a bit at the Monitor's entrance, but she exuded warmth towards Roy Lincoln's greeting. Finally, after Jimmy Kudo spoke up, Circe interjected, "Of course. How like the supposed 'gods'... feigning benevolence, but only truly caring for themselves." The Monitor's words rang true, though, so she listened intently as he described the events occurring.

"I know what some of you are thinking," Roy chimes in. "This sounds like a problem your world has faced before and has thwarted. This one is different. Harbinger, care to help me out with some visual aids?"

"I can assist you." She walks, then stops beside him. She outstretches her right palm, and from it images fill the air as Roy describes the situation.

"This anti-matter force wave is controlled by a different Monitor, this Monitor's negative universe mirror image. For the sake of clarity and convenience, we'll call him the Anti-Monitor."

"For every universe he destroys, he gains power."

Harbinger plays the destructions of previous universes.

"Here's where this story differs from those of other universes. This Anti-Monitor learned that he can take power not just from one universe, not just a collection of universes we call a multiverse, but from all of reality. The Anti-Monitor of your world might be defeated. For some of you, this is 'your' Anti-Monitor. Either way, he needs to be stopped before he destroys everything. But I'm sounding as dramatic as The Monitor did earlier. Simply put, we need your help to stop him, to prevent more devastation."

"We have a simple task before us. Within the multiverse that spawned this Monitor and this Anti-Monitor are objects of power. This satellite will traverse universes and, with your help, we can claim these artifacts and halt the progress of the anti-matter force. Will you help us?"

After they all come around, Harbingers adds, "For now, you should rest for the trials to come. I am able to duplicate myself. Anywhere you travel within this station, one of my bodies will be near you. Simply ask, and I will assist you."
    Circe waved a hand, conjuring a pile of plush satin pillows and took a seat. In the blink of an eye, a pewter goblet appeared in her hand.

"Once again, the beings of immeasurable power need us mere peons to do their dirty work. For all your supposed might, why do you not simply summon these artifacts?

I have no desire to see innocents die due to the insipid machinations of you and your counterpart, so I will assist you for now. But be warned: Should any harm befall my kingdom due to my... abduction... and I shall find a way to... humble... you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    'The Suicide Squad? Sound like a total ray o' sunshine.
    Clark looked at the anthromorphic duck as he spoke up. He then heard him speak and thought mom would have loved him.
    "Huh, a fellow countryman.That's certainly one way to describe them Lobo, but Crystal and Veronica might not be able to help you with them, take it from someone who knows. I appreciate your courage though, duck, and you remind me of someone"" he said. Just then, a whistling noise came through the air as two black objects came soaring at Lobo's guns!

Those with super senses or reflexes would see the batarangs as Clark stuck a hand out and arced them up toward the roof to safely detonate. Clark looked over at Batman/Jimmy Kudos, who was glaring under his cowl at Lobo

"I detest guns! They're bad and you should feel bad for using them!". Clark looked at the young boy and knelt down.

"Look, Batman, I know your....apprehension towards guns myself, very clearly. However, we have no time for bickering here. We need to ally with each other so try to play nice, alright?" he asked Jimmy, putting a hand on the Caped Crusader's shoulder, who brushed him off.

I'll work with him, but that doesn't mean I have to like him, or you!" he said, frowning at Clark, who put his hands up.

"You don't have to like him Batman, but you do have to respect him. Respect goes a long way in these Crisis situations" he told Bat-Kudo as Ultra Rogue stepped up towards him. He'd heard her story as he arrived, heard all of them who had spoken, and there were some familiar faces, some unfamiliar ones. She fit into the latter, that was for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post

With an almost unshakable confidence, Ultra Rogue strode over to Clark. She struck a familiar T-Pose and upturned her head just slightly.

"Sugah, why not just point me at this 'Suicide Squad'? Ah'll cut loose on 'em and have your artifact hunt finished faster'n a jack rabbit in heat."
    From what he could see, she was hesitant to trust The Monitor, as he had been. The cosmic being wasn't the best at social interaction, but none of them were.

"I appreciate your spirit, Ultra Rogue. I can understand your skepticism about The Monitor, my comrades and I in The Wanderers felt the same at first, but when we saw the magnanimity of the situation, we put our worries aside to help save reality. While I have no doubt you're powerful, so are our foes. Even with the power coursing through your veins, I can say for sure that I'd handily defeat you if we had to fight. I can't say the same for any member of The Suicide Squad. However, with you and all the others backing us, the scales will definitely tip in our favor" he told Rogue, extending his hand for her to shake. He then eyed a table.

"If you don't believe me, we can armwrestle. Though considering what happened last time I did that, I dont think The Monitor's satellite will be standing by the time we're done"

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post

"Once again, the beings of immeasurable power need us mere peons to do their dirty work. For all your supposed might, why do you not simply summon these artifacts?

I have no desire to see innocents die due to the insipid machinations of you and your counterpart, so I will assist you for now. But be warned: Should any harm befall my kingdom due to my... abduction... and I shall find a way to... humble... you."
    Clark split off an energy double from himself to address Circe's question.

"If only it were that simple Circe. However, things like the rules of magic, along with the nature of these devices and The Monitor's waning power, makes that difficult. Wards, interdimensional seals and even possible dimensional annihilation traps mean we would only speed up the process and help The Anti-Monitor become stronger. Then, your world would be in danger and you would have to figure out a way to humble a being who's killed gods, monsters and heroes. Lord knows how many of you he's wiped from existence" he told the Sea-witch, letting it sink in.
    Last edited by Froggy; 06-16-2015 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woman View Post
    The cyborg was soon joined by Rogue, casually leaning against the wall next to her. There was something familiar about her... but she couldn't quite place it. Rogue jerked a thumb towards The Weaver, smirking.

"Can't say ah ever met somebody who sayin' so much yet sayin' nothin' at all. Place takes all kinds."
    Tessa would turn towards the woman next to her. Her facial structure and mannerisms resembled Runaway, but at the same time she was quite different."We would not have been brought here if this was a task fit for one." She stated coldly to Ultra Rogue. "The powerlevels involved would imply a dire threat indeed."

After explanations had been given, the Weaver approaches The Monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post
    ...AH MONITOR FROM ONE ARTIST TO ANOTHER I MUST POINT OUT THAT ALL WORLDS ARE ALTERNATIVE WORLDS TO SOMEONE ONE WORLD CANNOT HAVE GREATER IMPORTANCE OVER ANY OTHER FROM ANY ONE PERSPECTIVE AN INFINITE NUMBER OF BEAUTIFUL LOCALES AND REALMS MAY BE MISLABELED AS LESSER YOU MUST SEE THAT THE WORLDFABRIC CANNOT SURVIVE WITHOUT EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF STRING...
    The Monitor looks off into the distance. "Giant spider-creature, if you're right, then we've already lost."

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post
    In their brief contact, The Weaver hopped up and down and giddily shook Roy's outstretched hand with both of his own, all the while muttering metaphors and exclamations he deemed fitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    "Now, Roy seems like he's real gen-u-ine, but forgive me if'n I don't trust the two a' you a lick."
    An entry from Roy Lincoln's Satellite Journal

It is nice to be so well received. Harbinger, God bless her, can be a bit robotic. She can be friendly and emotive, but it seems hard for her. The Monitor seems to still begrudge me for even being here, even though we have worked together to combat this problem. But all these we've gathered seem to trust me. I hope I don't lose that trust after what's to come, but I won't hold it against them.

The woman Circe had good concerns, and either I or Harbinger were the best to address them. Considering Circe's noticeable hostility toward Harbinger, I decided to tackle her issues, which she explained as thus:

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post

I appeared beside her, as my speed allowed, and said, "Your majesty, if only our might were enough. If we could simply recover them ourselves, we would. You'll see once we start. Dangerous worlds and paths lie ahead. The Monitor is weakened. Harbinger will tell you herself she isn't much of a warrior. We need each of you to assist us. I can't assure you that your kingdom is safe, but I can assure your help here is far better for its long-term survival than anything you could elsewhere."

I appeared beside her, as my speed allowed, and said, "Your majesty, if only our might were enough. If we could simply recover them ourselves, we would. You'll see once we start. Dangerous worlds and paths lie ahead. The Monitor is weakened. Harbinger will tell you herself she isn't much of a warrior. We need each of you to assist us. I can't assure you that your kingdom is safe, but I can assure your help here is far better for its long-term survival than anything you could elsewhere."
    Clark gestured his thumb at Roy.

"Yeah, as Roy said" he told her, the energy double returning to his body.

Prologue 3

Arion and Arak stepped away from the dais, and outside into the royal gardens of Camelot. Though certain eyes followed them, no one dared intrude upon their conversation to come.

"Yes, Lord Arion? What is it you'd like to discuss?"

"First, Arak, my congratulations. You've arisen as a great power in our world. You command respect and fear among our august assemblage."

Arak snorted. "Come now. Are you a king or a silver-tongued court mage? I have traveled several lands. If Atlantis chose to take all of the lands of our realm, it could do so. With your magicks. With your physicks."

"Ah, but could we keep the world? And why should we want that headache? So we could end up a balkanized mess, like the Gemworld? And yet, look at what you've managed, Arion. You have united Norse and Saxon, and put an end to the pointless, sad Crusades. The wild Norse have begun weaving you into their sagas, living respectably with honor thanks to your teachings. The subjects of your empire worship as they please and are now engaged in the pleasures of work and learning and the arts."

"As if that were easy? As if I wasn't met with resistance by Crusader or Saracen alike?"

"It's being achieved with less conflict than I thought possible. The learning centers alone in the Spanish south..."

Arak sighed. "And now do you seek to hint cryptically about the New World, mage-king?"

"That's a discussion for later."

"I'm adamant that no kingdom or land approach the New World from without. Angelica has shown me ... "

"Arak," Arion raised his hand to interrupt. "There is much Atlantis could do for the New World. In a benevolent fashion. Or do you want to wait for the Aztec Empire to overrun the far reaches of the North? They are thirsty for blood sacrifices. The Quontauka among scores of other tribes would be slaughtered to the last - "

Arak glared at the King of Atlantis, his hand reaching for his Otomahuk of Uru metal. "Have I not made myself clear, Arion? I have said - "

"I'm aware of what you have said, my friend, and whether or not you're trying to be surreptitious about the power you now wield, the connections you have, it is folly to try and hide it. They say you can take to the skies like a bird in flight. That your strength is that of a score of men. That the rains ever favor the farmers of your kingdom. I am a sorcerer, and anyone with sensitivities to the occult can see the bright sheen of a Divine power about you, and about your axe."

"Otomahuk."

"Err, yes. My point is, Arak, you have immense power and influence. And Travis Morgan's daughter is correct. The hope for our world against The Crisis lies here in this court, in this gathering.

It lies with you."

"I'm weary of witch-omens. Explain what you m-****"

But he could not finish his sentence, as Arak was enveloped by a burst of energy and disappeared from before Arion's eyes.

End of Prologue

"So, the Anti-Monitor is back?" Hummingbird said. "Or is this ... another Anti-Monitor?"

She paused. She wasn't sure what to tell. Did these people know her real identity? Did they know about Wally?

"The super-hero community as a whole was hoping that we'd never see anything like the Anti-Monitor again. Not after so many worlds were destroyed, and so many died putting an end to the madness. The second Flash, Dove of Hawk and Dove, and so many others I didn't know."

"So you're Superman?" Linda asked. "You're ... different from the Superman I know."

"This Suicide Squad must be mad if they wish to not only kill themselves but take all of existence with them."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    "So, the Anti-Monitor is back?" Hummingbird said. "Or is this ... another Anti-Monitor?"

She paused. She wasn't sure what to tell. Did these people know her real identity? Did they know about Wally?

"The super-hero community as a whole was hoping that we'd never see anything like the Anti-Monitor again. Not after so many worlds were destroyed, and so many died putting an end to the madness. The second Flash, Dove of Hawk and Dove, and so many others I didn't know."

"So you're Superman?" Linda asked. "You're ... different from the Superman I know."

"This Suicide Squad must be mad if they wish to not only kill themselves but take all of existence with them."
    Clark turned to face Hummingbird.

I would hate to frustrate you all, but the answer to your first question is yes Hummingbird. With the breakdown of each reality, time and space are afflicted. Realities are distilled, bleeding into The Bleed. That's why what Roy said is so pertinent Hummingbird. For some this is their Anti-Monitor, to others he's a wholly new being. I understand not wanting to see a monster like that again, but in our profession, this is a neverending battle" he told her. She then asked if he was Superman, and mentioned the differences.

Yes, I'd imagine I would look quite different from my father. Kryptonian genes are strong though, we do have the same profile, albeit in different hues. I haven't really seen anyone like me while traveling with The Wanderers, though I have seen other offspring my father had. I like to think I'm living up to his example with the work I've done, though I have my mother's words to live up to as well. The Suicide Squad are the definition of mad, Hummingbird. a collection of tyrants, nihilists and broken but powerful people. They are a very dangerous group with nothing to lose"

Clark split off an energy double from himself to address Circe's question.

"If only it were that simple Circe. However, things like the rules of magic, along with the nature of these devices and The Monitor's waning power, makes that difficult. Wards, interdimensional seals and even possible dimensional annihilation traps mean we would only speed up the process and help The Anti-Monitor become stronger. Then, your world would be in danger and you would have to figure out a way to humble a being who's killed gods, monsters and heroes. Lord knows how many of you he's wiped from existence" he told the Sea-witch, letting it sink in.

"I already agreed to help.

Of course, of course... things are rarely simple as we'd like. Forgive my earlier concerns. But you must understand... my subjects rely on me. My magic protects and sustains them. I don't know how long I will be gone and how long the magic will last in my absence."

The woman Circe had good concerns, and either I or Harbinger were the best to address them. Considering Circe's noticeable hostility toward Harbinger, I decided to tackle her issues, which she explained as thus:

"...you and your compatriot are right. It's just, my summoning was so abrupt. Had I been given time to set up some additional failsafe spells, I'd be more confident in my kingdom's well-being.

As much as I detest the games of gods, I see this one is more than mere whim and hubris on this 'Monitor's' part.

Other than gathering energy for the upcoming trials, is there anything you would have me do? Do you suspect the members of this 'Suicide Squad' may be found through magickal means?"

The Monitor looks off into the distance. "Giant spider-creature, if you're right, then we've already lost."
    The Weaver brought a small finger to his mouth and made a familiar sound that morphed to something alien as it passed through his mandibles.

...SHHHH SHHEHSHHH SHHHHEHEHSHEE NOT TO WORRY NOT TO WORRY MONITOR OF US MONITOR OF MANY MONITOR OF ALL YOU NEED NOT WORRY THOUGH THE WORLDFABRIC IS SPECKLED WITH THE PUSS OF PUISSANT INFECTION WE AND THEY AS AMATEUR WEAVERS SHALL LICK WITH MEDICINAL PROBOSCES AND GIVE A CARING NEEDLE AS WE HUNT FOR THE OBJECTS FORETOLD AHEAD AND MAKE WHOLE THE TEARINGS REAVED SO UNJUSTLY...

...MY BODY SWELLS BUOYANT WITH ITS CONFIDENCE LEAVE IT TO US THIS RAGTAG BUNCH THESE SECULAR SOLDIERS OF THE WEAVE WE CLIMB WE FIGHT WE FIND WE WIN...

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks View Post
    The Suicide Squad are the definition of mad, Hummingbird. a collection of tyrants, nihilists and broken but powerful people. They are a very dangerous group with nothing to lose."

His attention was diverted to Clark Sparks at the mention of their future foes.

...AH AHA A FITTING LABEL THEY WHO HELP KILL AND TEAR AND DESTROY ALL AROUND THEM THIS SUICIDAL SQUADRON WILL FIT THEIR NAMESAKE AND BE MADE UNDONE BY THEIR ACTIONS SLOWLY SURELY DELIBERATELY THEY PROPEL TO THE POINT OF NO RETURN THE END OF THE LINE WHERE THEY CANNOT GO ON THEIR SUICIDE MISSION IS INDEED A CAUSE FOR SUICIDE THEY DO NOT KNOW IT YET BUT THEY SHALL BE BEFALLEN BY THEIR OWN DAGGERS INLAID BY THEIR OWN HANDS IT WILL BE SWEET SONOROUS WHEN THEY SING THEIR PITEOUS FINAL SONGS...

The Weaver moaned his song further, excitedly sketching with a finger on the floor images unknown, tufts of wispy ęther following in the wake of his touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jones View Post
    "You betcher sweet..."

"Richard..." Banner warned.

"... tailfeathers I am, bucko!"

"......."

"I am afraid I can answer no further questions. Rather, now that you have all become acclimated, it seems time for someone to offer some explanations."

"Do not blame poor Harbinger. She answered as much as I allowed," says a figure in shadow. "Ah, right. I still have the 'shadow' setting on. Give me a moment to brighten this hallway."

The figure touches a nearby control panel.

"The Monitor? I...I've heard stories of our universe being watched over by a Monitor. If this so-called threat calls for your intervention, then the whole damn galaxy must be in peril!"

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Sparks

"That symbol...you are Kryptonian! But...but why do you have this much different form?"
    GLORIOUS!