Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I don't, but I'm sure that'll be turned into some big bad attack on someone or being so terribly negative...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well it's not like either one of the pair went off and cheated on the other or started dating somebody else and in the X-comics the big relationship are rarely ever gone if at all so I'd say that there's nothing that's happened that the two can't get over, just as long as they're both alive afterwards...
    Psylocke may not have cheated on Warren with Neal, but she came pretty close. It read to me as if she was going to choose him over Warren. Psylocke was so obviously flirting with Psylocke that Archangel realized that Betsy cared about Neal, and just decided to put an end to his relationship with Psylocke rather than drag things out.
    And no, I don't like Neal, and I'm not just bringing this up just to somehow suggest that Psylocke's stories with Neal were better than her ones with Warren.

And I still think that what is happening between Psylocke and Archangel is pretty bad. Psylocke turned Warren back into Archangel, something that he hates, and he got really shity with her over it. Actually, I think that their relationship meltdown is the most interesting story that these two have had togather in sometime.

Also, we know that Psylocke at least survives Disassembled.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I miss these two.

In hindsight, this one was a little strange in how things worked out, and I liked Charlotte. Charlotte played a fairly large role in helping Archangel get over his issues, and that was about all she ended up being used for. Actually, her role as being the character who helped Archangel overcome the loss of his wings and what Apocalypse did to him would actually be taken over by Psylocke in later stories.. She debuted in 1990, and by the time 1994 rolled around, she was already out of the X-Men comics. And with very little notice. She didn't even get a proper scene with Warren where they break up. At least not one that I remember. Warren simply states that things aren't working out between them, and that's it. Kind of a strange way for a character who was so important to Warren to be written out of the comics with so little notice or fanfare. As important as Charlotte was to Warren's story, I think that you could make an argue that Candy was more important than Charlotte, just because their relationship lasted longer.

I always wondered if Charlotte was written out of the X-Men just because there didn't appear to be a lot of panel time for non X-Men supporting characters back in the 90's issues. I cant think of any supportinng characters that appeared consistently in the X-Men comics at that time. That, or perhaps the writers didn't have any good ideas for Warren and Betsy, so they just stuck them togather. The Archangel/Psylocke relationship did work out for a pretty long time.

I believe that the last time that we saw Charlotte, she was being set up to be in a relationship with Bishop that never went anywhere.

I don't, but I'm sure that'll be turned into some big bad attack on someone or being so terribly negative...
    Nah, I don't think that you will be attacked just for not liking a story.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-09-2019 at 07:47 AM.

The problem is they keep retconning it. :/ He is just a massive revolving door.
    I dont see them as constantly retconning him. His portrayal is inconsistent since he was resurrected, but there hsnt been retcons

Ultimate Member

Again I'm not bashing Charlotte as a character, their relationship, or saying that it was ended well by Marvel...again as for Neal he and Betsy only happened because CC was leaving Uncanny to write X-treme and didn't want to take Warren along, otherwise W/B would not have broken up for a good long while so it was a rush job and then Neal just blew up in a bad way as a character and is now best left in limbo imho...

Yeah it's bad what Warren said but again he'd just had his head messed with by Nate on top of his head already being messed up with the two sides of himself already in there so he was far from being in his right mind when he said it and no I don't just expect them to just rush back together just saying that so far there's nothing that can't be overcome, nothing that would take years of storytelling to get past imho...

Yeah they might have not liked the X-Men to have romantic interests outside of the X-Men and that could have helped lead to the demise of the pairing...

As for getting bashed Iz has a way of making everything I say sound like I'm attacking other posters of blowing my top about everything, just saying that I'll be portrayed like that by some regardless of what I actually say...

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    In hindsight, this one was a little strange in how things worked out, and I liked Charlotte. Charlotte played a fairly large role in helping Archangel get over his issues, and that was about all she ended up being used for. Actually, her role as being the character who helped Archangel overcome the loss of his wings and what Apocalypse did to him would actually be taken over by Psylocke in later stories.. She debuted in 1990, and by the time 1994 rolled around, she was already out of the X-Men comics. And with very little notice. She didn't even get a proper scene with Warren where they break up. At least not one that I remember. Warren simply states that things aren't working out between them, and that's it. Kind of a strange way for a character who was so important to Warren to be written out of the comics with so little notice or fanfare. As important as Charlotte was to Warren's story, I think that you could make an argue that Candy was more important than Charlotte, just because their relationship lasted longer.

I always wondered if Charlotte was written out of the X-Men just because there didn't appear to be a lot of panel time for non X-Men supporting characters back in the 90's issues. I cant think of any supportinng characters that appeared consistently in the X-Men comics at that time. That, or perhaps the writers didn't have any good ideas for Warren and Betsy, so they just stuck them togather. The Archangel/Psylocke relationship did work out for a pretty long time.

I believe that the last time that we saw Charlotte, she was being set up to be in a relationship with Bishop that never went anywhere.
    The only one who dodges the weird in hindsight bullet is Candy Southern and to an extend Dazzler. Had Louise stayed longer she would of developed the relationship further as shown in X-Factor Forever. It was nice seeing Warren take Timmy to school and bond. Same with X-Men Forever where Warren is still with Claremazon style Charlotte. It does make me wonder what if Warren joined Excalibur or stayed in X-Factor what sort of relationship would he of had or what other character they would of paired him with. It seemed really lame the way they treated Charlotte its not her fault for what Louise did with Candy being put in the refrigerator. It was very unimaginative how they paired a black cop with a black time cop. Very original. *sigh* You think when Candy showed up they would of at least not killed her off. It would of been interesting had she survived and adopted powers similar to warlock. We all knew Candy was the brains behind the relationship and The Defenders. She could of been an interesting support for Warren as well as communicator, that way they won't overshadow one another and she gets to be in the action without being a damsel in distress. I know there are people out there who believe I am a Psylocke x Warren hater but the forget that I mention several times if the characters are happy with one another I am okay with the relationship. It's why I like several pairings with the same character. Their modern stories with each other are just boring in my opinion and they just keep falling flat for me. It was a nice run but they had their time. I look forward to their future relationships with other characters than with eachother. And no, you are not going to convince me their relationship is worth salvaging. Its just toxic and irreparable for me. If you disagree, you disagree and just leave it at that.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

I think that the W/B relationship is far from toxic, not perfect but what X-pairing is...and not one that would need a lot of work to make happen, it's all if they're allowed to move forward together and not forced to retread old storylines...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont see them as constantly retconning him. His portrayal is inconsistent since he was resurrected, but there hsnt been retcons
    Inconsistency is what I meant but I couldn't think about it at the time. At this point, his persona and status are unknown after Disassembled. From there we will see what is in store for him if death or limbo don't claim him. He needs to leave X-Men desperately in my opinion. Wonder how he will be in the Thunderbolts or in Thor's world? Feel free to disagree.
    Last edited by Izanami; 01-09-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

As for getting bashed Iz has a way of making everything I say sound like I'm attacking other posters of blowing my top about everything, just saying that I'll be portrayed like that by some regardless of what I actually say...
    Do I really need to pull up quotes from posters calling you out because you can't just say your opinion, accept other have theirs, and drop it. I am not the one that keeps telling you to clean up your act.

Also more defender images, I am extremely bored today

Also Angel as a holy spirit :P

Fantastic Member

What if the keep Archangel in human form with metal wings without a broken psyche?

Ultimate Member

Do I really need to pull up quotes from posters calling you out because you can't just say your opinion, accept other have theirs, and drop it. I am not the one that keeps telling you to clean up your act.
    I've never once insulted anyone or called anyone a name...and there's been more than a few who have done what you're describing to me and yet no one says anything about them...and my comment was not attacking any poster...

I've never once insulted anyone or called anyone a name...and there's been more than a few who have done what you're describing to me and yet no one says anything about them...and my comment was not attacking any poster...
    When you show me proof on this page with exact quotes by posters of you being attacked, until then I don't believe it.
    If you are desperate for someone to fight you go somewhere else then name dropping my user name just because I did not reply to you every single time I posted on this new thread.

Ultimate Member

I use your name because you're the foremost one that seems to accuse me of everything under the sun without any proof of your own, I don't remember ever shouting at anyone in text form or calling anyone stupid or any other name, I see others doing what I'm accused of doing and they're not treated how I am...

I'm far from desperate for a fight, you're the one that seems to pick fights regardless of what I actually said in any of my posts...

As for Warren here's hoping that he gets rid of the whole two persona's in his head sooner rather than later...

I use your name because you're the foremost one that seems to accuse me of everything under the sun without any proof of your own, I don't remember ever shouting at anyone in text form or calling anyone stupid or any other name, I see others doing what I'm accused of doing and they're not treated how I am...

I'm far from desperate for a fight, you're the one that seems to pick fights regardless of what I actually said in any of my posts...

As for Warren here's hoping that he gets rid of the whole two persona's in his head sooner rather than later...
    Proof:

Psy: Nope, I am talkng about the arguing and bullying period. Let's not do it 2019. Let's just ignore the opinions we don't like and be nicer. Betsy should bring us closer, not further apart.
    yogaflame: Dude. It's over. This is Kwannon's Appreciation thread. Appreciate her here or just rant somewhere else.
    CGAR: @Logan who was harping on the original body? The only person that was as vocal as you are now was Taz. And he had valid points for liking her in the original body. You're the one that has consistently been complaining about all things Psylocke since like 2004 (comixfan era). I don't even know if there's a word for this but you argue/debate/disagree in fallacies. You act like Psylocke is yours, I finally realized what it is, she's like a toy you won't share and don't want changed. And only your perception of her is correct.
    Havok83: but thats exactly what you do. Everytime someone says anything favorabe about them, you shut it down like a Debbie Downer. I dont think its an unfair assessment to say that a good chunk of your posts responding to others on the subject has been laced with negativity
    Wallstreeter: If not, don't dump your unhappiness or that you're upset comics didn't go as you planned for them on other people. This forum is not all about you. We know you're not happy Psylocke is British again or that Kwannon is back in her body again. That does not give you the right to go after fans who are happy with these changes. Don't be so selfish.
    For the sake of your own mental health move on.

There is more but who needs to waste time on that when this took me 5 minutes.
    Thanks for playing, Goodbye!

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    What if the keep Archangel in human form with metal wings without a broken psyche?
    The writers and editors keep being inconsistent sadly. One minute he is okay the next he is back to being angry. :/ We need a permanent solution.