Page 66 of 667 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166566 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Yeah but he was also an alleged child molester so they’ll probably support him

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get me off this crazy ride!!!!

Sen. Dianne Feinstein: The Mueller Report says that Trump told the White House counsel to lie to cover up for him.

Bill Barr: “Well, that’s not a crime.”

Mighty Member

You post like that will go anywhere.

Trump is a privledged trust fund billionaire elite...he will not be held accountable for ****.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    You post like that will go anywhere.

Trump is a privledged trust fund billionaire elite...he will not be held accountable for ****.
    And he has the Republican controlled Senate at his back, operating under orders from Turtle Boy McConnell to protect the orange rat bastard by any means necessary, and that includes shitting on the Constitution to get the job done.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Disagreed.
    I suppose ranting has entertainment value for some. I think it is actually counter-productive especially when useful information gets thrown in with the bad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xheight View Post
    I suppose ranting has entertainment value for some. I think it is actually counter-productive especially when useful information gets thrown in with the bad.
    It's a comic book message board, so it doesn't really matter.

And the idea that we shouldn't call out or comment on bigotry, which some people claim--that's just nuts to me.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    At this point, the way Republicans are starting to froth at the mouth,
    LOL

It's a comic book message board, so it doesn't really matter.

And the idea that we shouldn't call out or comment on bigotry, which some people claim--that's just nuts to me.
    There is pointing something out that a reasonable person might agree with and then there is raving on with little else but slurs.

baby meet bathwater.

the leaps of logic here are exactly why 'hysterical SJW' is appropriate labeling and people walk away from political discussions.
    If anyone is bitching about SJW's, then they were going to walk away from any conversation that triggers their snowflake impulse to retreat to their safe space.

That you think any SJW label is 'appropriate' is troublesome too.

Mighty Member

I don't even see how SJW is an insult.

Like, I know those on the right have co-opted it to be an insult.

But calling someone a SJW for calling out bigotry...to me, I say, Right on. That's the point.

Mighty Member

There is pointing something out that a reasonable person might agree with and then there is raving on with little else but slurs.

baby meet bathwater.
    Ah, well I'm not really into ignoring the bigotry cuz someone else might get upset that said bigotry is being called out.

I know there are certain segments of the left that get perturbed about identity politics.

Please describe the bad information from the post.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    If anyone is bitching about SJW's, then they were going to walk away from any conversation that triggers their snowflake impulse to retreat to their safe space.

That you think any SJW label is 'appropriate' is troublesome too.
    woo, i don't see that in How to Win Friends and Influence People. That someone would embrace the label SJW belongs on a comic message board - in the fiction section in their tights.

Astonishing Member

Why were Charlie Hebdo's Islamaphobic cartoon praised and the NYT anti-Semitic cartoon villainized?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Please describe the bad information from the post.
    any journalism professor would throw this bit out for its mixture of editorialized connections and dubious appeal to an authority.

He has cemented an alliance with the Federation of American Immigration Reform, whose idea of reform is actually "kick 'em all out" and has earned itself the attention of the Southern Poverty Law Center, who classify FAIR as a hate group. In April of 2014, FAIR was hosting their "Hold Their Feet to the Fire" event in Washington, D.C., where they invite conservative radio hosts to the capitol to interview members of Congress, and push for extreme actions to be taken against undocumented workers. Lou Barletta was more than happy to give interviews to the most radical and xenophobic of loons.
    While SPLC does some great work who they get to class as a Hate Group is not one of them. And are you trying to tell me that one has to vet who one gives interviews to? If so you might want to check out a movie called Borat. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1ac064590242 "In this climate, seeking widespread credibility for a hate list — with its inherently blunt methodology — seems at once quaint, noble and, possibly, futile."

Hey if you think that all people who are anti-immigration are "racist" "xenophobes" then keep reading and enjoy your echo chamber.
    Last edited by Xheight; 05-01-2019 at 10:57 AM.