View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 950 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 45085090094094694794894995095195295395496010001050 ... LastLast
Results 14,236 to 14,250 of 16972
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Because you shouldn't throw a character away that has potential. She was cool but was too wrapped up in being a weapon in Spencer's run that she didn't get a chance to be anything else. also her coming back isn't stopping Wendell from being bi. also also more lesbians.
    Was she cool? Her intro had her struggling to beat the Blue Streaks and barely developed past that.

No reason why they can't give her an original role, but I never saw much potential there. Or lack of potential, as she wasn't to well developed either way

I bet Shatterstar and Angela would get alone tremendously.

I'd be VERY interested to see a double date between Nicolina and Wickling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Yes, yes and a big YES for Wickling, which I've somehow never seen before.

I now want to see a Rictor/Shattybuns & Angela/Sera double date also.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

They can bump into each other at the Pride parade in San Francisco (which Nicolina are visiting ironically, since their parents were all the 'Pride' they could stand), and, thanks to social media, various other LGBT heroes have shown up to, including Ricstar and Northstar/Kyle and Iceman and America and Kate Bishop (who complains that everyone keeps assuming she's gay, when she totally isn't...).

And then there's some crime across town, and the totally coincidental big gay team-up happens.

I'm just gonna stop now, 'cause this beast is writing itself.

Nicolina is an ugly ship name. #Deanoru

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Was she cool? Her intro had her struggling to beat the Blue Streaks and barely developed past that.

No reason why they can't give her an original role, but I never saw much potential there. Or lack of potential, as she wasn't to well developed either way
    Well, no, her intro had to taking down the Blood Brothers and 4/5 of the Fast Five as a baseline SHIELD agent. Spencer gave us a bit on her personal life, but I agree that it wasn’t enough. The way she died made no sense so it’s good that she’s back. Who knows, depending on how she comes back, she could still have echoes of her powers while Wendell keeps the real stuff.

Avril exists because Spencer really really really likes Mark Gruenwald and wanted Quasar and Cap like in the 90's. Obviously, he didn't kill her and likely was putting her in his pocket for some future cosmic shenanigans even if no one bothered to touch her in the meantime. (P.S. pls write quill and thanos lord spencer).

Also, you could easily tweak her costume and make her the new Starbrand. Like, you can visually see it with your eyes. But Jason'll probably give it to Roz Solomon.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I actually think most of her controversy came from Phyla stans who felt she was just....discount Phyla. But now that she’s back and Wendell is Quasar again, I think there’s still an Avril-shaped hole in the universe. Even if she gets forcibly brought down to Earth hero-status and has to room with Spidey, I just miss her uwu

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Avril exists because Spencer really really really likes Mark Gruenwald and wanted Quasar and Cap like in the 90's. Obviously, he didn't kill her and likely was putting her in his pocket for some future cosmic shenanigans even if no one bothered to touch her in the meantime. (P.S. pls write quill and thanos lord spencer).

Also, you could easily tweak her costume and make her the new Starbrand. Like, you can visually see it with your eyes. But Jason'll probably give it to Roz Solomon.
    Also, you could easily tweak her costume and make her the new Starbrand.
    make her the new Starbrand
    you evil genius.

I'm surprised she's back because I thought that her being killed off coincided with Marvel apparently planning to bring back Phyla.

I don't think Avril's death was ever really part of a larger corporate plan. She was low-profile enough that they could've just ignored her if they wanted to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I'm surprised she's back because I thought that her being killed off coincided with Marvel apparently planning to bring back Phyla.
    I doubt one had anything to do with the other. Phyla had already stopped being Quasar a while before she was killed off; so Avril being alive would have no impact at all on Phyla's return -- especially since Phyla has powers of her own, independent of the quantum bands.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't think Avril's death was ever really part of a larger corporate plan. She was low-profile enough that they could've just ignored her if they wanted to.
    I have doubts as to whether her death was planned at all, since there was no acknowledgment of it at all in the main SECRET EMPIRE book. It was only the CAPTAIN MARVEL tie-in issues that declared she was dead -- nothing in the main book even hinted at it. And given that SECRET EMPIRE was written by the same guy who created Avril, you'd think if he was intending to kill off his own creation, he'd have put in at least a single panel acknowledging that in his own book.

It almost seems like Avril's death was the result of an error or miscommunication on Margaret Stohl's part, and it somehow got past the editors and made it to print without anyone realizing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Jed MacKay has said that he has read the Kevin Smith run when asked if Felicia's Bisexuality has been noted. Here's hoping!
    That's a positive sign at least. Fingers crossed that it leads to something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Wait, what? Please explain
    I'm not sure I heard that one either
    But I could have sworn I heard something about some writer wanting Wendall and Lightning to be a thing at some point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I'm not sure I heard that one either
    But I could have sworn I heard something about some writer wanting Wendall and Lightning to be a thing at some point.
    That one might have just been message board speculation. I know I have posted comments a number of times over the years about the fact that Miguel ended up coming out of the closet after spending months living alone with Wendell on the Avengers Asteroid Base, and wondering if something may have happened between them that gave Miguel the push to realize his sexuality. So that has come up as a discussion topic a few times, at this message board and others. But I have not seen any of Marvel's writers ever actually weigh in on the subject.