Page 51 of 198 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham TV Show

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Richard Kind? Was that Mayor James, or someone else?

And, agree with Art School. Loved that 'Kiss. My. Ass.' from Gordon. A real take no **** response from him, on yet another bloody cover up.

Not a killing by a cop, or a suicide. Should be reported, investigated and nothing murky like that. Left wondering how the Mayor can act all in your face, and 'top dog' whatever, as if HE'S running the show, when only three episodes ago, Gordon and Bullock arrested him!
    I'm guessing he's under the impression that Gordon is in Falcone's pocket now since Falcone let him live. I'm also guessing it's the only reason Gordon still has a job. The mayor is assuming if Falcone wants Gordon alive then he also wants him to remain a cop, but the mayor can still do what he can to make Jim's job miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    So what are people's thoughts on this show's version of Copperhead?
    I didn't even know that was supposed to be Copperhead? In any case, she was cute/sexy and a decent fighter. I wouldn't mind her showing up again. Although, it's weird that she's another of Batman's rogues that's about 20 years older than Bruce.

Speaking of Bruce, am I imagining things or was he sporting a very faint mustache? If so, then how old is Bruce supposed to be? I was under the impression that he was about 12 but most boys don't develop any sort of facial hair until about 15.

Incredible Member

Left wondering why she left Bruce live. As she said, wasn't a target, and maybe fair enough that he would reveal whether Selina was there or not, and all that.
    Simple

Remember John Wick?

Now kill young Bruce Wayne, knowing full well that no force of nature would stop Alfred for either revenge or justice.

The only guy to successfully go toe to toe with you in your last encounter.

It was as much self preservation as it was professionalism.

I'll post this question again.
    Isn't Cat still being hunter by a ruthless killer who is on the loose, and we still don't know who sent her?
    Why isn't everyone, including Cat herself, more concern.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I'll post this question again.
    Isn't Cat still being hunter by a ruthless killer who is on the loose, and we still don't know who sent her?
    Why isn't everyone, including Cat herself, more concern.
    Yes, possibly.

But, Dick LoveCraft is dead. Gordon's reassigned to Arkham, and Bruce might not be giving them trouble either, or Harvey, at the moment.

But, possibly, but escaping alive, after getting so close, or near the end of an episode, maybe needs more closure, I don't know.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    Simple

Remember John Wick?

Now kill young Bruce Wayne, knowing full well that no force of nature would stop Alfred for either revenge or justice.

The only guy to successfully go toe to toe with you in your last encounter.

It was as much self preservation as it was professionalism.
    I suspect it was more that they didn't want the attention. They were there to silence the witness to the Wayne's killing. Killing the son now would draw all kinds of attention

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I just finally got to see this episode. Very good, despite minimal Penguin. It looks like they're opening up new lines of coolness that don't necessarily run through him.

They're really doubling down on bringing out Batman's rogues' gallery many years before Batman himself will be available. I've decided not to worry about it... if the writers are that confident about it, they must have an angle.

I was kind of surprised I liked this portrayal of Ivy as much as I did. She's really got the disturbing intensity and lack of social skills down.

I noticed one little detail that was probably not intentional but still seems interesting: at one point Selina refers to Bruce by his initial: "B." On Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Faith called Buffy the same thing. Selina's future with Bruce seems like it will probably follow the same course as Faith and Buffy's: tentative friends, then mortal enemies, and then tentative friends again.

People should stop worrying about the villain's ages and just accept that this is a different interpretation, adaption of the Batman mythos.

I find myself hating the acting of Harvey Dent immensely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I noticed one little detail that was probably not intentional but still seems interesting: at one point Selina refers to Bruce by his initial: "B." On Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Faith called Buffy the same thing. Selina's future with Bruce seems like it will probably follow the same course as Faith and Buffy's: tentative friends, then mortal enemies, and then tentative friends again.
    I cringed at that line. It was so forced.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I wouldn't mind her showing up again. Although, it's weird that she's another of Batman's rogues that's about 20 years older than Bruce.
    Not when you consider she isn't the Copperhead he usually fights:

CHJLU.jpg

This version seems to be inspired on the Arkham Asylum game where Copperhead is a gang of assassins (none of which were named Larissa Diaz so that member must be exclusive to Gotham).

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Speaking of Bruce, am I imagining things or was he sporting a very faint mustache? If so, then how old is Bruce supposed to be? I was under the impression that he was about 12 but most boys don't develop any sort of facial hair until about 15.
    The actor is 13 (will be 14 in February). Seems about right to me but then I was like the 2nd guy in my grade to hit puberty
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 11-27-2014 at 07:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raefe Mahadeo View Post
    So, a friend and me were discussing who killed the Waynes a few weeks back. Someone we know said Ra's Al Ghul, he said the Joker like the Burton films, I said court of owls.
    We certainly know it won't be Ra's. They won't be introducing him since he's in Arrow.

I suspect it will be Joe Chill, and I also suspect that all the clues to the Waynes' murder will turn out to be one red herring after another. We may never see the case really solved, though a bunch of other mysteries around the family and business will be unearthed. If it is solved, the most likely scenario is that what happened was exactly what appeared to happen - a simple street mugging.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    We certainly know it won't be Ra's. They won't be introducing him since he's in Arrow.

I suspect it will be Joe Chill, and I also suspect that all the clues to the Waynes' murder will turn out to be one red herring after another. We may never see the case really solved, though a bunch of other mysteries around the family and business will be unearthed. If it is solved, the most likely scenario is that what happened was exactly what appeared to happen - a simple street mugging.
    Ah, it won't likely, or necessarily, be him, but I don't remember Heller or anyone saying specifically that Ras' will not, or cannot, be used, and was asked a question on Ras', due to Batman, and with Arrow, but I don't remember anything definite, so I wouldn't rule that out yet.

Everything up for chance.

BANNED

Ah, it won't likely, or necessarily, be him, but I don't remember Heller or anyone saying specifically that Ras' will not, or cannot, be used, and was asked a question on Ras', due to Batman, and with Arrow, but I don't remember anything definite, so I wouldn't rule that out yet.

Everything up for chance.
    Nah, there's virtually no possibility they will have the same major villain in two shows that are not part of a shared universe airing on two different networks. Just won't happen.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    People should stop worrying about the villain's ages and just accept that this is a different interpretation, adaption of the Batman mythos.
    Agreed. Does anyone think that we'll actually see Batman anywhere except at the series finale?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    I cringed at that line. It was so forced.
    What one was that?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Nah, there's virtually no possibility they will have the same major villain in two shows that are not part of a shared universe airing on two different networks. Just won't happen.
    Ah, I'm open to it. Appear more in Arrow, have a larger role in Gotham. A good character, worth seeing related to the Waynes, the Queens, Gotham and Starling.

If Bruce can be on the silver screen and the small, Flash on big and small, and Alfred, why not Ras'?

Two networks, two versions, two actors. Up for it, indeed.

Any reason you feel this way? Seems a bit pessimistic, but to each their own.