BANNED

Default Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows#22

Interesting twists in this one.

spoilers:
    Chelceria attacks the Parkers at Oscorp with her own version of the family, including a hulking version of MJ that Peter thinks was left in the oven too long. MJ draws some blood in her fight with Annie's double. Annie realises her spider-vision hurts her whenever she's fighting her double, so she concentrates and turns it completely on Chelceria, allowing Annie to strike her down. Annie discovers Chelceria isn't a clone of her after all, and neither are the others. Peter embarrasses Annie when he says he thinks she has a crush on Normie, Normie is rescued and tells the Parkers that Sinister is on his way to attack the X-Mansion with an army
    end of spoilers

Overall, decent action-packed issue, but Peter was in full court jester mode most of the issue while MJ and Annie were more serious. Annie's reaction was funny when Peter commented on her relationship with Normie. Not sure where the twist will lead to given there's only one issue left and this feels like the sort of thing that will be an ongoing plot thread for future issues, so a relaunch after Spidergeddon may take care of that...I hope.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-08-2018 at 04:16 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I figured Peter was joking mostly to cover up his anxiety over possibly encountering more clones, so he should probably be relieved spoilers:
    that they weren't clones, after all. However, with Sinister's Spider-Army attacking the X-Mansion . . . well, at least we got more X-Men than Avengers cameos in this series. That's fine by me, since given the common themes of social alienation and personal angst that both Spider-Man and X-Men stories deal in, the web-slinger has more in common with the Children of the Atom than he does Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

picked up the previous 2 issues of this as a curiosity, didn't really get into it, though that's more a "coming in mid way" thing than anything to do with the book itself

not surprised they didn't turn out to be clones...the implication that they were clones was almost too thick for it to be true. or for it to be the whole truth. so what are they?
    troo fan or death

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    not surprised they didn't turn out to be clones...the implication that they were clones was almost too thick for it to be true. or for it to be the whole truth. so what are they?
    While not clones, I think that are people that have been altered with Annie's DNA mixed in causing the mutations/deformities we saw in the other two attackers from this issue. Mr. Sinister has done experiments like this is the past and I don't know if it's stiff in continuity but after the "Age of Apocalypse" it was revealed that the Beast from that reality had created the Morlocks doing similar experiments.

Astonishing Member

Well, sounds weird, but I'm glad they weren't really clones; because only the Jackal (or, in the best case, Norman Osborn) have the right to make clones of Spider-Man. I mean, I don't think Miles Warren would like the fact that Sinister steal his work for his own use.

However, I'm still worrying about what Sinister meant with Normie becoming "part of the experiment". Something tells me next issue will give us some unpleasant surprises.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, sounds weird, but I'm glad they weren't really clones; because only the Jackal (or, in the best case, Norman Osborn) have the right to make clones of Spider-Man. I mean, I don't think Miles Warren would like the fact that Sinister steal his work for his own use.

However, I'm still worrying about what Sinister meant with Normie becoming "part of the experiment". Something tells me next issue will give us some unpleasant surprises.
    Ironically, the Jackal did exactly that to Sinister in the 616 Spider-Man comics during the Superior era, raiding Sinister's labs for material he could use in his own genetic experiments, which led to the Superior Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider (Kaine) fighting a small army of spider-monsters hybridized with the DNA of various mutants. Of course, Sinister got his own back in Wolverines #5-6, revealing that he had a small army of Ben Reilly clones in his lair, which would imply that he stole the Jackal's research in return for the Jackal stealing his work.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Liked the story. Hope the next issue is enough time to wrap things up (given that Spider-Geddon will bring it to a halt, even if RYV comes back afterwards).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)