Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Default CBR Exclusive: Wolverine and Spider-Man Re-Join the Fantastic Four for Empyre

https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-spider...c-four-empyre/

FANTASTIC FOUR #21
    Written by DAN SLOTT
    Illustrated by SEAN IZAAKSE
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    With the Fantastic Four neck–deep in the menace in space, who can Powerhouse and Brainstorm call upon to deal with the crisis down on Earth? Only Spider–Man and Wolverine, of course!

Wolvie and Spidey's costumes are based on What If? Vol. 2 #78, where De'Lila the Skrull killed the original FF and the new FF (Wolvie, Spidey, Hulk and Ghost Rider) took their place in Earth-9510.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_2_78
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

FANTASTIC FOUR #21
    Written by DAN SLOTT
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!
    With the Fantastic Four neck–deep in the menace in space, who can Powerhouse and Brainstorm call upon to deal with the crisis down on Earth? Only Spider–Man and Wolverine, of course!

Wolvie and Spidey's costumes are based on What If? Vol. 2 #78, where De'Lila the Skrull killed the original FF and the new FF (Wolvie, Spidey, Hulk and Ghost Rider) took their place in Earth-9510.

Those kids look scared of Wolverine.

BANNED

"Just when I thought Slott was out, he pulls me back again"
    -- Peter Parker/Spider-Man (in my headcanon)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

FANTASTIC FOUR #21
    Written by DAN SLOTT
    Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    EMPYRE TIE–IN!

Nice! This oughta be fun!

another "new" Fantastic Four. Neat. What are the base powers of Franklin and Valeria?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    another "new" Fantastic Four. Neat. What are the base powers of Franklin and Valeria?
    Franklin can do anything, Valeria is smarter than Daddy and is the apple of the eye of her godfather Doctor Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    "Just when I thought Slott was out, he pulls me back again"
    -- Peter Parker/Spider-Man (in my headcanon)
    Hahahaha, indeed he does.

Looks interesting, I might have to suspend my embargo and give this one a read. We'll see.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I'm mostly looking forward to how Peter and Logan interact for the first time since Dawn of X.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm mostly looking forward to how Peter and Logan interact for the first time since Dawn of X.
    This is Slott on nostalgia fuel, it won't address that, and it would relapse to their dynamic in Priest's Spider-Man v. Wolverine with maybe some references to JMS' Avengers Tower arcs. Expect snide put-downs on Peter by Logan and so on.

This is Slott on nostalgia fuel, it won't address that, and it would relapse to their dynamic in Priest's Spider-Man v. Wolverine with maybe some references to JMS' Avengers Tower arcs. Expect snide put-downs on Peter by Logan and so on.
    The fudge? Have you read the script? You don't know what it will and won't address. How about backing off of Slott for a minute, yeah?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I should mention that in JMS's New Avengers arc, Peter actually pitched Logan out the highest window in Stark Tower, through supposedly unbreakable glass, for disrespecting Mary Jane when the tabloids were spreading rumors about her having an affair with Tony Stark.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Even I'm a bit curious to see whether or not Dan Slott will make references to what is going on in the current Spider-man and X-men titles. I mean the idea of cloning X-men would bug Spidey a bit considering his own history with Cloning. Plus this is a close as a major involvement from Peter and Logan considering their ties to both teams to the Empyre event.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Even I'm a bit curious to see whether or not Dan Slott will make references to what is going on in the current Spider-man and X-men titles. I mean the idea of cloning X-men would bug Spidey a bit considering his own history with Cloning. Plus this is a close as a major involvement from Peter and Logan considering their ties to both teams to the Empyre event.
    Slott is not too much of a X-Men fan, and him using Wolverine is undoubtedly because of his connections to previous Spider-Man team-ups and Simonson's original Alternate Four line-up.

I suppose it's a trade on account to the FF appearing in Tom Taylor's FNSM and Zdarsky's F4/X-Men miniseries which is about Franklin Richards' being tempted to go to Krakoa.

It'll be nice to see Peter and Logan again, and I imagine their banter with the FF kids will be amusing.

I hope Peter doesn't end up the butt of all the jokes...

BANNED

I have to say that Spider-Man's costume on the cover is not good. Certainly not as interesting as the Future Foundation white suit.

The main thing is the eyes, it looks Dead-Pool-ish, the roughly triangular shape of Spider-Man's eyes (which granted hasn't always been there) is one of his most distinguishing features, and here it's missing. And the fact that there aren't web-line patterns on the blue part doesn't spell out Spider-Man clearly. It looks Blue Beetle-like.