Page 112 of 207 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 3091

75 does feel like a lot to shell out for the amount you’d get. The difference between honed techs and epic for certain things like healing I noticed felt not quite as commensurate for 3x the cost I noticed a while back. But with mind techs, duration could be a deciding factor, so idk
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Arrgh. Cannot decide. The issue is the ENERGY cost. 75 energy is a HUGE chunk for something that gives me basically 30 Res, when 10 Energy gives me 20 Res. Yes, it's for 6 turns, but over 6 turns it's still less, and I will probably not be using it over 6 turns.

But I want that Mundane tech back....

Hm.

Epic Speed boost tech would give me two mundane techs BACK. But then the speed boost would be super-costly as well.

Epic social tech feels like a waste, given that I'm already past 30 just using a honed one.

Nik, thoughts?
    This is a locked in Epic Mind, right?

From my experiencing of playing Krys in the playtests, the biggest frustration is their lack of direct damage as we've discussed before. They do well out of counters but even then there's only so much their kinda mediocre damage can be lifted by a counter. This might not be the most fun or creative suggestion but I'd put it on PRE.

Having an Epic Mind Tech that is a PRE buff all but doubles your base attack power for six turns and also will synergise with any other offensive Techniques you might use during that time at no additional cost, it's effectively a Persistent Technique with no maintenance costs. It also amps their energy restoration as well because that likewise scales off Krys' PRE score.

Also, also, Krys has two Technique Actions per turn. Even with 75 ENR being burnt on activating the buff and no Stack, you could fire it and then immediately use All Things Are But Foam to regain 69 ENR. With Stack you are actually +4 ENR positive at the end of the turn from where you started and can still have hit someone twice as hard as usual with a Basic ATK.

It might seem a bit dull, but yeah, PRE seems like the really obvious choice.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-30-2023 at 08:49 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

That makes sense. Like, crazy-good sense. I like it. And since, yeah, it helps with PRE, that also tags in All Things Are But Foam (that sounds a lot more amusing when shortened!).

I might even have a name for the technique. And since it's a PRE buff, I can make the fluff have to do with perception and so forth, so it fits the themes.

...and counters will become much more painful as well.

Keen! Thank you very much!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ran out of room AGAIN, but fortunately had a post right below my technique post complaining about being out of room. So judicious editing, and that worked out fine.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Sharp's character getting sharper.

Also if she's in a jam with people surrounding her Jane has buffs she can throw on her too to make her counter frenzy even wilder
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Sharp's character getting sharper.

Also if she's in a jam with people surrounding her Jane has buffs she can throw on her too to make her counter frenzy even wilder
    Awesome!

...not a frenzy. [/Janet Voice]
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-30-2023 at 09:47 AM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    That makes sense. Like, crazy-good sense. I like it. And since, yeah, it helps with PRE, that also tags in All Things Are But Foam (that sounds a lot more amusing when shortened!).

I might even have a name for the technique. And since it's a PRE buff, I can make the fluff have to do with perception and so forth, so it fits the themes.

...and counters will become much more painful as well.

Keen! Thank you very much!
    Could just have Krys eat people.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    ...not a people-eater. [/Janet Voice]
    Why are we here?

I'll leave that to Aryx. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As you're about Cthulhu, please update your sheet with your Techniques or link the relevant post.

Trying to get a grip on where everyone is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Trying to get a grip -
    Impossible!

Anyway, I'm probably finished. Sitting on five mundane techs, but otherwise I'm covered.

Until the first time Krys gets their face pushed in, mind.
    Why are we here?

Retired Overlord

Close to finished here, just need to iron out at least a couple working techs and then I can go from there....may even save a few free tech spots if I have em for later. (Holes may need to be filled afterall)

On that note...uhh Nik.......
    *nudges post forward*

Jane is pretty much only using Honed techs bc of status effects and range reducing damage, so curious to see all these Mundane techs from others.
    -Stephen McCranie

Another tweak to the system, you now have a new option on defence if you pass your RAC check; Blocking.

ii. Block: Should the target choose to block, they spend 1 RAC point.

([Target's DUR/4] + [Target's STR/2]) - [Attacker's ATK Stat] = A positive of negative number.

> If the number is positive, the target blocks the attack with no ENR use incurred.
    > If the number is negative, the target blocks the attack while losing the negative number in Mastered ENR and take half of any potential DMG had the attack been Soaked. (See below for explanation of Soak)
    > If they have insufficient Mastered ENR, they cover the deficit with HP and take half of any potential DMG had the attack been Soaked

A character can also premeptively block at the end of their turn by sacrificing a Basic ATK Action and assuming a Block. This will negate the need for a player to pass the RAC check for attacks but they will not be able to take any other defensive option until their next turn.
    This is a small buff for STR/DUR characters because they choose to play defensively and therefore negate the need for interacting with RAC and addresses the incongruity of a Brick Type character passing their HIT check and still choosing to be hit in the face anyway as if they had failed. Now there's better delineation.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Noted, so final-ish version would look something like this.

Epic Mind Technique - Flash Emitter
    +45 CHR (+60 -15 for AoE)
    Enna supercharges her emitter, causing her body to emit a blinding bright flash of light either focused upon a single target or in all directions that diminishes with distance. Target's HIT stat is reduced by 75%, single-target ranged attacks can no longer hit and all Body-based Chain Technique Effects are no longer possible to execute with the exception of Thunderclap and Crater. Mind and all AoE attacks are not effected. Cost: 75 ENR
    Tweaked the wording on the boost to make it clear and added cost for reference.

I see, in that case I'll likely go for the former, but focus it on Mastered ENR restoration...and then use a mundane slot for a more focused healing tech.

Honed Spirit Technique - HoloNurse
    +30 PRE (40 -10 for ranged effect)
    Enna generates a single, or multiple, smaller copies of herself that fly to ally targets and dematerialize into a flash of nourishing light energy that rejuvenates ENR.
    (110 ENR Restored on single target) Cost: 25 ENR
    The wording on this reads as ranged which lowers the boost by 25% and added ENR cost.

Mundane Spirit Technique - Medic Template
    +20 PRE
    Enna loads a medic template, allowing her to treat a single ally and heal HP.
    (45 HP restored) Cost: 10 ENR
    Added cost.

Do these sound correct? (Also I assume the same -15 is applied to a multi target heal for the former?
    if you want Ranged and AoE on the Honed Ability then you would need to subtract 30 points from the boost (10 for Ranged, 20 for AoE) so it would less effective but would heal all people in reasonable range.

Single use is fine, since the point is to generate them as needed. As for the offensive spirit effect you mentioned...since this is honed, perhaps I can add an effect to attacks she would make with weapons made from this skill? Say perhaps a lesser surge effect from being his with a light weapon that surges on impact?

Honed Spirit Tech - Object Database
    +40 PRE
    Enna keeps a database of scanned objects she has had physical access to, and can reproduce them with her emitter temporarily as hard light copies. Copies last for a single action. When used to attack triggers disrupt.
    Lesser - Disrupt
    Attacker raises any and all active ENR costs incurred by the target on their next turn by +15 and also lowers their passive ENR recovery by -15 at the start of their turn. This ability can be stacked with other instances of Surge effects though the enhanced cost will still only apply to a single turn and will end when the turn of the target ends. Cost: 25 ENR

Something like this?
    Grand, added cost but that's fine.

Eh, I like to sprinkle a bit of uneven flavor into things....also it makes since for it to not be a persistent tech in light of it using the same emitter her normal body. (iow, by the logic of it being persistent, she would need to be paying it all the same just to have a regular body)

Mundane Mind Technique - Disguise
    +20 CHR
    Enna can scan objects or people in her local environment and readjust her emitter to change her default body into the desired object temporarily. Initial check made against detecting her in this form will run off the bonus, and future checks off her base CHR. Cost: 10 ENR

I may shift some points over to CHR for this and the flash tech though just to even things out a bit.
    Cool, I'm happy if you're happy.