Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm sure everyone was so happy with Revenge of the Sith being the last Star Wars movie we'd ever get... Christ.
    Revenge of the Sith is a top 3 star wars film. it is better than all the disney star wars movies.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Revenge of the Sith is a dumb movie. All the characters in it were a bunch of idiots. It was painful to watch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grindlelord View Post
    I find it so strange how some can claim last jedi is mediocre but don't see or say the same thing with MCU movies even though many star wars fans compared last jedi to mcu movies and resented the movie for that alone. Both are mediocre. t
    I haven't seen Last Jedi so won't comment on it. There are some MCU movies that are average in comparison to other MCU movies, but in general they are pretty good action flicks. They are not for everyone, but don't deserve the blanket statement of mediocrity.

Revenge of the Sith is a top 3 star wars film. it is better than all the disney star wars movies.
    Agree that it is a top 3 movie. Very well executed. Complex plot, good character development. Hayden's acting was unfortunately wooden though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That what makes me upset about Lucasarts closure. Disney had a video game publisher and developer in their pocket. They didn't need to license it to crap companies like EA.
    LucasArts adventure games would make great movies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I haven't seen Last Jedi so won't comment on it. There are some MCU movies that are average in comparison to other MCU movies, but in general they are pretty good action flicks. They are not for everyone, but don't deserve the blanket statement of mediocrity.

Agree that it is a top 3 movie. Very well executed. Complex plot, good character development. Hayden's acting was unfortunately wooden though.
    Happy you agreed on ROTS. This is my ranking of the main 8 films. what is yours.

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A new Hope
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. Phantom Menace
    7. The Last Jedi
    8. The Force Awakens

Also agree on Hayden's acting. it was pretty bad and Anakin was unlikeable but not enough to derail the entire film.

BANNED

Happy you agreed on ROTS. This is my ranking of the main 8 films. what is yours.
    Hmm...seems like the wrong thread for that discussion.

Top three in the prequels, sure. That's about it.

All the money in the world does not erase all these series were better off without Disney, which is what matters most. Star Wars in particular.
    How can we really judge if the MCU is worse off when Disney bought Marvel in 2009? The only movies out from Marvel Studios prior to that were Iron Man (Great) and Incredible Hulk (not so great). As you've said Disney still does a fine job with animation, so they've handled Pixar well. The only property that's in debate here is Star Wars.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A new Hope
    3. Revenge of the Sith
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. Phantom Menace
    7. The Last Jedi
    8. The Force Awakens

Also agree on Hayden's acting. it was pretty bad and Anakin was unlikeable but not enough to derail the entire film.
    You can't blame Hayden totally on this. George Lucas put together some of the worst writing and scripts for the actors to say in those films. He had Samuel Jackson and Natalie Portman in those and the entire thing was a dud at times. As far as the list goes , yeah not big into any of the prequels. The last one was perhaps the best of the bunch but man did they all totally suck.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The worst thing Disney did to Star Wars was closing down Lucasarts. I got into Star Wars through the video games and they produced some good ones. I heavily anticipating Star Wars 1313 before Disney gave it the axe.
    Disney had nothing to do with 1313 being cancelled, that was EA and their stupid current anti linear single player game philosophy, while I do fault Disney for contracting the licence to EA and for not holding EA accountable for actually producing real content with it I'm certainly not going to directly blame them for the bone head stuff EA has done with it as that idiot crown belongs squarely on EA's head

And as much as Lucasarts was a part of my childhood they had been on a sharp downward spiral since early 2006 and I'd argue that Battlefront 2 and Empire at War were the last truly good games they put out, and towards the end Lucasarts was just licensing out games to other studios and weren't making games in house anymore anyway. 1313 for instance wasn't being made by Lucasarts, it was being made by Visceral(the ones that made Dead Space and that EA disbanded not too long ago)
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-14-2018 at 04:59 PM.

The Last Jedi and Solo are mediocre enough just like the MCU movies. they are all the same thing. I find it so strange how some can claim last jedi is mediocre but don't see or say the same thing with MCU movies even though many star wars fans compared last jedi to mcu movies and resented the movie for that alone. Both are mediocre. the only thing disney does right is their cartoon movies although Marvel TV cartoons have been completely trash under Disney.
    Outside of possibly Dark Knight I find all comic book superhero films popcorn fare just as I view most Star Wars films for a Star Wars films I found Solo mediocre but outside of Empire I don't hold any Star Wars film in great regard they're just fun entertaining movies I love but not amazing stories.

Superhero films, Star Wars films, Indiana Jones films, slasher movies, zombie films, James Bond I consider them all fun and entertaining and I love them all and watch them regularly but again I hold very few films on those genres as truly great films.

I like Revenge of the Sith and Phantom Menace but Attack of the Clones is literally one of the few films I almost walked out of I can suspended Disbelief for a film but that movie asked me to suspend logic way too many times for the story to work and then there was Hayden's acting.

Attack of the Clones was so bad I refused to see Revenge of the Sith in theaters and waited to rent it at the time.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Disney had nothing to do with 1313 being cancelled, that was EA and their stupid current anti linear single player game philosophy, while I do fault Disney for contracting the licence to EA and for not holding EA accountable for actually producing real content with it I'm certainly not going to directly blame them for the bone head stuff EA has done with it as that idiot crown belongs squarely on EA's head

And as much as Lucasarts was a part of my childhood they had been on a sharp downward spiral since early 2006 and I'd argue that Battlefront 2 and Empire at War were the last truly good games they put out, and towards the end Lucasarts was just licensing out games to other studios and weren't making games in house anymore anyway. 1313 for instance wasn't being made by Lucasarts, it was being made by Visceral(the ones that made Dead Space and that EA disbanded not too long ago)
    1313 wasn't Visceral's game. 1313 and First Assault were the games Lucasarts were working on before Disney axed them.

Being a big fan of action games I thought the Force Unleashed series was pretty decent and that was among the last of their major Star Wars they developed.

Astonishing Member

This post made me die of a broken heart.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I wonder if Disney is going to open a whole new division dedicated to erasing all scenes of people smoking from the 20th Century Fox film library.