View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 998 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 498898948988994995996997998999100010011002100810481098 ... LastLast
Results 14,956 to 14,970 of 16966

I would like Teddy to be half-Kree at least but yeah, I confess I was never all that tied to Mar-Vell being his dad since surprisingly few writers ever actually did anything with it. It's an interesting story idea that never really got explored.

I'm still waiting on him to meet Phyla and Genis (when he inevitably comes back).

Who would you cast as Teddy and Billy?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I would like Teddy to be half-Kree at least but yeah, I confess I was never all that tied to Mar-Vell being his dad since surprisingly few writers ever actually did anything with it. It's an interesting story idea that never really got explored.
    I think that's probably about to change with Empyre.

I'm still waiting on him to meet Phyla and Genis (when he inevitably comes back).
    I definitely feel like he will meet Phyla soon enough, considering Al Ewing is the writer of both Empyre and Guardians Of The Galaxy. I'm not sure how much of the sibling angle will be explored, though, considering this is an AU Phyla. I really want him to meet his 616 family.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I change the fancasts in my mind every now and then, but right now I'm thinking of Liam James for Billy and Logan Shroyer for Teddy, specially after I saw this picture of the two of them together. They're both in the 16~23 age range that it was allegedly being required for Teddy's role.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Once upon a time I would have said Troye Sivan as Wiccan. No idea for hulkking or who could play them now

I try not to fancast as I usually get too attached to an idea I like so when it doesn't become a reality it takes we a while to accept whoever actually got the the role on their own talents.

I'll just say it again though I think it's important for Marvel to try get openly gay actors to play them, I think all the inevitable interviews about the "importance of the occasion to the LGBTQ community" and "progression being made" are going to come off a bit hollow coming from two straight guys.

They're looking for actors from their late teens to early 20's and by then most of us queer people have a pretty good idea where we land on the Kinsey scale, also if we're ever going to live in a world were openly queer actors can be in viable contention for these big roles it has to start somewhere.
    Last edited by walk; 01-17-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Joshua Bassett from that HSM show is my newest fancast for Billy. He's extremely pretty and cute and also super popular right now which would give the show/characer a lot of buzz lol.

Josh is super adorable and that show is terrific fun.

Brandon Flynn for Teddy? <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Josh is super adorable and that show is terrific fun.

Brandon Flynn for Teddy? <shrug>
    He's 26, assuming the info we got from that site it's true, they're looking for 16-23. Well, but that's just a limitation for me who's trying to come up with realistic fancasts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    He's 26, assuming the info we got from that site it's true, they're looking for 16-23. Well, but that's just a limitation for me who's trying to come up with realistic fancasts lol.
    Ha ha ha ha fair fair. Parameters! <waves fists>

Saw someone mention Brandon Flynn for MCU Iceman and you know what I could really get behide that, ah dammit I've done it again.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Joshua Bassett from that HSM show is my newest fancast for Billy. He's extremely pretty and cute and also super popular right now which would give the show/characer a lot of buzz lol.
    OMG, yes, I think about him too! The only reason why I don't really consider it as a possibility is because I think his lead role on HSMTMTS, that's alreay renewed for season 2 and has its production about to start, probably makes him super busy right now. They probably already cast Billy by now, so unfortunately I think it's unlikely that he would've been available, unless Disney was kind enough to make his schedule work.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    OMG, yes, I think about him too! The only reason why I don't really consider it as a possibility is because I think his lead role on HSMTMTS, that's alreay renewed for season 2 and has its production about to start, probably makes him super busy right now. They probably already cast Billy by now, so unfortunately I think it's unlikely that he would've been available, unless Disney was kind enough to make his schedule work.
    Yeah you're probably right. I think he could have had time for finishing WandaVision before s2 starts, but he was probably busy promoting the first season of HSM when WandaVision was filming.

I loved that show and Joshua is such a future star. You can just tell with people. He’s got charisma out the wazoo.

The only issue I could possibly think of is billy is a bit ackward and geeky and I don’t really get that from Joshua but I could be wrong. Anyway he might even be a good teddy

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Iron Man 2020 #1 (of 6) - Machinesmith is among the many robots, androids and assorted artificial intelligences that make up the robot rebellion.

Runaways #29

Huh. Is that really everything for this week? Light week for LGBT content in new comics...but comics-related news was a lot more active with announcements of the new X-FACTOR, a HULKLING one-shot, etc.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Atlantis Attacks #1 of 5 - Giant-Man and Issac both appear in this issue, but only briefly.

Excalibur #6 - in addition to our regular appeal of having Rictor and Betsy in the cast, this issue also had a brief appearance of naked Gam-butt.

Fantastic Four #18 - We're still on Spyre, with The Unparalleled and lesbian couple Kor and Kaylo.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #1 - the first issue of the Al Ewing run, with Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr) and the new Moondragon and Phyla on the roster.

Marauders #6

Ruins Of Ravencroft: Dracula - Dracula was outed as bisexual last year.

And there was also a noteworthy TPB released - X-Statix Complete Collection vol.1

Anything else?