Page 43 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143543 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Can you elaborate? I wont get to read it until this weekend
    The Wakandan helicarrier (assuming it's the one we have seen from the jump with AoW and such) is named Boseman

Wait, what's going on with the x fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Wait, what's going on with the x fans?
    Basically redjack said something on Twitter on how humanity has a good reason to fear mutants and the x fans had a meltdown over it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Basically redjack said something on Twitter on how humanity has a good reason to fear mutants and the x fans had a meltdown over it.
    Don’t they do that when the sun rises and sets?

Hoping T’Challa’s last opponent is Namor, that guys has had a beating coming to him for 80 years

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Don’t they do that when the sun rises and sets?

Hoping T’Challa’s last opponent is Namor, that guys has had a beating coming to him for 80 years
    Unless this is a massive re-direction, it will.

The whole issue set up the difference between Namor and T'challa in regards to the phoenix.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    You got the link? That sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Unless this is a massive re-direction, it will.

The whole issue set up the difference between Namor and T'challa in regards to the phoenix.
    Yeah, like Doom, Namor is long overdo for a complete ass beating from T'Challa. Of JA does this solid. I will consider the BS of avx to be forgotten and made up for in full of it's a decisive victory over Namor. No BS no speeches, no crumpled T'Challa saying he won the verbal argument. Clear cut, Namor was defeated and T'Challa is standing tall victory.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Who do you expect to be T'Challa's final opponent in this Phoenix Force tournament?
    Namor. At first I thought Aaron was just going to ignore the potential conflict between him and T'Challa but I think the foreshadowing has been pretty heavy. This arc was marketed as a callback to AvX and T'Challa and Namor were arguably the characters most impacted by the fallout of that event.

As it stands, they're being portrayed as opposites who are currently the front runners for the Phoenix's power. And with another BP sequel on the horizon with Namor as the likely villain it makes a lot of sense for there to be some confrontations between the two of them in the buildup towards that (even if T'Challa will no longer be in the MCU).

Honestly while I've always said that they should let things go between them I'm confident enough in Aaron's writing of T'Challa and Namor that it'll be a fair matchup. He's doing an amazing job writing T'Challa right now. I think his Namor is a bit over the top but he's clearly respecting his power levels and probably gonna explore more of his character in future issues. But if there's any time for Namor to catch those paws after AvX it's now lol. Let's just get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, like Doom, Namor is long overdo for a complete ass beating from T'Challa. Of JA does this solid. I will consider the BS of avx to be forgotten and made up for in full of it's a decisive victory over Namor. No BS no speeches, no crumpled T'Challa saying he won the verbal argument. Clear cut, Namor was defeated and T'Challa is standing tall victory.
    I’ll never forget or forgive that’s nonsense but it would do a lot on build back up good will. The last ppl will more then likely be some combo or BP, CapA, Logan, Namor, Doom, Namor, Red Widow & Shang. in perfect world BP would face & Beat Logan & Doom, Namor. But JA not letting his Boy Logan take any L from anyone other then Cap or Doom ( could be wrong but I’d be shocked), Namor probably will beat Cap or Doom. With BP having to face Shang & Red being taking on Namor in final. I’m very interested in how he going have Doom lose or wateva they goona do to make it seem like he still won with losing how they using do.

Astonishing Member

Isn’t Doom already out of the contest?

But yes, we can’t have Logan lose lest pearls be clutched

Based on the blacked-out figure on the cover in the new solicits, the new Phoenix is female (not a huge shock, really).

I don't recognize the character, though:

Personally i think Michael B Jordan is doing BP2 because he is doing some of the best acting of his life right now with Lauren harvey. I personally don't care who people date and it's not even a big deal but i know when i feel like people are being gaslighted.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Based on the blacked-out figure on the cover in the new solicits, the new Phoenix is female (not a huge shock, really).

I don't recognize the character, though:

I assumed t'challa would win the tournament but mentally beat the Phoenix like he alluded to

maybe forcing it ot choose someone else? or whatever

idk, whole phoenix thing is so confusing these days lol. I miss the 90's cartoon version
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally i think Michael B Jordan is doing BP2 because he is doing some of the best acting of his life right now with Lauren harvey. I personally don't care who people date and it's not even a big deal but i know when i feel like people are being gaslighted.
    There is a faction in the black community-who feel black men should only date black women. Or be like Russel Wilson and "save" them from Future & Bow Wow. So they attack guys like Jordan-yes there was calls of boycotting Black Panther over his STANDING next to a Hispanic female-who they thought was his GF. While ignoring black women who did the same. Like our Vice President.
    Even Dwayne McDuffie had deal with it in a story I CAN'T share here due to adult content. As did John Ridley and Mike Coulter (whose white was BOOED on a talk show when her photo was shown with HIM on stage).

I will put it to you like this let Black Panther get a non-black woman-you will see how fast they come out of the wood work to go off. Funny thing is-it will be mainly lead by folks who NEVER touched a comic book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There is a faction in the black community-who feel black men should only date black women. Or be like Russel Wilson and "save" them from Future & Bow Wow. So they attack guys like Jordan-yes there was calls of boycotting Black Panther over his STANDING next to a Hispanic female-who they thought was his GF. While ignoring black women who did the same. Like our Vice President.
    Even Dwayne McDuffie had deal with it in a story I CAN'T share here due to adult content. As did John Ridley and Mike Coulter (whose white was BOOED on a talk show when her photo was shown with HIM on stage).

I will put it to you like this let Black Panther get a non-black woman-you will see how fast they come out of the wood work to go off. Funny thing is-it will be mainly lead by folks who NEVER touched a comic book.
    As much as it sucks that Jordan and the other talented black men you mentioned had to deal with harassment, I still think T’Challa should end up with an unambiguously black woman. There’s nothing wrong with black icons (especially in a fictional context) being with black women and I do think that’s it’d be poor imagery for such an empowering character to not rep a woman that has the same skin as him.

A one night stand is one thing but a legitimate relationship/marriage? Yea there’s literally over a dozen other black male characters that can be used for that, as we’ve seen with the likes of Brother Voodoo, Blade, Luke Cage, John Stewart, Sunspot, and more. It’d be nice to have at least one black male hero who like MANY real-life black men prefers black women and nearly always is with one. As for Jordan being the next BP, that’s not gonna happen lol. He’ll end up in an Ancestral Plane scene then go back to being a dead man, likely acting as the devil on the new BP’s shoulder.
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-21-2021 at 01:21 PM.