Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Come on man I can think of at least 100 movies way way worst lol.
    Yeah, it wasn't Shakespeare by any means, but there's plenty of stuff with writing and acting which makes it look that way by comparison.

BvS Ultimate Edition is a fine film. And the warehouse scene is Batman's best fight scene ever.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I've seen plenty of movies. BvS was bad...
    Both it and Justice League would be perfect additions to Best of the Worst, if they weren't so high profile.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Critical response aside, BvS did make money. So you can at least made an argument that they were justified in allowing him to keep things going. Not saying I was the biggest fan of Batman vs Superman either... but in the least I'm not entirely sure allowing him to just do his movie would have been any worse than what ended up happening. Probably would have at leaste been cheaper. But I guess we'll never know.
    Problem is it made most of its money the first weekend. Before people knew how bad it was. Once word got out the box office dropped like a rock. Compare that to Wonder Woman which had the lowest opening of any DCEU film
    yet Wonder Woman went on to have the biggest domestic box office of all the DCEU films because of good word of mouth and repeat business. All that proves is people were hyped to go see BvS when it opened. While with
    Wonder Woman people had become leery of the DCEU and so not as many showed up the first weekend. They kept Snyder for Justice League because they were too far in and were worried changing directors would cost too much
    money. In retrospect they blew way too much money on JL anyway and would probably been better off money wise to have just bitten the bullet and fired Snyder in the first place. I'll bet they would have had a better movie
    that made more money if they had hired someone like Whedon to do the whole movie on his own. We wouldn't have had mustache gate for one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Problem is it made most of its money the first weekend. Before people knew how bad it was. Once word got out the box office dropped like a rock. Compare that to Wonder Woman which had the lowest opening of any DCEU film
    yet Wonder Woman went on to have the biggest domestic box office of all the DCEU films because of good word of mouth and repeat business. All that proves is people were hyped to go see BvS when it opened. While with
    Wonder Woman people had become leery of the DCEU and so not as many showed up the first weekend. They kept Snyder for Justice League because they were too far in and were worried changing directors would cost too much
    money. In retrospect they blew way too much money on JL anyway and would probably been better off money wise to have just bitten the bullet and fired Snyder in the first place. I'll bet they would have had a better movie that made more money if they had hired someone like Whedon to do the whole movie on his own. We wouldn't have had mustache gate for one thing.
    If anything, what Joss brought to the table for Justice League only reinforced his status as one trick pony. If we can arrive at a logical conclusion, it's that he made the film worse, not better. I fear the hire of Gunn may well prove to be Whedon II.

Extraordinary Member

I've seen plenty of movies. BvS was bad...
    It's not even the worst movie to feature either Batman or Superman lol. Like people forget how **** something like Batman and Robin was where it clearly was playing to sell toys to kids and it was even too absurd for that or what a complete disaster Superman IV was.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It's not even the worst movie to feature either Batman or Superman lol. Like people forget how **** something like Batman and Robin was where it clearly was playing to sell toys to kids and it was even too absurd for that or what a complete disaster Superman IV was.
    Batman & Robin is at least entertaining in a so bad it’s good way. BvS was just bad and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Batman & Robin is at least entertaining in a so bad it’s good way.
    Not when it puts you to sleep. (Yes, I did.)

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    If anything, what Joss brought to the table for Justice League only reinforced his status as one trick pony. If we can arrive at a logical conclusion, it's that he made the film worse, not better. I fear the hire of Gunn may well prove to be Whedon II.
    While I agree with this, and I'm sure many people do, the question is how much of it is Whedon himself and how much is the dissonant tone between what Whedon added and what Snyder (another one trick pony) had laid out prior?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't know how people think Marvel looks bad in this. Your average moviegoer is barely following or even aware this is happening.

Disney can take anything not named Star Wars and turn it to gold and ti has for over 20 some years.
    Is that right? So how'd that work out for John Carter, Lone Ranger, Wrinkle in Time, Christopher Robin...etc?

I think you mean the MCU is the only thing Disney has been able to turn into gold, outside of the animated films that is.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    So can Jason Alexander. People still see him as George Costanza.
    He'll always be Duckman to me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    Since Bautista isn't really green, they can probably make him look different.
    Not to mention the luchadoresque mask.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Is that right? So how'd that work out for John Carter, Lone Ranger, Wrinkle in Time, Christopher Robin...etc?

I think you mean the MCU is the only thing Disney has been able to turn into gold, outside of the animated films that is.
    The live action remakes of their animated films have been gold for Disney. Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast dominated the box office.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    While I agree with this, and I'm sure many people do, the question is how much of it is Whedon himself and how much is the dissonant tone between what Whedon added and what Snyder (another one trick pony) had laid out prior?
    Snyder's a one trick pony? I assume you're just looking at dollar amounts. I'm looking at good filmmaking, e.g. Dawn of the Dead, Watchmen, Man of Steel, and, yes, BvS: UE (and that's still not the unexpurgated version he wanted to give us, not entirely). 300 was a hit, but I was never into it (nor the comic).

Whedon more or less made the same Avengers movie twice.

LOL.

How's Guardians 3 production going?

How's the reception to WB's hiring Gunn gone?
    Guardians 2 sucked. I was hoping that they would pursue other cosmic properties. ex. Nova