View Poll Results: Would you want Xmen TAS to be the first cartoon after the merger?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes most definitely!

93 61.18%
  • No thanks - something new

54 35.53%
  • Dont care.

5 3.29%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I think it's cool they want to bring the public an animated X-series... I just don't see Disney/Marvel saying yes.

It seems like Disney/Marvel likes to pattern their animated projects after their movies and since we won't have an X-film in the MCU for a "long time"... well...

On the other hand, they might say yes so that the public won't go stale on the X-men, so, we'll just have to wait and see.

I'd rather a fresh new animated series, maybe a streaming series with high-grade animation. I'd like to see a series that recreates iconic X-stories straight from the comic book actually.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel series. However, I don't necessarily want it to be just a continuation with everything the same. Sure, same cast of characters and voices if they can get them. But new character designs and a new art style might be nice. Some new villains too, but we'd probably get those anyway. Maybe give Jubilee something to do for once. Heck, if I were in charge of it I'd probably do a time skip, but they clearly want to pick up right where they left off.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Jesus, nothing can stay dead anymore.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Fantastic Member

As long as the people involved understand that we have a lower tolerance for cheap animation and poor voice acting than we did when we were 11, and try to use more than just 7 characters and pretend, yup, thats all the X-Men, then sure. At least their hearts seem to be in it.

Also, I didn't know that John Colicos had been Apocalypse. The DS9 fan in me just jumped a little.

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    As long as the people involved understand that we have a lower tolerance for cheap animation and poor voice acting than we did when we were 11, and try to use more than just 7 characters and pretend, yup, thats all the X-Men, then sure. At least their hearts seem to be in it.

Also, I didn't know that John Colicos had been Apocalypse. The DS9 fan in me just jumped a little.
    I don't think the target audience would be the same people that saw this 20-30 years ago, probably Disney would want to hook the current generations.

Then again, these are also used to better animation nowadays I guess. Maybe this should be 3D-animated?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    The original X-Men cartoon had nine principal characters. Not as big a cast as '80s cartoons like Transformers or G.I. Joe, but still a pretty big cast. Plus, every major X-Man (meaning ones that were on the main team) up to that point had guest appearances except Kitty Pryde. I was going to say Phoenix II as well, but she had a cameo.

a cartoon based on the wolverine and the x-men comic book that was created after the cartoon called wolverine and the x-men that would not be called wolverine and the x-men would be pretty sweet
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

As long as Jean isn't still useless I would be fine with this.

Amazing Member

I don't know about directly tying it to a continuity that ended over two decades ago, but I would like to see a show with a similar mission statement, that being to adapt comic stories for young children with reasonable respect for the source material. There's so much good stuff for them to tackle since then as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I don't think the target audience would be the same people that saw this 20-30 years ago, probably Disney would want to hook the current generations.

Then again, these are also used to better animation nowadays I guess. Maybe this should be 3D-animated?
    I think a 90s era X-Men cartoon may be interesting as a DTV, but I would make a more modern X-Men cartoon for kids.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I enjoyed that series, but there were X-Men missing from that line-up that I really want to see, including Kurt and Kitty. I think it would be better to start over with something new.

Astonishing Member

A reboot/refresh of that show could work...possibly even picking up where they left off, but that would be much harder to pull off.

I'd love for this to be true, but my gut tells me that Disney won't go for it. Marvel Animation has gone out of its way to purge the X-Men and mutants from every project for the past 8 years. They even purged Netflix and Hulu of all old X-Men cartoons. Whoever is running things in that department, they clearly don't care much for X-Men and I can't see them ever green-lighting this.

On top of that, Marvel and Disney just don't seem to prioritize animation anymore. They haven't since Disney bought Marvel. I've yet to see a show they've made that's as popular or beloved as Avengers EMH or the 90s Animated cartoon. It's really sad, but I think that's not going to change until there's some sort of big leadership change at Marvel Animation.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    As long as Jean isn't still useless I would be fine with this.
    Jean wasn't useless. She was the team's emotional anchor. The empathetic one that anyone could talk to (and thus, seemingly one of the few adults in the room at times).

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'd love for this to be true, but my gut tells me that Disney won't go for it. Marvel Animation has gone out of its way to purge the X-Men and mutants from every project for the past 8 years. They even purged Netflix and Hulu of all old X-Men cartoons. Whoever is running things in that department, they clearly don't care much for X-Men and I can't see them ever green-lighting this.
    You do realise that was because they didn't have the X-Men movie rights, right? That's why X-men vanished from new video games too. Don't be surprised if the X-Men turn up in Spider-Man: Maximum Venom.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman