Page 700 of 827 FirstFirst ... 200600650690696697698699700701702703704710750800 ... LastLast
Results 10,486 to 10,500 of 12392
    BANNED

you must hate this season then since she is the focus of the whole season.

Astonishing Member

I hate to say it but the Nora actress is so unconvincing. Independent of plot, she just isn't that good. Every time she says: DAAAAD - I just cringe.

As I said before, the made up science each episode is getting silly. I wonder when Barry and the wife decide it's make a Nora day. So is grown up Nora going to hang around to see Baby Nora? Baby sit herself. DBZ has two Trunks all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    you must hate this season then since she is the focus of the whole season.
    In retrospect, yes, I think I do, even though I liked many individual things about it.

And yeah, the whole time travel problem is ignored too. Nora CAN't just stay in the present forever.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    And yeah, the whole time travel problem is ignored too. Nora CAN't just stay in the present forever.
    Spoilers for a certain *very* popular movie in theaters right now:

spoilers:
    AVENGERS: ENDGAME plays all kind of havoc with this concept. Time-travel seemingly works differently in the MCU than it does in THE FLASH franchise. Steve Rogers/Captain America does something reminiscent of what Nora does at the end of the film.
    end of spoilers

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Mighty Member

I liked how Ralph was the only one to discover what the Reverse Flash was up to.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I liked how Ralph was the only one to discover what the Reverse Flash was up to.
    That was something. I was really hoping the rest of the team would've given him the time of day. Also I know it was done so we could have a fight scene but I thought it was weird that nobody brought metacuffs to CCPD.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

So Thawne had the dagger under his vest the whole time? And I'm guessing all the times he got zapped, it just charged the dagger.

Though, if you're the warden and you pull off a condemned prisoner's power dampening vest, and see a big freaking dagger, I'd lunge to get the weapon away from the homicidal mass murderer.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So Thawne had the dagger under his vest the whole time? And I'm guessing all the times he got zapped, it just charged the dagger.

Though, if you're the warden and you pull off a condemned prisoner's power dampening vest, and see a big freaking dagger, I'd lunge to get the weapon away from the homicidal mass murderer.
    Huh? The dagger dampens powers. Why would they need to get it away from him, hands being tied and all, when that is the one thing actually keeping him there...?

Well, it wasn't exactly surprising that Thawne is still a scheming bastard, but nevertheless, I didn't expect THAT.

BANNED

this episode proves that Ralph is the better detective than Barry as he was able to work out thawnes endgame when Barry didn't even though barry has the greater experience with thawne or maybe its just that Barry can't act in a rationale
    manner when it comes to reverse flash. It does however lead to questions like why future iron heights is using the dagger instead of the tech behind meta cuffs or how they managed to get their hands on the dagger in the first place when cicada was never apprehended. perhaps before his death in the past the future cicada revised his priorities after the crisis and donated his dagger anonymously to the authorities before disappearing.

Astonishing Member

I know time travel has wonky rules, but please tell me that next week we don't see Thawne still in Iron Heights with the dagger suddenly vanishing in 2049 as if the changes didn't take effect until that minute.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I know time travel has wonky rules, but please tell me that next week we don't see Thawne still in Iron Heights with the dagger suddenly vanishing in 2049 as if the changes didn't take effect until that minute.
    I just hope something good comes out of this mess. Like Nora getting a younger brother named after Joe West. That way she'll have a friend, and someone who maybe she'll listen too.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I really think this whole season would have worked better if they had cast a much younger woman as Nora. I am talking making her 16 or 17 tops. At least that way all her stupidity and tantrums could just be blamed on her being young.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Huh? The dagger dampens powers. Why would they need to get it away from him, hands being tied and all, when that is the one thing actually keeping him there...?
    I actually forgot the dagger dampens powers. That being said, his arms were only restrained when they took him out of the cell. I'm guessing the vest stopped him from pulling out the dagger and shanking the first guard to come in.

I'm glad they were able to go bigger in these last few episodes with putting all the metahumans in danger and throwing in Sherloque's love interest as well (guessing they're going to write him off as they both find a new life on another Earth somewhere), but Cicada and Shecada have been the weakest Big Bads of the series. She's barely a match for Killer Frost, and Ralph could've taken her out fairly easily if he didn't try to match her blade for blade.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    this episode proves that Ralph is the better detective than Barry as he was able to work out thawnes endgame when Barry didn't even though barry has the greater experience with thawne or maybe its just that Barry can't act in a rationale
    manner when it comes to reverse flash.
    Barry has always been more of an investigator/point out clues kind of guy than a detective, which is where Ralph's expertise is. I feel like he's been overshadowed by Sherloque this whole season, but him wrapping his head around the time logic was a great moment for him.