Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    well at least they have a friendly relationship to some degree. But now that you mentioned Mj in New Jersey that could be the tragedy of this issue Mj dies due to Otto leaving Peter to be a single dad while losing his company to Tony and still being Spiderman.
    I thought they said she was in Portland, Oregon? Which is a nice reference to where Peter & MJ planned to retire to in 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yeah. It's also a good lateral move because Felicia Hardy wouldn't really work as a woman who's so old, and the whole romance between Peter and Felicia was about a relatively young man, young adult (early 20s) dating a girl who was in her mid-20s with Peter being this slightly naive guy. That doesn't work with a dude pushing 50 (He was 37 in 1984 in LF#3, and 11 years later in 1995 in LF#4 he's 48).
    I wonder if they're saving Felicia to get involved with Peter's son.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I thought they said she was in Portland, Oregon? Which is a nice reference to where Peter & MJ planned to retire to in 616.
    Ah, Peter's brief adventures in Portland. That reminds me of how underrated and unique 'Spider-Man: The Final Adventure' is.... it's pretty much forgotten today, but it's a good mini and worth a read... if you can even track it down.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    spoilers:
    yeah i noticed that, which i thought was a cool choice, if it was done on purpose. just because peter and ben are essentially twins doesn't mean that different lifestyle choices or outside influences wouldn't affect one more than the other. ben may have been living it tough compared to peter who seems to be well off. ben also appears to have stayed closer to the classic peter parker career (maybe another nod to his characterisation in the 90s).

on that note, ben seems to be active as a hero of sorts, the "red mask" as opposed to scarlet spider (is that a red hood nod or am i reading too much into tis now?). it's something else i like- there's no real reason for him to adopt a spider-centric identity other than to crowd peter's territory. he may as well just be a super strong, agile super hero who can scale walls with no affiliation.

i'm curious to know more about parker industries in this reality and i enjoyed that peter vs tony showdown too. outside of 616 cohesion, there's no reason to make them friends.
    end of spoilers
    There's something weird nobody seems to have noticed: Stark.
    + It looks like in this reality, even after becoming Iron Man, Stark did NOT stopped building weapons. And he even looks like to have a bigger ego than his 616's counterpart.
    + Stark was already older than Peter back in his first years as Spider-Man, so he should look like an old man by now (similar to Doc Ock here). Still, he doesn't look like to have got older at all during these years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    There's something weird nobody seems to have noticed: Stark.
    + It looks like in this reality, even after becoming Iron Man, Stark did NOT stopped building weapons. And he even looks like to have a bigger ego than his 616's counterpart.
    + Stark was already older than Peter back in his first years as Spider-Man, so he should look like an old man by now (similar to Doc Ock here). Still, he doesn't look like to have got older at all during these years.
    If we assume that Tony was in his mid-to-late 20's when he first became Iron Man in 1963, then he'd be in his mid-to-late 50's in this issue. I think he can plausibly pass off for a man pushing 60...especially a wealthy man with access to the best healthcare and tech.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Tony in the comics ever really gave up building weapons after becoming Iron Man. That's more something from the MCU. Also, this version of Tony has been actively involved in wars so his life and career have clearly taken a different direction.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Tony in the comics ever really gave up building weapons after becoming Iron Man. That's more something from the MCU. Also, this version of Tony has been actively involved in wars so his life and career have clearly taken a different direction.
    Yep, you're correct. In the original comics, Tony's temperment would be toned down in response to the real world backlash that the Vietnam War started to receive overtime.

So here, Ton getting personally involved in the war, and seemingly winning it for the US has only caused him to quadruple down on his original stance.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Loved issue 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Loved issue 4.
    don’t hold the spoilers back on my account, dear boy
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    don’t hold the spoilers back on my account, dear boy
    Here, here! Lay’em on me!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Soooooooooo good

Astonishing Member

THAT Ben Reilly is *more* Ben-like than anything we’ve seen since Clone Conspiracy.
    spoilers:
    Wow, Chip, that mad man really went full throttle on homaging the 90s clone saga even down to the Ben-is-original reveal twist and Norman being behind it. And I’m so glad Ben didn’t die. Will he be in the next issue?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    THAT Ben Reilly is *more* Ben-like than anything we’ve seen since Clone Conspiracy.
    [SPOIL]Wow, Chip, that mad man really went full throttle on homaging the 90s clone saga even down to the Ben-is-original reveal twist and Norman being behind it. And I’m so glad Ben didn’t die. Will he be in the next issue? [/]
    spoilers:
    I'm kind of worried that Ben is going to die in 9/11 trying to save people, opening the door to Peter coming back as Spider-Man. I'm rather curious what became of Gwen/Helen, though.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm kind of worried that Ben is going to die in 9/11 trying to save people, opening the door to Peter coming back as Spider-Man. I'm rather curious what became of Gwen/Helen, though.
    end of spoilers
    Wow, that’s amazing. I didn’t consider that, but that’d make perfect sense. There’s also a relevant metaphor with the duality of the “twin towers.”

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly my predictions for the 2000s is

spoilers:
    Ben, not having the same personal animosity towards Tony that Peter does, ends up going Pro-Registration for Civil War again and revealing his identity to the world.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

So I finally got my copy. What a read! It didn’t go the way I expected at all, but I loved the way it went.

spoilers:
    I’m glad Peter used Norman’s trick against him and he has confidence in who he is. The ending. Omg. I hope they live happy! Seeing his kids run to him was so heartwarming. PemJ are such peaches! They’re all I have left now that Jott is in a critical state. Damn you Marvel! Thank you Chip!
    end of spoilers