Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Saturday Mornings Cartoons

So the last few months I started a tradition of watching some of the cartoons and animated series from my youth on Saturday mornings like when a kid.

last week I watched some Ruby Spears Superman, G.I. Joe, 90's Spider-Man, & Season 2 of 90's Fantastic Four.

Today it was My Girl from Superman the Animated Series, the two part Cat and Claw from Batman the Animated Series, and some of the Dark Phoenix Saga from the 90's X-Men Animated Series.

So are there any old animated series or cartoons you revisit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    So the last few months I started a tradition of watching some of the cartoons and animated series from my youth on Saturday mornings like when a kid.

last week I watched some Ruby Spears Superman, G.I. Joe, 90's Spider-Man, & Season 2 of 90's Fantastic Four.

Today it was My Girl from Superman the Animated Series, the two part Cat and Claw from Batman the Animated Series, and some of the Dark Phoenix Saga from the 90's X-Men Animated Series.

So are there any old animated series or cartoons you revisit?
    My husband and I bought all the Batman TAS, Sups TAS, JL & JLU series.
    We started with Batman and are watching in order, 1 episode a week.
    We don't binge watch any of our shows.
    We like to watch 1 show a week of about a dozen shows.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    My husband and I bought all the Batman TAS, Sups TAS, JL & JLU series.
    We started with Batman and are watching in order, 1 episode a week.
    We don't binge watch any of our shows.
    We like to watch 1 show a week of about a dozen shows.
    I have the Timmverse/DCAU hands down the best interconnected animated universe IMO.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I saw this thread right after finishing watching "The Ring of Castellac" from the Smurfs, featuring Johan and Peewit. I have several Smurfs compilations and try to watch an episode every Saturday morning.

I wish somebody would make compilations that re-enact entire Saturday morning lineups from the 70's and 80's, complete with the original commercials and PSA's.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I saw this thread right after finishing watching "The Ring of Castellac" from the Smurfs, featuring Johan and Peewit. I have several Smurfs compilations and try to watch an episode every Saturday morning.

I wish somebody would make compilations that re-enact entire Saturday morning lineups from the 70's and 80's, complete with the original commercials and PSA's.
    This YouTuber post old Saturday Mornings commercials and has done compilations https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3u...UE8JPQq3dg9ZvA

This YouTuber post old Saturday Mornings commercials and has done compilations https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3u...UE8JPQq3dg9ZvA
    Darian Sewell had a great channel, he's currently 'suspended.' He got a little too ambitious in his postings. I saved his best ones like ABC, CBS, NBC Sat AM airchecks from the 80s- breaks with show intros/outros along with network bumpers.

Mighty Member

were the Sewell videos getting too long? or was he using too much material and thus infringing on too many copyrights? curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    were the Sewell videos getting too long? or was he using too much material and thus infringing on too many copyrights? curious.
    It was probably music that's the worse fair use can usually get a person a lot of leeway but even a few seconds of a copyrighted music can get your video flagged and taken down.

It was probably music that's the worse fair use can usually get a person a lot of leeway but even a few seconds of a copyrighted music can get your video flagged and taken down.
    That is why the old Kid Video Toon cant get a dvd release.

He started posting chunks of actual program. Most every week this summer either Fox or Disney got his videos pulled before he finally was suspended.

I typically revisit Transformers G1 and X-Men TAS every so often, and they've lost none of their entertainment value to me. Sure, I understand where the criticism of the quality of either cartoon comes from, but I think both have a lot of great things going for them.

My question for all of you guys would be: does re-watching your old favs change your opinion of them? And a second question: do you appreciate things about them which perhaps you didn't quite caTch when you were 8 years old?
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    I typically revisit Transformers G1 and X-Men TAS every so often, and they've lost none of their entertainment value to me. Sure, I understand where the criticism of the quality of either cartoon comes from, but I think both have a lot of great things going for them.

My question for all of you guys would be: does re-watching your old favs change your opinion of them? And a second question: do you appreciate things about them which perhaps you didn't quite caTch when you were 8 years old?

I didn't get into superhero comics until after college so I appreciate things like the 90s X-Men and Spider-Man as I became familiar with the source material in many cases.

Timmverse stuff still holds up great. Also the old cartoon cartoons, Dexter's Lab, PPG (original), Johnny Bravo etc.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post

When revisiting old shows from childhood some I found held up fantastically well and are just good the DCAU stuff, Robotech, Voltron, X-Men the Animated Series., and various other 90's shows.

Many others shows like Transformers, G.I. Joe, TMNT, Real Ghostbusters, etc weren't as "riverting" as I remember But still very good also smartly written comedy cartoons always hold up.

But there was a few like older Superfriends pre-galactic guardians and Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends which had some good episodes specifically the origin episodes for Amazing Friends but you can tell are written for small children and don't hold up well when trying to watch as an adult.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flyattractor View Post
    That is why the old Kid Video Toon cant get a dvd release.
    ah, that makes sense. I would imagine that merely getting permission to use the songs for 'Kid Video' wouldn't be so difficult. a lot of the artists would probably say "yes" because it would mean more royalties. however, I don't envision any company being willing to sink that much money into license fees and royalties! oh well, in.... 75 to 90 years they might have a box set after most of those songs become public domain. ;-)