Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

"The Penance Stare is an ability of a Ghost Rider to incapacitate victims. When in close combat, the Ghost Rider locks eyes with his victim and makes him or her feel every pain that that individual has ever inflicted on anyone else innocent in their lifetime. Its effects are similar to the soul searing effect of hellfire. Although it can backfire with certain individuals. "

http://marvel.wikia.com/Penance_Stare

This is a reason on why this doesn't affect the Punisher.
    Last edited by Bionder; 08-13-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionder View Post
    "The Penance Stare is an ability of a Ghost Rider to incapacitate victims. When in close combat, the Ghost Rider locks eyes with his victim and makes him or her feel every pain that that individual has ever inflicted on anyone else innocent in their lifetime. Its effects are similar to the soul searing effect of hellfire. Although it can backfire with certain individuals. "

The Punisher doesn't kill innocents.
    Doesn't mean he hasn't hurt them. Regardless, the penance stare has nothing to do with regret.

BANNED

The Punisher doesn't kill innocents.
    Hasn't it been stated many times that Frank's actions usually have collateral damage? Or that he goes amuck and starts killing petty thieves? I'm not a Punisher expert so I don't know how valid these "facts" are, but this whole fight is bullshit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Regardless, the penance stare has nothing to do with regret.
    That as well. Or in the Venom fight, the fact that Venom was responsible for the death of many innocents shouldn't weaken GR.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    That as well. Or in the Venom fight, the fact that Venom was responsible for the death of many innocents shouldn't weaken GR.
    Don't remind me lol. If anything, that should power him up immensely. What a ridiculous plot element. And then there was the Leader with his magic one liner.

Doesn't mean he hasn't hurt them. Regardless, the penance stare has nothing to do with regret.
    Sure i'm not talking about the regret, i'm quoting what is written on Marvel wiki that explains one reason why the Penance stare didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Hasn't it been stated many times that Frank's actions usually have collateral damage? Or that he goes amuck and starts killing petty thieves? I'm not a Punisher expert so I don't know how valid these "facts" are, but this whole fight is bullshit.
    No collateral damage. Don't know what petty thieves is to you, but in his stories killers, drug dealers, rapists, etc are history.

Sure i'm not talking about the regret, i'm quoting what is written on Marvel wiki that explains one reason why the Penance stare didn't work.

No collateral damage. Don't know what petty thieves is to you, but in his stories killers, drug dealers, rapists, etc are history.
    So these criminals have no innocent family left behind? No one negatively impacted by those deaths?

These characters may not care about the collateral damage they cause, but it exists.

BANNED

Don't remind me lol. If anything, that should power him up immensely. What a ridiculous plot element. And then there was the Leader with his magic one liner.
    Yeah, that was awful as well.

Huh, I'd have sworn that I read that somewhere. Anyway, I know that he mostly targets scum but in later years the Penance Stare works on anyone who's done something bad. That's why it worked on Strange and Wolverine and Thor (I think). Frank delivers a lot of pain and enjoys so he himself isn't innocent, which is the current standard for being vulnerable to the PS. The person just has to have inflicted pain on others.
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 08-13-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

This is a reason on why this doesn't affect the Punisher.
    He's already used it on punisher before.....

You're not, but the reason given in the book is.

It doesn't explain anything because the Punisher has /hurt/ innocents as per its definition. Maybe not killed, but he's punched Spider-man and Daredevil in the face enough times to at least singe the tips of his hair. And I find it unbelievable that someone in his line of work hasn't caused some kind of collateral damage but he's reputably known for conveniently avoiding that.

I know you like the guy, but it's undeniable that he was OP'd this issue for plot.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 08-13-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    So these criminals have no innocent family left behind? No one negatively impacted by those deaths?

These characters may not care about the collateral damage they cause, but it exists.
    This is a comic book, not real life. Who cares "in-comics" for the grandsons of a drug dealer or a daughter of a rapist who get a bullet in the head? No one cares.

The Punisher doesn't harm or kill innocents. He does his job directly to who deserves it.

BANNED

This is a comic book, not real life. Who cares "in-comics" for the grandsons of a drug dealer or a daughter of a rapist who get a bullet in the head? No one cares.

The Punisher doesn't harm or kill innocents. He does his job directly to who deserves it.
    Come on man, that's just like putting your fingers on your ears and sayin nananananana. Punisher has inflicted tons of pain and there's bound to be some collateral damage. He should not be able to even put up a fight against GR and that's it. End of story.

You're not, but the reason given in the book is.

It doesn't explain anything because the Punisher has /hurt/ innocents as per its definition. Maybe not killed, but he's punched Spider-man and Daredevil in the face enough times to at least singe the tips of his hair. And I find it unbelievable that someone in his line of work hasn't caused some kind of collateral damage but he's reputably known for conveniently avoiding that.

I know you like the guy, but it's undeniable that he was OP'd this issue for plot.
    Everyone has hurt innocents, every hero. So by your definition everyone should be affected by Penance Stare. I'm trying to uncomplicate what you guys are saying, just it.

About collateral damage, in the big events when the Avengers and other "big heroes" are involved might have more collateral damage than the Punisher. Yes, they fight in the city, explode buildings etc...

This is a comic book, don't make it too real. By giving "real life" explanations.
    Last edited by Bionder; 08-13-2014 at 11:08 AM.

BANNED

Everyone has hurt innocents, every hero. So by your definition everyone should be affected by Penance Stare. I'm trying to uncomplicate what you guys are saying, just it.

About collateral damage, in the big events when the Avengers and other "big heroes" involved might have more collateral damage than the Punisher. Yes, they fight in the city, explode buildings etc...

This is a comic book, don't make it too real. By giving "real life" explanations.
    Nobody is saying otherwise. Pretty much everyone should be affected by it. That's why it's such a dangerous weapon. Condradicting that is a flaw in the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    He's already used it on punisher before.....
    I was looking for one issue that actually worked... can you name the issue? I get the feeling the last time he used, it didn't worked.