Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    They put Mondo and not Amara? Lol.
    eh They both cancel each other out when it comes to convoluted backstory's

I'm actually glad that Amara got replaced by Mondo. Let's face it, between Illyana, Doug, Sam and Amara almost half of the original New Mutants were white skinned blondes. It was a bit much.
    Magma can join another team in Wave 2 or something

So bringing back a character like Mondo, who is not only Samoan but also has a different body type than your standard super hero, is pretty cool.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm actually glad that Amara got replaced by Mondo. Let's face it, between Illyana, Doug, Sam and Amara almost half of the original New Mutants were white skinned blondes. It was a bit much.

So bringing back a character like Mondo, who is not only Samoan but also has a different body type than your standard super hero, is pretty cool.
    Being white and the hair color of the basically original team lineup should not prohibit inclusion of Magma in a new team book of New Mutants...

On another note, I would have liked Monet with this crew but Mondo seems interesting as a new addition to the classic lineup.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    They put Mondo and not Amara? Lol
    I'm here for Illyana and Danie, I don't care about the other ones actually.
    Love Magma’s power set and the visuals, but she never really seems to have caught on overall with the audience. Not sure why?

This book just would not work without Dani and Illyana. So glad Sunspot in on this too!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

I always wondered why Claremont and/or the artist chose to give them all such a similar aesthetic. Sam and Magma really could have debuted ad brunettes especially considering that was a hair color not represented in the group as they were created

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookfan5878 View Post
    Love Magma’s power set and the visuals, but she never really seems to have caught on overall with the audience. Not sure why?

This book just would not work without Dani and Illyana. So glad Sunspot in on this too!
    She should have stayed Brown.(her introduction in native garb and fake brown skin does not read well ). She could have been indigenous Brazilian or a pardo ..
    Last edited by Paleo_Rage; 07-27-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I always wondered why Claremont and/or the artist chose to give them all such a similar aesthetic. Sam and Magma really could have debuted ad brunettes especially considering that was a hair color not represented in the group as they were created
    Its funny how his brothers and sisters all vary.. but he was a blond. Maybe it was to distinguish him from Cyclops as he was also suppose to be tall and gangly looking. Maybe maybe he could have had those Norman Osborn waves lol. I really want to know why this generation of mutants started out so diverse but then stopped.. Even the Hellions had a tad but not for the women. As a child I just knew casteye was Black lol... If it wasnt for Warpath and Jet Stream the Hellions would have been just as bad just intentional with it. Too bad we didnt get to see the 2nd, 3rd and fourth string hellions before they were killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    well there weren't any blonde X-Men at the time i don't think. IMHO Doug, Illyana, Sam, and Amara was the limit of blondes...it was only till the X-Terminators (sans Taki) were folded into the group that it became blindingly bright. It woulda been cool if Taki had joined :/

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    She should have stayed Brown.(her introduction in native garb and fake brown skin does read well ). She could have been indigenous Brazilian or a pardo ..
    yUUUUUUp

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    She should have stayed Brown.(her introduction in native garb and fake brown skin does not read well ). She could have been indigenous Brazilian or a pardo ..
    I always liked the X-Men Evolution depiction of Magma

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    well there weren't any blonde X-Men at the time i don't think. IMHO Doug, Illyana, Sam, and Amara was the limit of blondes...it was only till the X-Terminators (sans Taki) were folded into the group that it became blindingly bright. It woulda been cool if Taki had joined :/

yUUUUUUp
    The X-men lineup shouldnt have mattered. There were already 2 young blonde New Mutant characters (Sam and Illyana) when Magma and Doug were created and he put all 4 on the same team, not the X-men. It did seem excessive

IDA on the X-terminators making it brightly blonde. Doug, Illyana and Magma were already gone by that point. Boom Boom and Skids were the only 2 blondes added (and Skids didnt last long). There was less on that specific roster
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-27-2019 at 09:31 PM.

i guess with Amara rockin' the fro i didn't mind as much lol

Magma is the most overlooked and disrespected Claremazon. Hopefully she's keeping herself occupied at Gramma Selene's bacchanal, rather than washing dishes at Ribstickers, where she's been ever since Dani made her get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by .A² View Post
    Magma is the most overlooked and disrespected Claremazon. Hopefully she's keeping herself occupied at Gramma Selene's bacchanal, rather than washing dishes at Ribstickers, where she's been ever since Dani made her get a job.
    Amara hates Selene and wants to kill her.

Finally responding to this. :P

1.What do you think about the line up do you like it? Do you hate it?

I actually like it. As a rule to myself, I try not to get excited for things because it always leads to disappointment. But I am “ready” for it and to see what this team does.

2.What do you think so far about the concept? Do you like Gen-X and New Mutants kinda merging together?

What are you crazy kids doing in space? Does it have to do with spoilers:
    that big head in HOX
    end of spoilers? Is it really about finding someone? I have plot questions and theories... and it’s making me excited. Noooo.

I’ve been catching up on the New Mutant history (they were so cute), so this is actually very awesome to me. I would have liked to see them interact more in Uncanny, but time jumps and pacing didn’t lend to that. I think they’ll mix very well, if written right.

3. Hickman writing suggests importance, Do you think this will final be the book to cement these character as mainstays

No. I would like them to be mainstays and I would like to be proven wrong. But the fact is, once everything really gets going and writers and in comic teams change, are they going to want to use these characters?

4. Mondo????

Yesssss! I am so ready for Mondo!
    Hopefully we get more of what Loebdell intended with the character, but there I go getting excited.

Mighty Member

Love Magik, Moonstar and Sunspot so looking forward to this. Only wish that Monet was in this too. Love her rivalry with Magik and would like to see her befriend Moonstar and Sunspot.