Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Could definitely use one of those.
    Right? We had such a good thing going and Editorial screwed it all up!
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Right? We had such a good thing going and Editorial screwed it all up!
    Isn't that always how it goes?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    But assuming Belasco doesn't know that - and he lists S'ym as one of Cat's adversaries after his sword - again, strange to send a rather underpowered thief against a demon who can wipe out all the X-Men. Just sayin'. Butmaybe Belasco is smarter than me (undoubtedly).
    I am not reading the comic, but if you want someone to send up against someone that powerful, someone who is good at evasion, stealth, and trickery might be a better choice than someone with raw power.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    I am not reading the comic, but if you want someone to send up against someone that powerful, someone who is good at evasion, stealth, and trickery might be a better choice than someone with raw power.
    Maybe?

Although S'ym is usually defeated only by raw power.

Anyway, the conceit of the book is that Felicia is the one chosen and I'm willing to roll with it. But I can see why others rolled their eyes instead.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 01-13-2023 at 05:05 PM.

We also got to have the Paul meets Paul 2099 special featuring the first appearance of Paul 2211!
    Yaaasss!!! Kiiinnnggg!!!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Yaaasss!!! Kiiinnnggg!!!
    Lol! Oh and don't forget...Peter Paulmer. (Oh God! The nightmare has begun!)

I have a new theory. Paul...is MJ's live-in nanny and the kids are hers and Peters but Peter...in his current eternal loser form...rejected them for some contrived reason and now we are going to have to sit through another hypocritical lecture from Editorial why Peter and MJ aren't right for each other...even though I am currently reading a far better comic about Peter and MJ being together. I have been brainstorming this one with coffee and late nights. I need to share it with the world!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-13-2023 at 06:42 PM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Lol! Oh and don't forget...Peter Paulmer. (Oh God! The nightmare has begun!)

I have a new theory. Paul...is MJ's live-in nanny and the kids are hers and Peters but Peter...in his current eternal loser form...rejected them for some contrived reason and now we are going to have to sit through another hypocritical lecture from Editorial why Peter and MJ aren't right for each other...even though I am currently reading a far better comic about Peter and MJ being together. I have been brainstorming this one with coffee and late nights. I need to share it with the world!
    Nice try but the kids are obviously Norman and MJ’s.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

No...just...no. Gross. Besides, we all know blondes are more Norman's thing. Like Harry's mom. She was a blonde, right? In the video game she was...holy crap, was his mom being blonde in the Insomniac game a reference to Gwen?!
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 01-13-2023 at 06:58 PM.

Sins Past 2: Electric Boogaloo.

No...just...no. Gross. Besides, we all know blondes are more Norman's thing. Like Harry's mom. She was a blonde, right? In the video game she was...holy crap, was his mom being blonde in the Insomniac game a reference to Gwen?!
    It's a common hair color .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's a common hair color .
    No, no, you're wrong! It was Gwen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    It is a great story!

Yep, I skipped over that. My bad. You're absolutely right.

Doesn't eliminate the fact there are dozens of women with stronger powers - and who are good in a fight and getting out of trouble. That's all. Felicia is a strange choice to go up against armies. I can understand why the reviewers thought it illogical.

He's infected with the techno virus and defeats a older Queen of Limbo Illyana in one of Illyana's futures in New Mutants 24-28 (where Illyana turns over Limbo to Maddie), only for our present day Illyana to use a techno Soulsword to defeat him. In our present, S'ym has a deal with someone in the shadows, but I don't think who has been revealed. Still, a strange choice to resolve X-Men storylines in what has been sold as a Spider-Man adjacent title, despite its setting.

Unless maybe it's Chasm LOL.

But assuming Belasco doesn't know that - and he lists S'ym as one of Cat's adversaries after his sword - again, strange to send a rather underpowered thief against a demon who can wipe out all the X-Men. Just sayin'. Butmaybe Belasco is smarter than me (undoubtedly).
    The present S'ym was teamed up with an alternate version of Magik who decided to stay in Limbo to rule it and bring it under heel rather than return to earth after first defeating Belasco like the 616 Magik did. The real Magik and Madeline Pryor defeated her and Magik cut off his finger as punishment for betraying her.

It pisses me off so much that Marvel wasted the idea of Belasco having a soul sword on this crap. This story would not exist if the writers and editors had any respect for the properties, characters, and stories. The Belasco from Quest for Magik, who single-handedly escaped interdimensional imprisonment, fought thousands of demons, expelled the ruler of Limbo to take it over, kidnapped the entire X-Men and proceeded to torture their trainee team, including through repeatedly killing them and bringing them back to life, and merged Limbo with earth just to get something he wanted has been reduced to asking Black Cat to find his lost keys. Way to turn one of your most frightening and ruthless villains into a complete joke, Marvel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Cosigning all the love for MJ/Red Sonja, and I did get the TPB of Spider-Man/Red Sonja at a NY Comic-Con I went to about a decade or so ago, which also contained a reprint of the original Marvel Team-Up issue with Red Sonja possessing MJ in the then-modern day. That said, if Mary Jane gets Belasco's Soulsword somehow by the end of this mini . . .
    Yeah, I remember the stories around Mary Jane and Red Sonja merging together. Although considering Marvel's current problems around the rights of Conan and his cast, I don't think we will see something like that again.

Still, al things considered, I can't stop thinking about MJ being merged with another certain lady: Felicia.

I mean, Dark Web's arc will last until next month, but "Mary Jane & Black Cat" arc is taking longer. Why? I don't know. The whole arc should happen during Dark Web, but the comic is taking more time to appear. My guess? Something insane is going to happen in the three last issues, something we MIGHT see hints in "Amazing Spider-Man" and other comics. And that's why they are keeping this miniseries to last beyond Dark Web.

Craziest thing I can guess? Something merges Mary Jane and Black Cat into one body, so they have to live their lifes in a shared way.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Yeah, I remember the stories around Mary Jane and Red Sonja merging together. Although considering Marvel's current problems around the rights of Conan and his cast, I don't think we will see something like that again.

Still, al things considered, I can't stop thinking about MJ being merged with another certain lady: Felicia.

I mean, Dark Web's arc will last until next month, but "Mary Jane & Black Cat" arc is taking longer. Why? I don't know. The whole arc should happen during Dark Web, but the comic is taking more time to appear. My guess? Something insane is going to happen in the three last issues, something we MIGHT see hints in "Amazing Spider-Man" and other comics. And that's why they are keeping this miniseries to last beyond Dark Web.

Craziest thing I can guess? Something merges Mary Jane and Black Cat into one body, so they have to live their lifes in a shared way.
    That'd be hilarious, but unlikely. I think more than anything it's just a "wouldn't this be fun" kind of mini since their team up during Beyond was well-received, and Dark Web was a good excuse since MJ doesn't have a role in the event.

I do wonder if the Joe Kelly 2-parter won't sort of wrap up the BC/MJ mini - the mini ends with Felicia unsure about staying with Peter and then Kelly splits then up, clearing the field for the revelation arc in March...

ETA: I guess that timing doesn't really work with the publishing schedule, but we've seen Marvel put books out in the wrong order
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 01-16-2023 at 03:39 PM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    That'd be hilarious, but unlikely. I think more than anything it's just a "wouldn't this be fun" kind of mini since their team up during Beyond was well-received, and Dark Web was a good excuse since MJ doesn't have a role in the event.

I do wonder if the Joe Kelly 2-parter won't sort of wrap up the BC/MJ mini - the mini ends with Felicia unsure about staying with Peter and then Kelly splits then up, clearing the field for the revelation arc in March...

ETA: I guess that timing doesn't really work with the publishing schedule, but we've seen Marvel put books out in the wrong order
    This mini won't conclude until AFTER Wells opens the mystery box and says "What Peter Did."

This whole situation is weird.