Page 50 of 86 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Interesting, why is All Star included? Isn't that Miller.
    No, All Star Batman (vol 2) #1-14 is Scott Snyder's Rebirth Batman series with various artists (no Capullo). Ended around the time Metal began.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Got this email. Looks like they will still bind books.

Comic Book Binding Customers:

As you have likely heard, Tim Benson is no longer with Houchen Bindery Ltd. We appreciate Tim’s work over the past 4 years and wish him all the best in his new position. We have heard from many of you with positive comments about the work Tim and our team did for you over the years – Thank you!

Moving forward I will be the point of contact for comic book orders. If you have any questions on current or future orders, please let me know. I look forward to working with you on your projects.

Our team and processes are fully in place and we stand ready to take on your comic book orders.

As a Certified Library Bindery through the Library Binding institute for over 40 years, we are proud of the legacy we have built, not only in Library Binding, but Comic Book Binding as well. Our capabilities are a perfect fit for any of your comic book binding needs:

-F-grade Buckram covers with foil stamping
    -Printed/laminated graphic covers – we can use your designs or you can take advantage of our in-house graphic design services
    -Die stamping
    -Dustjackets
    -Multiple binding methods such as DFAB, oversewing, and smyth sewing available
    -Head and Tail bands, ribbons, etc so you can create a truly customized book for your enjoyment

We want to thank you for trusting us over the years with your binding projects. We appreciate your business and look forward to collaborating in the future.

Have a nice weekend,

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Who is that from? Who is the new point man?

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ah I see sorry, I thought it was a New 52 or earlier bind, I wasn't even considering Rebirth. I was really hoping for All Star Deluxe editions. I guess that's not happening.
    It's ok. Yea, like I said, as you can see, I personally take a bit of an expansive idea when it coming collecting Scott Snyder on Batman comics. I want to capture more than just his Capullo-drawn #1-51 run. But I've see so many that just want to focus on Snyder/Capullo and that's fine too...it's about personal preference.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-09-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    There was never any doubt about that...Tim was great at what he did, but he didn't run the bindery or own it, etc...they have Tom in place and I believe he's actually been there even longer than Tim was there. Tom has been super communicative as I've got a batch of books up there now and am working on covers for someone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Who is that from? Who is the new point man?
    There's a guy named Tom that works there who will take the Tim role, it appears...

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Do you know if it's worth doing a traditional back with text, if you are printing it on the cover and not a dust jacket? I figure the hc would muddy the text a bit.

I also got the front cover's finished with your advice and added Black Mirror to Vol. 1 after JBatmanFan05 mentioned it.
    My personal preference is that I do a synopsis on back covers if I'm doing art on cover.

Just shipped off a project which will be dust jacket...no text on cover but I put everything on the jacket instead (with text on the front and back flaps). I did do art on the actual cover...but just art.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

That cover looks awesome!

Here's a set I just did for someone else for Countdown to Final Crisis...just sent the art in to Houchen.

https://dialcforcustom.tumblr.com/po...related_post=1
    Last edited by bobellis75; 02-14-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Bob, you seem very good at these. Do you work on graphic design or is it a hobby?

And Gordon, if that was directed at my question, it puts me more at ease. I'm sending all 3 volumes in to be done next week, haven't custom bound something before.
    It’s a hobby. I was an ok artist back in the day but am a copywriter/editor. I do work with graphic designers pretty closely so I try to pick up on design tips etc. but anyway no I’m not a pro. It’s a hobby. In fact I had never laid out covers or any comic stuff prior to...I dunno maybe a little over a year ago.