Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Prince's impact is subtler than Jackson's, but I think it is bigger.
    You can really start to chase your tail on this one.

Prince ever have an arcade or a console game?

Captain EO at Disney theme parks?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You can really start to chase your tail on this one.

Prince ever have an arcade or a console game?

Captain EO at Disney theme parks?
    Yeah, as someone who remembers both of them at the start of their careers, MJ had the greater impact. As big as Prince was, he always seemed to be in Michael's shadow.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, as someone who remembers both of them at the start of their careers, MJ had the greater impact. As big as Prince was, he always seemed to be in Michael's shadow.
    Never mind that to seriously try to compare them you would probably have to account for that a fair amount of Michael's body of work was stuff he was doing before he even hit puberty.

It just gets hard to find a meaningful metric once you start to factor the bigger picture in.

BANNED

Prince was a major heavyweight songwriter, and kept reinventing himself over the years. In that respect he's up there with David Bowie - and hardly anyone else.

Michael Jackson just did Michael Jackson over and over. Rather than reinventing himself he because a parody of himself.

I kind of somewhat agree. MJ never fully evolved from thriller. he kept trying to recapture what thriller did for him. now that been said, I think stranger in Moscow and you are not alone were better singles from the 90s than any song from prince in the 90's apart from the most beautiful girl in the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfall View Post
    Everyone is going for prince for looks. I thought MJ was more handsome when he still looked like an African american man with Afro or Jerry curls.

MJ was a song writer and composer like Prince. it's not fair when this is ignored. it's like mariah carey, who writers and compose most of her songs but it is not really talked about because she was such a great singer.

MJ is more handsome than Prince either he had darker skin before and when he had a white skin after.

MJ wrote better songs but I gave the talent to Prince because Prince could write songs fast which explains why he has a lot of albums. And Prince can play instruments.

BANNED

Prince was a major heavyweight songwriter, and kept reinventing himself over the years. In that respect he's up there with David Bowie - and hardly anyone else.

Michael Jackson just did Michael Jackson over and over. Rather than reinventing himself he because a parody of himself.

Prince kept reinventing but he still hasnt and nowhere near as popular as MJ. In fact, I might put George Michael above Prince. But prolly just equal.

Niffleheim

Looks
    Prince

Talent
    Michael

Music
    Michael

Voice
    Michael

Personality
    Prince (human)

Music Videoes
    Really!

Stage Presence
    Michael

Dancing Skills
    lmao!

Impact.
    He is the King for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Prince kept reinventing but he still hasnt and nowhere near as popular as MJ. In fact, I might put George Michael above Prince. But prolly just equal.
    No.

HUGE George Michael fan here, but when it comes to creative output I can't place him above Prince.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    No.

HUGE George Michael fan here, but when it comes to creative output I can't place him above Prince.
    Yeah, IMO, Prince owns George Michael.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

When it comes to creative output it's quite hard to find someone that Prince doesn't own. Not the fan speaking : it's a fact - and not because he wrote songs "faster". He almost couldn't stop...

Prince has recorded over 260 songs for his own albums and over 43 non-album tracks. He has written and recorded over 180 songs for a wide range of artists, including protegées such as Sheila E., Jill Jones and Mayte. Other songs have been used for his "satellite" projects, usually created as secondary outlets for his music: The Time, Vanity 6, Apollonia 6, The Family, and Madhouse. Some songs remain unreleased
    http://www.neosoul.com/music/purplejams.html

Dozens of those unreleased songs could be found not officially. And there are probably much more in his legendary vault..

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cul...ased-songs/amp

Prince has a different problem from any of the others. He left behind hundreds of unreleased songs, and while many are unfinished sketches, others are fully fleshed-out compositions. Some were recorded for Warner Bros. during Prince’s long relationship with the label, and there have been glimmerings of a plan for resurfacing some of the vault material. (...)

There are hundreds of other songs not made for Warner that remain in the vault. “Deliverance,” of course, is a third case, or a corruption of the second case—not made for a major label, but not safely captured by the vault
    Last edited by Abe; 03-15-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    MJ is more handsome than Prince either he had darker skin before and when he had a white skin after.

MJ wrote better songs but I gave the talent to Prince because Prince could write songs fast which explains why he has a lot of albums. And Prince can play instruments.
    You'd have to be blind not to recognize that MJ ruined his face by repeated visits to a less than ethical plastic surgeon. He literally had no nose left.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You'd have to be blind not to recognize that MJ ruined his face by repeated visits to a less than ethical plastic surgeon. He literally had no nose left.
    For me, he still looked good. Though some angles dont look good but overall, he still looks good. He looks more manly than Prince too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    No.

Maybe in your country but we only remember Prince with Betchaby Golly Wow. As for George Micheal, everybody knows the song Careless Whisper. Of course we always hear Last Christmas song every Xmas. Freedom is kinda or maybe not. Andfilipinos know his song wake me up before you go go.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Michael Jackson, Prince, and George Michael...

What bums me out is that NONE of those three guys should be dead yet.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Both died of drug overdoes while in their 50s, so that part is a tie.