Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

She-Hulk at 147 with 13,302. Such a shame. Maybe her next title will do better. :/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed especially about the bolded part.

It's something that even James Robinson mentioned, it's not enough to complain about the absence of a title, people need to support it.
    a fair point sure

But they all but admitted it was dropped for reasons away from numbers

it was selling fine by today's standards

but to get sales it needs good writing, I think slot will be fine, but I think in a book like ff the visuals need to be on point

I thought the future foundation idea book was good but the art was horrible imo

The art must be on point

Whilst subjective, I think the art on a lit of marvel books gas been either bland or just poor, and that's made me drop titles faster than a story ever will

Of course that's only my perspective but for ff I think it's important

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    She-Hulk at 147 with 13,302. Such a shame. Maybe her next title will do better. :/

Imo jen has been misdirected and badly handled since CW2

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Agreed. From what I saw of the She Hulk title, it was bit on the dark side and that may be why it failed.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    a fair point sure

but to get sales it needs good writing, I think slot will be fine, but I think in a book like ff the visuals need to be on point

The art must be on point

Whilst subjective, I think the art on a lit of marvel books gas been either bland or just poor, and that's made me drop titles faster than a story ever will

The art in Charles Soule's She Hulk is one of the reasons I dropped the book after a while. Pulido has to be guilty of drawing the ugliest She Hulk ever.

I feel the same as you about the art. For what you pay for comics these days, I want to have the art to be appealing. The indy style art just doesn't work for me unless it's more of a comedy book.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If people want the FF to stick around, they need to be buying the book.
    I agree. It's time people put their money where their mouth is.

It's the perfect time for people to jump on the book and those saying that the FF should come back should try the first issue at least otherwise they were talking crap all this time.
    Last edited by Crimz; 04-10-2018 at 09:14 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I agree. It's time people put their money where their mouth is.

It's the perfect time for people to jump on the book and those saying that the FF should come back should try the first issue at least otherwise they were talking crap all this time.
    Yeah, I would hope everyone who's said there should be an ff book at least give it a few issue

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    When did this happen?

Marvel only briefly positioned Iron Man as their flagship character in 2015 or thereabout.

Emphasis on the word briefly.
    That whole "Iron Man as the flagship character" thing is just kind of hilarious in hindsight given by the second arc Bendis was developing Tony's replacements and then shoved him into Civil War II .
    Despite whatever was said in press interviews when Bendis' IM launched, there was no indication in the actual books that Spider-Man was anything less than the same central character he always was.
    Not that he's ever been much of a central character in the MU given how irrelevant he generally is in events (unless you're Miles) and how he gets treated by the hero community...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not that he's ever been much of a central character in the MU given how irrelevant he generally is in events (unless you're Miles) and how he gets treated by the hero community...
    Spidey should never be treated too well by the superhero community. It's part of his appeal that he doesn't completely fit in.

If anything, I always thought it was a mistake to have him on the Avengers as a full-time member. For an individual mission, sure, but full-time means he isn't the outsider anymore and that's really where Spidey belongs as a character.

Spectacular Member

Imo jen has been misdirected and badly handled since CW2
    Admittedly I have no prior reading experience with She-Hulk, but I really loved the first 3-4 issues of Hulk. I liked Tamaki’s narration for Jen and its depiction of anxiety, and the artstyle fit well. But then the first arc ended meh and disappointingly. And the second arc was just... bad. Issue 11 wasn’t my cup of tea plus a major tonal shift. Not to mention the random art changes in the middle of issues and Savage She-Hulk always looking so lame compared with the beautiful cover art. And sounds like what I loved about the first few issues never ended up being handled or delt with well.

Dropped it when Legacy started but might get the last arc off the bins for completion since it got cancelled.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Spidey should never be treated too well by the superhero community. It's part of his appeal that he doesn't completely fit in.
    I think there are better ways of depicting that then making him the butt of jokes or treated like dirt like he was in Waid's Avengers.
    If anything, I always thought it was a mistake to have him on the Avengers as a full-time member. For an individual mission, sure, but full-time means he isn't the outsider anymore and that's really where Spidey belongs as a character.
    Not to mention nobody seems to know what to do with him other then have him fulfill the comedy relief role.

It's clear Waid only included Peter in his Avengers to give them a HQ. As soon as No Surrender started, by which time events in his solo had taken away that HQ, he was literally frozen out, and has played no part.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's clear Waid only included Peter in his Avengers to give them a HQ. As soon as No Surrender started, by which time events in his solo had taken away that HQ, he was literally frozen out, and has played no part.
    He wasn't in Waid's Avengers much but going back to Bendis' New Avengers run, even though I enjoyed that run, I always thought it was a misstep to bring Spidey and Wolverine in as full time members. I can see why, from a commercial standpoint, they did it but from a character standpoint, I didn't dig it so much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nickytesla96 View Post
    Admittedly I have no prior reading experience with She-Hulk, but I really loved the first 3-4 issues of Hulk. I liked Tamaki’s narration for Jen and its depiction of anxiety, and the artstyle fit well. But then the first arc ended meh and disappointingly. And the second arc was just... bad. Issue 11 wasn’t my cup of tea plus a major tonal shift. Not to mention the random art changes in the middle of issues and Savage She-Hulk always looking so lame compared with the beautiful cover art. And sounds like what I loved about the first few issues never ended up being handled or delt with well.

Dropped it when Legacy started but might get the last arc off the bins for completion since it got cancelled.
    I gave the first 4 issues a go, but found it very removed from the jen I knew

In fairness it made sense considering the recent issues she had had but it was just too pessimistic and depressed for me, but more importantly there wasn't any actual she hulk action, that's what dud me in

Of course I actually felt it was well written, just far off the board for the character

it made sense, I just felt it was too far off for a bit too long

and there was only so much on line bakery I could handle

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there are better ways of depicting that then making him the butt of jokes or treated like dirt like he was in Waid's Avengers.
    I think people way over exaggerate Peter's supposed mistreatment at the hands of his fellow heroes.

"Treated like dirt"? Come on. You'd think that his fellow Avengers took turns spitting on him.

And besides, this is a guy for whom humiliation has been a running gag since the days of Stan. Getting the short end of the stick has been a constant with Spidey. I don't see that ever changing.

Ultimate Member

a fair point sure

The art must be on point

I think it’s Sara Pichelli on FF which is a fantastic choice.

I agree that art on some books is a turnoff, I just couldn’t get into She-Hulk or Luke Cage because of the art.