Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Duggans run went downhill when he introduced shikla or whatever her name was.
    He rebounded, especially with Secret Empire.
    Last edited by cc008; 02-22-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Assam, yes Zub is a good writer. He’ll make sure each character has a moment to shine. And he understands all the old school,tropes that make superheroes tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    MARVEL 2-IN-ONE #6
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • JIM CHEUNG (A/C)
    Deadpool Variant Cover by Gerald Parel
    THE FATE OF THE FOUR – REVEALED AT LAST!
    A mad final gambit against the death of a universe! Ben and Johnny join forces with familiar friends, but will DOOM ruin everything? THE FATE OF THE FOUR will be determined here!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Oh man, I so wish it will lead to the return of the Fantastic Four! I'd be very happy for you, and would probably buy it

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Oh sh*t they are reprinting that Ant-Man Season One retcon galore (from what I heard Hank Pym was deaged in that book, and he met Bill Foster differently too etc). I guess movies fans coming from the Ant-Man and Wasp looking for comics about Pym will define a new Hank Pym in the public consciousness space by reading it. RIP Oldschool Hank Pym.
    It's not a retcon, it's not canon in 616. It's a retelling, nothing more. And Hank wasn't deaged in it, the story takes place 6 months after Maria was killed. Yes, he met Bill differently than in the 616, but as I said, it's a retelling, not canon. His dad is different, Egghead is different(ish, he's still evil after all), etc...

I like the story for what it is, and really... I very much doubt that movie fans will define a new version of Pym, like you said. And besides, the story might be different, but the characterization of Pym is pretty consistent with 616 Pym IMO.

I would buy it, but I already have it
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Thanks for the CBR link with the art.

No Black Bolt - disappointed, but not shocked. I'm still very curious by the lack of Jessica Jones. Damn May is going to be expensive.

Definitely:
    Daredevil 602 - I noticed that they're very vague here about what happened in 600.
    Daredevil 603
    Black Panther 1 - It's weird writing #1 after the Legacy numbering
    SHIELD 5 - I want to finish this series
    SHIELD 6
    Marvel 2-in-One 6 - This will hopefully be exciting, but we'll see. I noticed they've solicited a lot of FF trades as well.

Almost definitely:
    Lockjaw 4 - Finishing this unless it sucks
    Rise of the Black Panther 5 - Same
    New Mutants: Dead Souls 3 - Same

I had been considering but might not want to pay that much:
    Avengers 1
    Avengers 2
    Infinity Countdown 3
    Infinity Countdown: Captain Marvel
    Infinity Countdown: Daredevil

Probably not, but I could be persuaded:
    Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost 1
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    He rebounded, especially with Secret Empire.
    Yes, SE led to some of the best issues of Duggan's run. It's been on fire since then.

Spectacular Member

Lots of good stuff. Wallet's gonna take a hit with those Infinity Countdown tie-ins but that's expected. Really sad about no Black Bolt but hyped for his Exiles.

Probably gonna trade-wait Avengers and Venom since I really need my pull list scaled down unfortunately, but really looking forward to them. Thankfully most of the limited runs in my pull will have ended (along with Tomasi's Super stuff sadly ending).
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yes, SE led to some of the best issues of Duggan's run. It's been on fire since then.
    Yup. I'm glad he's ending it the way he wants to.

Astonishing Member

Single issues:
    AVENGERS:1 and 2.
    BLACK PANTHER #1
    VENOM #1
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #800

And TPBīS as well,but have not decided the ones i will get yet.
    Marvel comics just seem to be getting better,in May there are quite a lot of new comic books i want to read and collect.

No Thanos title for May, fuck you Marvel
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Incredible Member

Amazing how Marvel just keeps making more and more to completely lose interest, I stopped getting new books a couple weeks ago and with even more of my favorite characters gone this month, I don't even see a point in creating a pull list.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    No Thanos title for May, fuck you Marvel
    I feel like April's solicitation for Thanos #18 seemed pretty clearly final. There's also an Annual in April, but that looks more like a Ghost Rider story.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Amazing how Marvel just keeps making more and more to completely lose interest, I stopped getting new books a couple weeks ago and with even more of my favorite characters gone this month, I don't even see a point in creating a pull list.
    I hope when the dust clears there is enough good things to still care about and follow.
    Last edited by My Two Cents; 02-22-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I feel like April's solicitation for Thanos #18 seemed pretty clearly final. There's also an Annual in April, but that looks more like a Ghost Rider story.
    Well that sucks.

Idk how Thanos did sales-wise (though with the direct market if you're not Batman, Justice League, Amazing Spider-Man or an event, does it really matter?), but Donny Cates' run sounds like it's been phenomenal. He's still on Doctor Strange and taking over Venom though so as long as I get my Donny Cates fix I'm good.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

captain america #701 & 702
    moon knight #195

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I was expecting a lot more new titles to make up for the questionable decision to only have one Avengers title. I understand that this is the first month of the new editorial line, so there are probably more things to come, but it would be good to have an assurance that we wouldn't just have so many characters being arbitrarily sent to limbo right now.